Caly 4 lw?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nate

Caly 4 lw?

Post by Nate »

Hi all,

Been a bit out of the loop for a while. Trying to sort out if the Caly 4 lw is a real thing that’s in-the-works or if it’s just something I hallucinated and want to believe is real???

Anyway, please, hoping someone can help a brother out and set me straight. Did some searching here and on the google, but didn’t find much. Maybe my “fu” is just weak tonight, dunno. Feel like this was confirmed a few years ago and then maybe it just disappeared into the ether…
:spyder:
JSumm

Re: Caly 4 lw?

Post by JSumm »

There is a Caly 4 in the works, but don't think it is a LW. There is a 3.5 LW in the works.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Nate

Post by Nate »

Thank you. Just remembered there was talk of a “CKPK” as well as one point, which may have added to my confusion.
:spyder:
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

I believed someone on the forum confirmed there was a caly 4 prototype at the last shotshow. Hopefully it gets revealed sometime this year
:bug-red-white
Current “dream collection” of knives
temperance 1, lil temperance 1 serrated leaf, black micarta calypso jr & calypso, cocobolo kopa, stainless serrated harpy, stainless cricket
benja-man

Post by benja-man »

Nate wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 10:38 pm
Thank you. Just remembered there was talk of a “CKPK” as well as one point, which may have added to my confusion.
What's that supposed to be? The Caly is a locking version of the UKPK anyways, is it not?
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

benja-man wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:41 am
Nate wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 10:38 pm
What's that supposed to be? The Caly is a locking version of the UKPK anyways, is it not?
It's supposed to be the Canadian Penknife; 3.5" variant of the UKPK. Maybe it's the "CanucK PenKnife" to make it CKPK :thinking?
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
benja-man

Post by benja-man »

weeping minora wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:54 pm
It's supposed to be the Canadian Penknife; 3.5" variant of the UKPK. Maybe it's the "CanucK PenKnife" to make it CKPK :thinking?
Thank you!
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

I've been really looking forward to the Caly 3.5 LW. Hopefully it gets here sooner rather than later!