Forum Update/Maintenance & Move - PLEASE READ

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: Forum Update/Maintenance & Move - PLEASE READ

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Well I guess I’m late to the party but the forum looks great Kristi 👏 I’m not really tech-savvy so just I keep checking this thread for updates and instructions…didn’t realize how much of a morning/evening ritual this place was until it was offline…I get up at 4:49 am every morning except Sunday and it’s kinda like having coffee with friends, even the dogs look at me like “Dude, really?”
Anyway glad everything worked out or is getting worked out 🙏👊
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm loving the new formatting options :')
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:49 pm
rex-121would be something :exploding-head
:bug-red :exploding-head :exploding-head :exploding-head :exploding-head :exploding-head :exploding-head :bug-red-white
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

The new contrast is a big improvement, thanks!

sal wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:19 pm
Hi Kristi,

A larger size font would be appreciated if possible?

sal

Agreed.

While the font size is adjustable if logged in, the "unlogged" font size is tiny! That would affect the many readers of the forum who don't log in, possibly encouraging them to just click away to elsewhere.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:29 pm
The new contrast is a big improvement, thanks!

sal wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:19 pm
Hi Kristi,

A larger size font would be appreciated if possible?

sal

Agreed.

While the font size is adjustable if logged in, the "unlogged" font size is tiny! That would affect the many readers of the forum who don't log in, possibly encouraging them to just click away to elsewhere.
+1
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:12 pm
I agree, much easier to read now. Doing a great job Kristi!
100 % agreed - on both "easier to read now" AND the great job Kristi does!! :smlling-eyes
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

RamZar wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:46 pm
Please check out Mr Blonde's videos (page below) from the Amsterdam Meet and they're giving error messages.

viewtopic.php?t=96308&start=140

True.
This is the only downside I can see so far (among a lot of improvements!) and I hope it can be fixed.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
James Y

Post by James Y »

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:39 pm
JSumm wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:33 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:19 am
I must be a little slow today, but I can't figure out which option we're supposed to hit to insert a Youtube video. Used to be a small circle with a black arrow pointed towards the right. When I select the option that looks similar now, it says something about invalid bb codes or something along those lines?
I cannot figure out how to get the YouTube image to pop up.

https://youtu.be/6_BK5n994JM
So, the difference is I'm using the "Share" link from the video you posted instead of the URL, and it's working. My best guess is that it's YouTube and how they allow links to be used within other platforms (the extension we're using in this case). Try it again using the link given when you click "Share" on YouTube. @Buddafucco @TkoK83Spy @JSumm
https://youtu.be/6_BK5n994JM?si=ATy4yavJaWNwSB7n

I've clicked the Share link below videos, and then clicked Copy Link, but all that shows up here is the link that takes you to watch it on YouTube.

I must be a slow learner.

Jim
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Great work Kristi and team!
Back in time for my saturday morning coffee, doesn’t get any better than that.
No let’s see what happens at 9AM ..that’s in one minute - gotto post

Edit to add: posting seems to be much snappier than before, and it’s now 9AM CET and the forum is not showing “General error”. Outstanding!
eventhorizon

Post by eventhorizon »

James Y wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:50 am
TazKristi wrote:
JSumm wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:33 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:19 am
I must be a little slow today, but I can't figure out which option we're supposed to hit to insert a Youtube video. Used to be a small circle with a black arrow pointed towards the right. When I select the option that looks similar now, it says something about invalid bb codes or something along those lines?
I cannot figure out how to get the YouTube image to pop up.

https://youtu.be/6_BK5n994JM
So, the difference is I'm using the "Share" link from the video you posted instead of the URL, and it's working. My best guess is that it's YouTube and how they allow links to be used within other platforms (the extension we're using in this case). Try it again using the link given when you click "Share" on YouTube. @Buddafucco @TkoK83Spy @JSumm

I've clicked the Share link below videos, and then clicked Copy Link, but all that shows up here is the link that takes you to watch it on YouTube.

I must be a slow learner.

Jim

Doesn't work for me either.

I tried the dedicated "Embed any video" button for Youtube as well, doesn't work either, just getting an error message "You cannot use certain BBCodes".
notorious fidgeteer
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Does anybody else's unread notifications for threads your subscribed to show up like this? Then once it's clicked on, then it's contents are able to be seen.

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:44 am
Does anybody else's unread notifications for threads your subscribed to show up like this? Then once it's clicked on, then it's contents are able to be seen.

Yesterday it was fine but since this morning i'm seeing blank notices as well.
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

TkoK83Spy wrote:

Yes. They are glared out until I click on it.
MRj “Weak things break!”
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Same here with YouTube videos - the url is not working.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:28 pm
TazKristi wrote:
Is there by chance some admin settings that are opened up for you, but not typical users? Like a permissons setting. Looks like the video and the mentions even copied from your text will not display the same.

BTW, this has been an incredibly smooth transtion. You and your team deserve applause!

That could be something that is happening, while trying to get my videos embedded in various methods offered by the new software, I'm getting a message indicating I have no 'permission to post media'.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:45 am
JSumm wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:28 pm
TazKristi wrote:
Is there by chance some admin settings that are opened up for you, but not typical users? Like a permissons setting. Looks like the video and the mentions even copied from your text will not display the same.

BTW, this has been an incredibly smooth transtion. You and your team deserve applause!

That could be something that is happening, while trying to get my videos embedded in various methods offered by the new software, I'm getting a message indicating I have no 'permission to post media'.
I'm guessing so. Kristi was able to use all the new functions including mentions. But copying her exact text or implementing the same characters doesn't work. When Kristi tagged us, we were notified, so it is definitely is working. I'm sure they'll figure it out next week when they are back at work.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Just realized: I don't get e mail notifications anymore when I get quoted / someone replies to a post of mine... and yes, I did check if all the relevant boxes are clicked correctly: They are.

Does not really bother me though, just thought I'd still mention it.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TkoK83Spy wrote:

Whoa, Rick, that's mostly my icon there... did I really quote you that much? (And you never actually read any of it? :winking-tongue ;) )
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I keep getting errors today. After reloading the page once, twice, or thrice, the pages will usually load.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240317-091848.png
Screenshot_20240317-092143.png
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

jabba359 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:24 am
I keep getting errors today. After reloading the page once, twice, or thrice, the pages will usually load.

Same here... both on the cellphone and laptop
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Rick and Paul, my notifications are showing up blank also.