which are some of the nicer/coveted Assist recues?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ballistic

which are some of the nicer/coveted Assist recues?

Post by ballistic »

I have no rescue type spydies in my collection, and want to get something. I kind of like the blaze orange Assist C79 with glass breaker. I dont know much about these. What are some of the nicer or more coveted models? In particular i like colored ones.. yellow, orange, blue, whatever. Does anyone collect these, or are they too utilitarian to be cool? :rolleyes: (i think they are cool)
Blackhair

Post by Blackhair »

Um... to the best of my knowledge there haven't been any colored variations of the Assist until the new Orange version.

I might be wrong though, it's been know to happen. :rolleyes:
Back from an extended hiatus.
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

i didnt mean only the Assist knives but any of the "rescue" spydies. I see on ebay a waved rescue and a few others. What are some of the essential models to collectors out there?
Spyderwings

Post by Spyderwings »

I don't know much about collectors interest in these knives, but I can say that the Rescues are great users. I have been carrying an SE version since Boxing Day and I love it.

Also, here is a link to zenheretic's photo gallery. In the first post it shows many different Rescues.
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28389
- Jason Dalsgaard
Current Spyders > C81GPBK Para-Military > C14SBK Rescue 93mm > C11P Delica 4 > FB05P Temperance > C29S Cricket > C14OR Full Sized Rescue > C90CF Stretch II > C12SBK Matriarch (VG-10)
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

I'm not sure any rescue types are coveted by very many folks at all. But if you want to covet, then you have to go SS handles, that is where the rare spydies reside. Look at the Deacon's website, he has the best gallery that I know of on this subject.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
ballistic

Post by ballistic »

thanks for the link to the photos. That custom Delica with the paw footprints and wolf... wow... (drool-drool)
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

ballistic wrote:thanks for the link to the photos. That custom Delica with the paw footprints and wolf... wow... (drool-drool)
Hehe, are you hijacking your own thread? :D
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

White FRN rescue seems to be quite interesting to collectors... (I know i want one!)
deeker

Post by deeker »

Is the D'Allara being discontinued? If so, it could be more desirable. Or maybe not.... :rolleyes:
JBE

Post by JBE »

The most coveted Rescue would probably have to be the D'Allara WTC edition. After that it would be probably be the older Mariner/Paramedic (SS) models followed by the rarer colored editions of the FRN models with the molded clips.
Jason