2011 - Spyderco CrossBreed Prototype

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
SpyderJoe

2011 - Spyderco CrossBreed - Personal Prototype -

Post by SpyderJoe »

:cool:

spyderfan123

Post by spyderfan123 »

SpyderJoe wrote: :cool:

wow! i like it
that red light effect is cool!
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

No offense, but that looks horrible. Looks like a self defense knife rather than a tool.

That's the kind of thing people would call "shiv". I don't think I would want to be stopped by a cop with that in my pocket.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
R1Dave

Post by R1Dave »

Cool design for an SD blade. How well does that wave work ? Looks like it might snag a bit.
SpyderJoe

Post by SpyderJoe »

@ Benchmade[NL] thank you for the kind words!

@ David Lowry - No Offense but your taste in CK knives is in question..
And yes its an SD Design. Do you think the cop will be less concerned with the Cold Steel Espada 16.75" in the other pocket and the Desert Eagle .44 Magnum concealed...

@ R1Dave - Thanks! The wave works surprisingly well.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

+1 on the use of the red light. It adds a nice touch to the overall effect of the photo.

As for it looking too much like a SD knife, and similar comments we find on forums talking about not wanting to be 'caught by the cops' carrying X,Y,Z type of blade. Lest we forget about the 4th amendment, and the police can't just go around asking you to show you the knife/knives you have in your pockets. For all intent and purposes there needs to be at least some element of 'reasonable suspicion' for them to inquire as to what is in your pockets. For 99.99999% of all law abiding people, (1) you likely won't be asked this question by the police anyway. And (2) if you aren't looking and acting like Mr. Dirt-Bag, police would much rather be doing something else than going around looking for things like this. However, if you are going around looking/acting/being Mr. Dirt-Bag and give the police reason to contact you, ,then the look and design of you blade could give way to articulation of the possibility that said blade was intended for malevolence and may not bode well for you; and this is great because you are exactly the type who gives most knife enthusiasts a bad name. The same could be said for a screwdriver, that is generally considered a 'tool.'
SpyderJoe

Post by SpyderJoe »

@ SQSAR thanks for the Photo Compliment.

I'm Perplexed at your insightful comment yet(Most of which I agree with), Aggressively naive assumption...

If that's not the way it was meant to be interpreted then I do apologize.

(1) I do not buy a knife UNLESS it can Double as a Defense Tool...

(2) Mr. Said Dirt-Bag, Is the reason I would carry Said malevolence intended Blade.

Stay Sharp,
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I think you may have misinterpreted. My only assertion is, at least as I've found things to be, is that any blade you carry absolutely 100% should be thought of as a 'potential' SD tool; if not, why carry one in the first place. So yeah, I suspect we are in agreement here. Also, for sake of clarification, I believe that if you (not you personally, but in general) aren't a dirt-bag, then it really doesn't matter what your blade 'looks like,' because you probably aren't going to be hassled by the cops in the 1st place. So I suspect we are in agreement here as well. No worries, looking forward to more pics.
SpyderJoe

Post by SpyderJoe »

Thank you for the clarification. I approached it on the defensive. I agree with you 100%

Thanks for breaking the ice, I thought I was in for a "stuffy style" Forum for a little while there.

I will post some more, and make sure they are less aggressive blades styles ;)
henhen14

Post by henhen14 »

That is one of the coolest knives I've seen :eek:
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

Please show your stuff aggressive or not!
SpyderJoe

Post by SpyderJoe »

@ henhen14 & Drahkis

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement!!

I have a few more knives in the works. =-)
feed_the_animals

Post by feed_the_animals »

SpyderJoe wrote: I thought I was in for a "stuffy style" Forum for a little while there.
We're not really into that around here. I think that's why so many of us hang around. Thanks for sharing the pics, enjoy your stay.
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

SpyderJoe wrote:Thank you for the clarification. I approached it on the defensive. I agree with you 100%

Thanks for breaking the ice, I thought I was in for a "stuffy style" Forum for a little while there.

I will post some more, and make sure they are less aggressive blades styles ;)
**** no! Be as outrageous as you wish!

I like your blade design but not the hook/semi-hole on the spine but that's a personal subjective thing.......... ;)

Regards,

BRIAN
golddot370

Post by golddot370 »

Id buy a couple.
International Order Of The SpyderEdge
Spydiefanatic #370
Emersonaholic #370
Team KillboX #370
Proud member of the N.R.A
'MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON MY ENEMIES, BECAUSE I WON'T.'
General George S. Patton
Luke 22:36
SpyderJoe

Post by SpyderJoe »

@ buglerbilly - Thanks Brain! I have a tenacious in the works right now, its nothing special... I have a few Ideas on a blade mod, but the blade is already quite perfected.

@ golddot370

I do intend on trading or selling the CrossBreed above knife, since its a quick test mod, I would get ride of it pretty cheap to make way from other knife Mod projects.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

-SpyderJoe
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

SpyderJoe,

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry for my earlier words. I've been known in the past to be a little bit blunt and that crept out again. I find that hapens when I don't get much sleep.

Anyway, while I may not like the blade shape, I do think that the custom work does look good. It really made a Byrd knife look better.

Sorry for being so harsh man.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
R1Dave

Post by R1Dave »

Espada XL and a DE 44 !?!?! You are packin some heat !
SpyderJoe

Post by SpyderJoe »

@ David Lowry - It's ok David You are entitled to you opinions and that's awesome!
I Apologize for returned comments. Seems as though we both need more sleep, cheers mate!

@ R1Dave Yeah its allot of Extra Weight...(don't buy a DE) :-/ I only pack heat on vacation or in parts of towns that I feel a little uneasy at.
korbiaka

Post by korbiaka »

David Lowry wrote:SpyderJoe,

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry for my earlier words. I've been known in the past to be a little bit blunt and that crept out again. I find that hapens when I don't get much sleep.

Anyway, while I may not like the blade shape, I do think that the custom work does look good. It really made a Byrd knife look better.

Sorry for being so harsh man.
Was that Fisher of Men or Joe Dirt sneaking out? I liked Joe the best.

just messing with ya david