clip for Spyderco Civilian

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
maddoc

clip for Spyderco Civilian

Post by maddoc »

Hello friends!Special respect to Sal for the great knives! I've been using Military for a long time - this is my favorite EDC. I'm a doctor and knives are my hobby.I recently got a Civilian but without a clip. What are the options to purchase an original or custom clip? There is another difficulty-I am not from the USA.
Michael Janich

Re: clip for Spyderco Civilian

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear maddoc:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Complete details on purchasing a replacement clip can be found here: https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... ent-clips/.

Stay safe,

Mike
maddoc

Post by maddoc »

Mike, thanks for the reply. I will definitely write to support.But it's also interesting- are there really no custom clips for Civi?For Military and others I have seen on sale.But not for Civi(
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

You might check the usual places for aftermarket clips. eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Lynch, etc.
maddoc

Post by maddoc »

Hurray!! I have found a solution! Rate it guys! We have a titanium clip for Military on the market (there are none at all for Civi!). I made a little semicircle for one of the bolts and for one fixing screw. I attached the thread to the retainer. The hairline matched clearly! Now the knife is as secretive as possible!)
Attachments
20240506_155511~2.jpg
20240506_155525.jpg
20240506_155608.jpg
hplovecrafter

Post by hplovecrafter »

nice ingenuity. is it riding on 2 screws total? it is a little difficult to see in your pics. i do see you grinded off some of the base of the clip but I can't really make out where the screws are dropped. in any case, thanks for sharing.
maddoc

Post by maddoc »

It is screwed tightly with 2 screws- you can get to them. 3 the screw under which the groove is made is pre-twisted with a thread lock into the knife before reaching g10 by the thickness of the clip - it serves as a stop
Attachments
20240507_193818~2.jpg
hplovecrafter

Post by hplovecrafter »

maddoc wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:45 am
It is screwed tightly with 2 screws- you can get to them. 3 the screw under which the groove is made is pre-twisted with a thread lock into the knife before reaching g10 by the thickness of the clip - it serves as a stop
AWESOME! that explains it thanks!
maddoc

Post by maddoc »

first, we screw the stop screw into the handle on the retainer not to the full depth, leaving room for the clip. We bring the clip under the cap of this bolt and slide the clip until the other 2 holes are aligned. We screw the bolts into them until they stop and tighten them.