Fish Hunter

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cadenseegers

Fish Hunter

Post by cadenseegers »

I have been looking for years for a Spyderco Fish Hunter. I've been scammed and I'm starting to lose hope. Is there anyone who knows where to find one or can sell me one? I'd be more than ecstatic. It's a perfect knife for my needs. Thanks guys.
sal

Re: Fish Hunter

Post by sal »

Hi Cadenseegers,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

cadenseegers wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:17 pm
I have been looking for years for a Spyderco Fish Hunter. I've been scammed and I'm starting to lose hope. Is there anyone who knows where to find one or can sell me one? I'd be more than ecstatic. It's a perfect knife for my needs. Thanks guys.
Hi,

I’m in the same boat as you in searching for one (to no avail as yet). Seems that it was much more of a user knife than a collector’s piece, and is now rarer than hen’s teeth (on account of most of them being in use).
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

Have you considered the Jumpmaster 2 - it’s functionally similar but a smidge more blade and a full tang. It’s a real do-anything knife - I use the absolute snot out of mine at work (I’m literally taking a break from pruning some Malaysian Dwarf coconut palms with it as I write this).
Attachments
66d938d2-4382-4d98-9a22-5a0ac6e565b1.jpeg
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Mine’s not for sale, but the thread needs pics! It’s not a knife I see discussed much and truthfully I didn’t know it was discontinued. I was about to suggest the Enuff 2 until I got them out for size comparison. Didn’t realize the FH was that much bigger — especially in the handle.
cadenseegers

Post by cadenseegers »

Beautiful knife. Yours looks very lightly used if any use at all. I am thankful to say my efforts to find one were successful. I joined this forum in hopes to find one for sale and that's exactly what happened. Bentoboxshop in California has a few in stock and I ordered one. They reached out to me after seeing my post and let me know they had some so I ordered one before they were gone. I'd hate to miss out. Bentoboxshop was very helpful with the ordering process and shipping. I'm excited to receive it for sure!
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

I may be Blades Canada's ultimate fan boy. Or, just the guy that posts up that Warriors and Wonders/Blades Canada is showing 4 Spyderco Fish Hunter in stock. And, I am surprised that the Catcherman has not sold out.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)