New Person Introduction and Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Janice

New Person Introduction and Question

Post by Janice »

Introducing myself, Janice from the UK. My husband passed away three years ago. He loved collecting his knives, they were his treasure and he spend many hours / days / weeks lol admiring them. I have finally worked up the courage to sell his collections.

Can I sell on the Spyderco Forum? If not would you be kind and recommend another site/place. Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best
sal

Re: New Person Introduction and Question

Post by sal »

Hi Janice,

Sorry for your loss, and welcome to our forum. We don't have a buy/sell program option on this forum. There are a number of places where you will be able to sell knives and I'm sure they will come up in conversation. I know Vivi has a special site for buying and selling. Blade forums has a buy sell sub forum. I'm sure the folks here will also recommend more .

sal
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Sorry for your loss Janice. I don’t think there is anywhere to sell on the forum. The only places I can think of are EBay or Reddit knife swap
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
Synov

Post by Synov »

Blade Forums is a good place. If you purchase a $30 membership, you can start selling immediately and members will be able to give you valuation advice if you need it. Reddit is free but you will lose some money because you can only do PayPal Goods and Services until you have sold/bought 25 knives.
Visualizing the Tradeoff of Higher Hardness
S90V: Manix XL CF Yojumbo CF Shaman CF Native 5 Fluted CF CPM-154/S90V: Manix 2 Magnacut: Native 5 Fluted Ti Damasteel: Native 5 40th Anniversary ZDP-189: Dragonfly 2 Nishijin N690Co: PITS XHP: Chaparral Birdseye Maple
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

My condolences.

There is a private subreddit only for verified members of the Spyderco Forum to buy and sell Spyderco knives. Vivi set it up and manages it. More info here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=89177&hilit=knife+swap

I've also seen others sell on Facebook using the Millie, PM2, Para 3 club. I have no personal experience with that one.
- Richard
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Very sorry for your loss.

I would recommend reddit at the below link. Just forum members.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spydercoswap/s/BhrVpIJukS

Also, the Facebook Millie club is great. Sell within the group with daily buy, sell, trade posts. I have purchased and traded a bit there and can say it is quite good.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/milliep ... tid=BuDSZP
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Janice

Post by Janice »

Wow thank you all for being so helpful, it really is appreciated - I am out of my depth but learning :-)
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

eBay makes me mad sometimes. Their cut takes a chunk out when ever I sell a knife
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

Are you one who posted the collection pic on the Spyderco subreddit, and asked about info on the SpyderWrench?
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
vanka

Post by vanka »

Double tap
Last edited by vanka on Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vanka

Post by vanka »

vanka wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:16 pm
Janice wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:18 pm
Introducing myself, Janice from the UK. My husband passed away three years ago. He loved collecting his knives, they were his treasure and he spend many hours / days / weeks lol admiring them. I have finally worked up the courage to sell his collections.

Can I sell on the Spyderco Forum? If not would you be kind and recommend another site/place. Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best
My condolences, Janice. I see you're based in the UK. You should try our UK based forum edgematters.uk
Buying and selling is permitted there, plus you won't have to deal with shipping overseas. If you need any more help please do let me know or PM me.
Janice

Post by Janice »

Yes that was me. Oh thank you I will try that forum. The laws in the UK are quite strict (which you probably already know) I have been a bit nervous contacting any groups in the UK. Apologies for not replying sooner, I thought if someone left a message that I would receive an email? I have only just seen that I had a couple of messages.
Janice

Post by Janice »

Unfortunately I cannot sell on the UK eBay as they do not allow knives. Our laws in the UK are restrictive, it doesn't stop knife crime, those types of knives are usually kitchen knives or knives that people purchase to cause damage/death, I heard they are called zombie knives.

Thank you all for your advice, it is truly appreciated. I am hoping to sell most of the knives by the end of April as our Royal Mail stop allowing knives to be sent/shipped. I am not sure what other postal services will ship to the USA from the UK at present.

Thank you again, so nice of you all
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Janice, I sold quite a few new in box knives through Arizona Custom Knives. They do take a cut, plus you have to ship the knives there. But you do not have to advertise the knives, ship the sold knives to the buyer or deal with the transactions.

I'm in the US and shipped 10+ knives per box all insured to them, with a sheet listing the prices that I wanted the knives to start out at. They have a web interface where you can raise or lower the prices that the knives are for sale for. I waited until the knives were on the site for 2 weeks before I lowered prices.

They do an excellent job, and pay out as detailed on their site.

If you do not know what to charge for one or more knives, ask them to list it for the most that it would sell for, and they will do it. I would not send them used knives.

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hey Janice,
I think your best bet for a quick sale & especially coming from Europe would be the already mentioned Blade Forums.
And as also previously mentioned, you will need to buy a Gold Membership. These are $30
But, then you will have access to the Individual Sales Forum & the many thousands upon thousands of members there.
As far as value goes, you could shoot RamZar a private message and he may be able to let you know what each knife could sell for or possibly name a price for the whole lot.
Good luck going forward
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I just signed up for the Gold Membership on Blade Forums. I see there are various brands to sell under for individual sales, but I'm not seeing a dedicated Spyderco option. Is there one that I just happened to miss?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:06 am
I just signed up for the Gold Membership on Blade Forums. I see there are various brands to sell under for individual sales, but I'm not seeing a dedicated Spyderco option. Is there one that I just happened to miss?
No Rick. They'll just have to go under Folding Knives. Although, it's time Spyderco had its own sub-forum there.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:13 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
No Rick. They'll just have to go under Folding Knives. Although, it's time Spyderco had its own sub-forum there.
Thanks Paul, appreciate it buddy! Going on a selling spree here soon. Doing some more makeovers to the house, and a new truck soon with these ungodly interest rates. Time to turn some knives into cash.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:15 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:13 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thanks Paul, appreciate it buddy! Going on a selling spree here soon. Doing some more makeovers to the house, and a new truck soon with these ungodly interest rates. Time to turn some knives into cash.
I heard that! 😎
I'll be doing the same thing before too long, my friend.