Spyderco Sinkevich Drunken.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steeljustice

Spyderco Sinkevich Drunken.

Post by steeljustice »

Looking at the new Spyderco Drunken Designed by Dmitry Sinkevich, the same designer who designed my 0456 Zero Tolerance i bought in 2016 for then $240 US with blade material cpm 20cv, the Spyderco Drunken blade material is S90V the Zero Tolerance 0456 is Made in the United States of America the Spyderco Drunken is made in Taiwan.

If one looks closely at both the Spyderco Drunken and the Zero Tolerance 0456, you can't help notice that both knives have almost the same designed lines of both handle and blade shape with just very small differences, the ZT 0456 is all Ti the Spyderco Drunken half TI half Carbon Fiber.

My ZT 0456 is a flipper opening the Spyderco Drunken has the standard Spyderco thumb hole for it's opening, both have the almost same design locking devices.

Dmitry Sinkevich is one of the greatest knife designer today, and the Spyderco Drunken will be one of the best Spyderco knives that i am sure of.
riclaw

Re: Spyderco Sinkevich Drunken.

Post by riclaw »

It's a beautiful knife. I hope you enjoy it :)
- Richard
steeljustice

Post by steeljustice »

I was in hopes some forum member would disagree of my posting, in regards of it's design being close to the Z.T. 0456 that was designed and made in 2016.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

steeljustice wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:34 pm
I was in hopes some forum member would disagree of my posting, in regards of it's design being close to the Z.T. 0456 that was designed and made in 2016.
It's hard to disagree. They look similar. Not surprising, since they're both collaborations with Mr. Sinkevich. Beautiful designs!
steeljustice

Post by steeljustice »

I really like my Z.T. 0456 when i first saw it while working in the knife Dept. in my local sporting goods store and bought it, i had never handled a flipper and cut the crap out of my hand trying to get the flip learned.

It's some what on the heavy side being all TI i can sure understand the half of the Druken being carbon fiber.

The weight is a good reason my EDC is the Spyderco PM2 and not the z.T 0456.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I was confused by the "new" description. The Spyderco was probably being designed at about the same time as your Z.T. It first appeared in the 2018 mid-year supplement. Given the relative sizes of Spyderco and KAI, I would expect the latter to be a bit quicker to market.