New Salt knives (black lock bar or plain)?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TSINGA

New Salt knives (black lock bar or plain)?

Post by TSINGA »

Does anybody know if the new Salt knives have the black coated lock bar? I'm specifically interested in the Dragonfly Salt PE. I have some Salt knives that have black coated lock bars and some that don't. As I recall, I have a Pacific Salt SE in H2 that has a black lock bar and a Pacific Salt PE in H1 that does not. Any help is much appreciated!
phaust

Re: New Salt knives (black lock bar or plain)?

Post by phaust »

They do, but you probably want to call the dealer to verify what their stock is because it was a rolling change.
TSINGA

Post by TSINGA »

phaust wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 am
They do, but you probably want to call the dealer to verify what their stock is because it was a rolling change.
Thanks, I though it was odd that an H2 blade came with an uncoated lock bar, since H2 replaced H1.
phaust

Post by phaust »

TSINGA wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:20 am
phaust wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 am
Thanks, I though it was odd that an H2 blade came with an uncoated lock bar, since H2 replaced H1.
I got two salts with mixed coated/uncoated parts as well, one from the factory store even. Seems to be a mix of parts until all the old stuff is used up.