How about... a saber grind PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
crayon

How about... a saber grind PM2

Post by crayon »

The flat grind is of course what makes the Pm2 the Pm2, but hear me out. The Stretch XL shares a very similar blade profile, and there's just something about that hollow saber grind on the Stretch XL Salt version. The blade silhouette works so well with a saber grind. I'm thinking it would be a great option next to the regular PM2 for people who don't have one yet, and a 100% guaranteed buy for anyone who is a fan of the PM2 platform and owns more than one.
ZrowsN1s

Re: How about... a saber grind PM2

Post by ZrowsN1s »

There 'was' the waved pm2 with an awesome saber grind. But much like the Tanto PM2 it is a casualty of the 'Exclusive Blade Shape' experiment that has left most of the PM2 variants unavailable. Maybe bladeops will restock them someday.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

I'm all for different shapes and grinds but I'm not a fan of the exclusive blade shape thing.

Cutlery Shoppe doesn't even have the wharnie pm2 page up anymore (and they usually leave them up for exclusives they plan on running again).
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

I'm in
TCX3

Post by TCX3 »

I really like this. I'm in for a few.
fixall

Post by fixall »

I can sometimes get on board for a very high hollow grind, but a saber grind with a hollow just doesn’t do anything for me whatsoever. I just don’t like the performance. 🤷