Forum Update/Maintenance & Move - PLEASE READ

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
TazKristi

Re: Forum Update/Maintenance & Move - PLEASE READ

Post by TazKristi »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:19 am
I must be a little slow today, but I can't figure out which option we're supposed to hit to insert a Youtube video. Used to be a small circle with a black arrow pointed towards the right. When I select the option that looks similar now, it says something about invalid bb codes or something along those lines?
You no longer have to click anything, Rick. Just copy/paste the URL in the post. It will appear as below.

I hope this helps.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Didn't work for me.
Last edited by Buddafucco on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Excellent! Thank you Kristi!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
I must be a little slow today, but I can't figure out which option we're supposed to hit to insert a Youtube video. Used to be a small circle with a black arrow pointed towards the right. When I select the option that looks similar now, it says something about invalid bb codes or something along those lines?
I cannot figure out how to get the YouTube image to pop up.

https://youtu.be/6_BK5n994JM
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
eventhorizon

Post by eventhorizon »

Some overall (user) editability would have been nice, but apart from that I'm liking it so far...
notorious fidgeteer
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Looks like the theme was updated for higher contrast reading? Thank you for listening to us!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:33 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:

So, the difference is I'm using the "Share" link from the video you posted instead of the URL, and it's working. My best guess is that it's YouTube and how they allow links to be used within other platforms (the extension we're using in this case). Try it again using the link given when you click "Share" on YouTube. @Buddafucco @TkoK83Spy @JSumm
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

p_atrick wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 am
Peter1960 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:15 am
Nice that the forum is online again!
But I'm unhappy that all the contributions can only be read against a gray background (alternately lighter or darker). Although it looks stylish, it is difficult and hindering when reading and understanding the meaning of the text (there is a lack of contrast). If gray backgrounds were beneficial, why aren't books printed that way?
Maybe one can reconsider this, that's what I hope.
Concur. I wish the test was a bit darker. I don't mind the use of alternating shades of gray to create distinction between posts, but the text does not have enough contrast.
That was fast. New font color looks great. Thanks!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

As you might have guessed by now, we're still tweaking some things. I wanted to get your feedback before we went further. We've already adjusted the font color and contrast. I'm looking into some alternate themes that you would be able to choose from in your settings. I'll let everyone know when that happens (if I can find themes that work for us ;)).

The @ Mentions seem to only work in the Full Editor screen and not in the Quick Reply. So, if you want to use that feature, please click "Full Editor" under the Quick Reply.

If you'd like to adjust your font size, I created a sticky thread here explaining how to do that.

Kristi
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:45 pm
As you might have guessed by now, we're still tweaking some things. I wanted to get your feedback before we went further. We've already adjusted the font color and contrast. I'm looking into some alternate themes that you would be able to choose from in your settings. I'll let everyone know when that happens (if I can find themes that work for us ;)).

The @ Mentions seem to only work in the Full Editor screen and not in the Quick Reply. So, if you want to use that feature, please click "Full Editor" under the Quick Reply.

If you'd like to adjust your font size, I created a sticky thread here explaining how to do that.

Kristi
Thanks Kristi! I like the option of having alternative themes!
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Kristi,

A larger size font would be appreciated if possible?

sal
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:39 pm
So, the difference is I'm using the "Share" link from the video you posted instead of the URL, and it's working. My best guess is that it's YouTube and how they allow links to be used within other platforms (the extension we're using in this case). Try it again using the link given when you click "Share" on YouTube. @Buddafucco @TkoK83Spy @JSumm
https://youtu.be/6_BK5n994JM?si=ATy4yavJaWNwSB7n
Is there by chance some admin settings that are opened up for you, but not typical users? Like a permissons setting. Looks like the video and the mentions even copied from your text will not display the same.

BTW, this has been an incredibly smooth transtion. You and your team deserve applause!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

sal wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:19 pm
Hi Kristi,

A larger size font would be appreciated if possible?

sal
Here you go Sal.

viewtopic.php?t=96345
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Please check out Mr Blonde's videos (page below) from the Amsterdam Meet and they're giving error messages.

viewtopic.php?t=96308&start=140

Unread Notifications are tough to read.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

The JUMP TO menu at the bottom of the page is a little wonky.

shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Agree that pasting anything available on the youtube website does not embed a video in the forum post. (for us)

Pretty sure you need the Media Embed icon enabled.
Wallach

Post by Wallach »

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:45 pm

Kristi
The font colors and contrast seem much, much better now. Thank you for all the work you're doing!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I agree, much easier to read now. Doing a great job Kristi!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I'm not getting email notifications on subscribed threads like I used to.

Drop down for thread tools is tough to read.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:39 pm
JSumm wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:33 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:

https://youtu.be/6_BK5n994JM?si=ATy4yavJaWNwSB7n

https://youtu.be/UkexJPexfGc?si=qijgCKZFGFLV2ZCT

:index-finger That is copied from the Share link in YouTube and pasted into the full editor.

And this @Tazkristi was typed in the full editor. No drop down appeared.

Also, I did not receive a notification from the @Buddafucco you typed. I can tell it worked on your end though, because it came out red. Mines not red.

I'm definitely Not trying to be a pain in the butt... Just trying to help. 🙂
•• Beau