Tenacious

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
MBC220w205

Tenacious

Post by MBC220w205 »

I would like to ask the hive mind a question, I have seen a secondhand Spyderco Tenacious for sale here in the UK. The knife has FRN/Lightweight scales and an 8Cr13MOV blade, my main concern is that the box that the knife is shown with has the correct Spyderco stock/part number (C122PBBK) and has a bar code on too but the label is missing the two letter date code. Is it or would you consider this knife to be a fake/clone?
Fake 3.jpg
Fake 2.jpg
Fake 1.jpg
Hic et nunc

Re: Tenacious

Post by Hic et nunc »

hi,
I couldn't tell you the codes. but doing a search on the photos of the knife, the writing on the steel seems to be printed incorrectly compared to the information leaflet found inside its box, but I could always be wrong.

Last edited by Hic et nunc on Thu May 02, 2024 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I use a translator :bug-red-white
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hic et nunc wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 3:53 am
hi,
I couldn't tell you the codes. but doing a search on the photos of the knife, the writing on the steel seems to be printed incorrectly compared to the information leaflet found inside its box, but I could always be wrong.
Hi, Hic et nunc:
Both are actually correct. :) The Tenacious in the picture you shared is this one: https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C122BBK/1835. But the Lightweight Tenacious is also offered with CPM S35VN steel: https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C122BL/1910. The product information guide represents all of the various configurations available in the Tenacious.

I hope this helps.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Hic et nunc

Post by Hic et nunc »

hi Taz
Perfect ! one step closer to understand better :)
I use a translator :bug-red-white