Tracking the prices of knives over the years

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vivi

Tracking the prices of knives over the years

Post by vivi »

I've been going through some old documents, and among them are knife receipts.

Thought it'd be neat to have a thread where people post theirs too. Email invoices, paper receipts, price stickers still on the box....any of those is fine.

Here's a faded New Graham receipt from a few years back for a Yojimbo 2 @ $125

Rex45 Native Chief:

:unicorn
Naperville

Re: Tracking the prices of knives over the years

Post by Naperville »

I have a Dell Alienware that went down over a year ago and those internal drives have the most recent information on the knives and prices paid over the years (before I sold off 1/2 of them off).

I have several other external WD Drives where things were backed up, and unfortunately WD sold me a bad drive and that drive was a complete backup of the internal drives on the Dell Alienware. My Dell Alienware holds 3 SSDs...and there is nothing wrong with the drives but at the moment I do not have a system to park them in to get at the data.

If things change, I'll post all the data that I have.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
aicolainen

Re: Tracking the prices of knives over the years

Post by aicolainen »

Did a quick search in my inbox
A Benchmade 940-2 (G-10) was one of the first knives I ordered domestically in Norway after I got into (folding)knives.
In August of 2016 I paid NOK1469 (USD141 at current exchange rate). A similarly quick search on Google shopping returned one domestic store offering the 940-2 at NOK3499 (USD336 at current exchange rate).
The store is one that usually competes well on price, so the price is likely to be a fair deal in todays market, and still it's almost 2.4 times the price I paid a little under 8 years ago. Sold it after a year or so, so no chance of cashing in on that "investment" now.

I may find more snapshots of cutlery pricing history if I dig deeper, but that's all I got for now.