Thanks from the UK, and issue with UKPK spring

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
judoka

Thanks from the UK, and issue with UKPK spring

Post by judoka »

Dear Sal and the Spyderco Team,

Firstly, let me express my gratitude for the incredible knives and tools you offer. I have invested a significant amount of money in your products, and am grateful to be a consumer. Furthermore, your company’s culture is incredible. I’m based in the UK, and you have gone above and beyond. For example, just recently, you sent me an impeccable S110v PM2 from the seconds sale, and a complimentary 2023 product guide. Most US companies don’t bother to help out their customers on the other side of the world like you do.

In June 2023, I purchased an S110v UKPK from Heinnie Haynes, for £149.95 (not including shipping), which at today’s exchange rate, is over $190. I have hardly used the knife, and the factory edge is still shaving sharp. However, there seems to be an issue with the spring that has developed recently.

I noticed that the action of the knife was no longer smooth, and was now clunky, as if there was dirt trapped inside the moving parts of the spring and blade. I disassembled the knife carefully, to give it a clean and oil, in the hope of improving things. I noticed that there was not dirt, but that part of the spring that contacts the blade has chipped away. I did reassemble the knife after ensuring it was clean, and the action is still clunky.

I am disappointed and hope that you can help me here. As you know, it is problematic posting knives from the UK (and actually, Royal Mail over here have recently banned the posting of anything with a sharp edge). If you do insist on me returning the damaged spring, this could be done, and I’d appreciate if you would arrange for postage.

I have a Spy27 UKPK which is my “user” knife, and the action is silky smooth in comparison. Which makes me sure that my S110V model has an issue.

If you could provide support, I’d be very grateful. All the best, and keep doing what you’re doing!

PS I have reached out to customer services. But I wanted to make a post thanking you for your products and service, anyway. I am also a bit concerned that customer services will request me to post the knife to you, which may be difficult, unreliable and expensive.

:bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-red
sal

Re: Thanks from the UK, and issue with UKPK spring

Post by sal »

Hi Judoka,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for your support.

I'll alert Charlynn in customer service to your dilemma. I'm sure she can help you out.

sal
judoka

Re: Thanks from the UK, and issue with UKPK spring

Post by judoka »

sal wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:50 pm
Hi Judoka,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for your support.

I'll alert Charlynn in customer service to your dilemma. I'm sure she can help you out.

sal
Thank you so much. I appreciate hugely.