pray for me and my trips

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
grahjas

pray for me and my trips

Post by grahjas »

This is really random, but i thought that i would post it. I am going on three international mission trips in the next year. I am going to Africa in a month, India over Christmas, and Poland in the summer (for almost a year). I am only seventeen, and my car was just wrecked (i got insurance money from the other guy) but I need a lot of prayer. Finances are not so good...and unfortunatly, i may end up having to sell some of my knives. But if that is what I am called to do to go, i will. But prayer would be appreciated...if any of you would like some more info, you can e-mail me at grahjsj4@navyseals.com or im me at just2mnymistakes.
Thanks
Jason
A Normal person with incredible knives in the service of an AWESOME God.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha grahjas!

Ya got prayers from my end buddy!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
grahjas

Post by grahjas »

Thanks so much. I was not sure how much support i could get, or even if i would get kicked off the forum for it. I am a relatively new Christian, so it is interesting finding others in places i used to frequent.
Jason
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Hey there grahjas!

"kicked off the Forum"?! :confused: Not for what you requested my friend. Know that I will be praying for you my realtively "new" Christian brother. Don't worry about them things...Trust in the Lord and ALL will work out. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it, but after it is all said and done...when ya look back on things, you'll say, "So THAT's why this happened" or whatever...

Psalm 121:7-8 bro.

God bless and take care! ;)

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Good luck Jason and God speed. I consider myself also a "new" Christian, though I am closing 40 years. ;) In fact, some of my ideas regarding this particular and sensitive subject could be considered rather heretical. ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
RAT 54

Post by RAT 54 »

grahjas, you will find a lot of support form the people round here. Good luck my friend. Prayers sent more to follow.
Ian
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

You are in our prayers, God bless.

....if God is for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

All the best Jason! Take care and stay sharp... ;)

Sam
CKE

Post by CKE »

Take Care of yourself in your travels. Prayers sent Jason, and in the grand scheme of things knives aren't the only thing....it is the support of your friends that matters :) Knives are comforting though...I must say. Take Care!!!

Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
grahjas

Post by grahjas »

Thanks for the support...i really need it right now. And i was thinking today...even knives like my BM-47a that i will probably never be able to replace...do they matter in the long run.
I hope to go to India permanently after i go to NEW TRIBES BIBLE INSTITUTE for college (i am taking a year off school first however)
Jason
lol...prolly noone cares, but i like to talk about God moving
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha grahjas!

Bro...DROP the "negativity"!!!

You be safe on your travels and KNOW that God is with you... ;)

java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

You are doing good works for an excellent cause in spreading the Word. :cool: Your actions speak volumes. Don't let a negative or who cares attitude grab onto ya! Each day is a new adventure. Knives are only a worldly, ergo replaceable, possession. Check into the local knives you will encounter on your journeys. Find out their history and manufacture. What you think you will lose in possessing todays mass produced CNC wonder blades cannot be replaced by the knowledge you can gain from areas where knives are a necessity and are hand crafted in time honored ways. Bring back some samples and rejoice in the work you will be doing.

God bless you and God Speed!! :)
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
grahjas

Post by grahjas »

thanks yall. I am selling all but my para, my perrin, my spyderfly, and and one of my other fly's. I don't care about them anymore. I have done a lot of praying in the last few days, and even though they are replacable...what does it matter. I have a knife that will do whatever i ask of it almost...andeven without a knife, i can survive. No knife will last me beyond the day i die...but the results of what i will be doing will be eternal.
I think the negativity had more to do with some other things going on in my life. I have found that Satan will attack you so much more when you are preparing to assault his territory (whether geographical, locally, in your life, or in someone else's)
Thanks again
Jason
Is there anythign you all need prayed for?
UK KEN

Good Luck!

Post by UK KEN »

Good luck!

For your age you show a great deal of commitment! Everyone has doubts from time to time, but you have overcome them! I'm sure that you will do well in "the field".

Regards Ken :)
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Prayers sent.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
dialex

Post by dialex »

Take care, Jason. They say that no one can give more than someone who has lost everything. :( I'd be sorry to hear that this is your case, but anyway, congratulations on your commitment for God.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.