Forum Update/Maintenance & Move - PLEASE READ

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
hollowt1pz

Re: Forum Update/Maintenance & Move - PLEASE READ

Post by hollowt1pz »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:45 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:53 am
I'm still not getting Email notifications for replys and mentions. I re-submitted my email info and double checked my preferences. Not sure what I'm missing.
You're not missing anything. ;)

We're still working on it. I'll post an update once it's resolved.

Kristi
Hey Kristi, I'm having a problem with sending PMs. They just sit in outbox. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but I'm sorry for adding something more to what you are dealing with heh. Please advise, thx

Mike
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:45 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:53 am
I'm still not getting Email notifications for replys and mentions. I re-submitted my email info and double checked my preferences. Not sure what I'm missing.
You're not missing anything. ;)

We're still working on it. I'll post an update once it's resolved.

Kristi
Thanks!
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

hollowt1pz wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:09 pm
Hey Kristi, I'm having a problem with sending PMs. They just sit in outbox. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but I'm sorry for adding something more to what you are dealing with heh. Please advise, thx

Mike

When they show in the Outbox... That means the recipient hasn't viewed the message yet.
•• Beau
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

hollowt1pz wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:09 pm

Mike
Hey, Mike:
This thread should help explain it. :smiling-cheeks

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
hollowt1pz

Post by hollowt1pz »

Ah right okay I thought it worked like email accounts, apologies for not searching it and thanks guys

Mike
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Email notifications for subscribed threads started rolling in at around 10:43am Pacific Time. However, there are some duplicates. I got 13 emails in a row from different threads and some with posts from days past. Perhaps it’s just flushing the system.

I’ll look out for emailed notifications with time stamps matching what the post says.

Thank you.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

I noticed when trying to show a link oos that the line only went through the text and not the link. Example:
Cutlery Shoppe https://cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-c17p ... print-run/
MRj “Weak things break!”
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

Updates look great!!
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Mrj wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:14 pm
I noticed when trying to show a link oos that the line only went through the text and not the link. Example:
@Mrj I like crossing off Links... I hope there's a fix for that. :crossed-fingers

p.s. I quoted you and mentioned you... Did you get two notifications?
•• Beau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:11 pm
Mrj wrote:
@Mrj I like crossing off Links... I hope there's a fix for that. :crossed-fingers

@Buddafucco i did and I agree
MRj “Weak things break!”
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Mrj wrote:
Unfortunately, the way around it is to give the link a label.

Cutlery Shoppe

Code: Select all

[url=https://cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-c17psgr-catcherman-salt-folder-4-64-lc200n-combo-edge-blade-green-frn-handle-sprint-run/][s]Cutlery Shoppe[/s][/url]
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
hollowt1pz

Post by hollowt1pz »

Mrj wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:22 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:11 pm
Mrj wrote:

@Buddafucco i did and I agree
I'm not sure if I would separate those notifications or not. I believe that under PHP it would be rather easy to disable one or the other, but that's kinda the reason they updated this *I think*, this is where I should have paid more attention in school.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:10 pm
Email notifications for subscribed threads started rolling in at around 10:43am Pacific Time. However, there are some duplicates. I got 13 emails in a row from different threads and some with posts from days past. Perhaps it’s just flushing the system. ..
Yes, I also got three in a row from different threads and times a few days ago.
But then nothing again (so no notifications anymore when someone replied to or quoted me, which actually happened several times in the last days).

Again, not an issue for me personally (don´t really need email notifications), but just meant as a feedback
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:26 pm
RamZar wrote:
Email notifications for subscribed threads started rolling in at around 10:43am Pacific Time. However, there are some duplicates. I got 13 emails in a row from different threads and some with posts from days past. Perhaps it’s just flushing the system. ..
Yes, I also got three in a row from different threads and times a few days ago.
But then nothing again (so no notifications anymore when someone replied to or quoted me, which actually happened several times in the last days).

Again, not an issue for me personally (don´t really need email notifications), but just meant as a feedback
Once we cleared the email issue, there was a push of emails that had backed up. @Wartstein check your settings in the User CP (under Board Preferences - Edit notification options). I don't think it defaults to turning on emails for mentions. Did you get the notification on the board?

I appreciate the feedback!

Kristi
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:34 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:26 pm
RamZar wrote:
Once we cleared the email issue, there was a push of emails that had backed up. @Wartstein check your settings in the User CP (under Board Preferences - Edit notification options). I don't think it defaults to turning on emails for mentions. Did you get the notification on the board?

I appreciate the feedback!

Kristi

Hey Kristi,

yes, I checked the notification settings after the forum was updated and yet again:
All relevant boxes are checked (in fact I never changed those settings from when I first subscribed), but I still don´t get email notifications (also not concerning YOUR reply and mentioning me here).

But again: If this is a thing just in my case, don´t bother. Don´t really need email notifications.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm still not getting Email notifications (if Im reading correctly that has been fixed for some). Yes I reset my preferences.

Also, I'm noticing that there is a lag to some posts. Like I'll look at a thread and see 5 comments. Comment on it myself, then when I look at it again later, a post will appear between the 2nd and 3rd post that I didn't see the first time through. It's happened at least twice now.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:32 pm
I'm still not getting Email notifications (if Im reading correctly that has been fixed for some). Yes I reset my preferences.

Also, I'm noticing that there is a lag to some posts. Like I'll look at a thread and see 5 comments. Comment on it myself, then when I look at it again later, a post will appear between the 2nd and 3rd post that I didn't see the first time through. It's happened at least twice now.
We're looking into email issues. Can you give me a more specific example of lagging posts? I can't say I've seen that and can't recreate it, so specifics would be great.

Thank you!

Kristi
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

@TazKristi
holokai wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 pm
GP has them in stock as of this post timestamp:

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-catch ... 7psgr.html

Hope that helps anyone looking for one
I swear this post wasn't there the first time I looked at this thread. I saw the post before it and two after it. Then when I checked back. It was there.

From the catcherman thread.

RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Under "User Control Panel > Overview > Manage subscriptions" I'm subscribed to the "Catcherman LC200N Sprint Run" thread.

Under "User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit notification options" this is what it looked like:

I have now checked the box for the EMAIL column for all of them. Let's see how that goes...
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:37 pm
@TazKristi
holokai wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 pm
GP has them in stock as of this post timestamp:

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-catch ... 7psgr.html

Hope that helps anyone looking for one
I swear this post wasn't there the first time I looked at this thread. I saw the post before it and two after it. Then when I checked back. It was there.

From the catcherman thread.

Holokai's first post was moderated, so it didn't show up until it was approved by a mod. :bug-red
•• Beau