Spyderco Models We Need In FULL SE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Drubieg

Re: Spyderco Models We Need In FULL SE

Post by Drubieg »

Police lw VG10 serrated. It’s Not really justified tho seeing as the k390 version got discontinued
kriezek

Post by kriezek »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:14 am
I usually touch on this subject at least once a year. And we've gotten some really interesting results as to the models that folks would love to have in FULL SE. After all Spyderco really made their name and put themselves on the map by producing arguably the very best serrated blades of any knife company.

However in the past few years there has been a few models that many of us would have loved to have seen Fully Serrated. I'll list a few and I'm sure the rest of you will have a model or two that they would like to see with TEETH.

Some of the past models that I was disappointed when they never offered them in Full SE include: The SUPERHAWK, The C-111 Captain, The Breeden RESCUE and the TATANKA.

Also for years I've been hoping to see some of the great recurve models offered in full SE. Those include THE ULIZE, The KRIS, The SPYKER just to name a few. OK I'm sure you all have some of your favorite Spyderco models you would like to see with TEETH so tell us which ones they are.
Agree with the SUPERHAWK being fully serrated. But would like to see it in LC200N so that is tough enough for the garden and we don't have to worry about it getting wet. I prefer LC200N to H2 when not ON the water itself.
Top 5 6 - Stretch, Delica 4, Mantra 3, Smock, PM2, Techno 2
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The SUPERHAWK in full SE would be a slam dunk winner for sure. And you could add both of the Jason Breeden models as well for an SE Sprint Run. The Captain and the Breeden RESCUE would both be super good USERS in SE.

Those would be at the top of my list for Serrated blade Sprint Runs.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

VG10 FFG Delica
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

elena86 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:22 am
VG10 FFG Delica

:clinking-mugs This.
And the same for the Endura.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

I’ve been wanting to see some SE in CTS BD1N. Not too picky about the model. Just curious as to why there hasn’t been any, unless I’ve just missed it.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

jwbnyc wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:33 am
I’ve been wanting to see some SE in CTS BD1N. Not too picky about the model. Just curious as to why there hasn’t been any, unless I’ve just missed it.
Para 3 LW
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

Well there you have it. I missed it. Thanks.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I would be happy if the Spyderhawk Salt SE would come back . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
PStone

Post by PStone »

I know it’s a collaboration and unlikely to happen, but a Spydiechef. I think that the design is suited nicely for a Spyderedge with its full belly and negative handle. Would surely make for a very aggressive cutter
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

There are just so many great Spyderco models that would really perform great in full SE. Again the three models I would love to see in SE the most are the C-111 Captain, The Breeden RESCUE and the ULIZE.

I'm still baffled as to why the SUPERHAWK was never available with a set of TEETH. All Hawkbill blades should be available with TEETH. I do believe we need more fixed blades with TEETH as well. I hope to hear from more of you.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:49 pm

I do believe we need more fixed blades with TEETH as well. I hope to hear from more of you.
This! 👆🏻

I am holding out for the Jumpmaster 2 like a kid for Christmas! Any larger fixed blade with an SE edge and a tough steel would be great for the harsh slashing and hacking work common in a variety of outdoor workplaces. A modest parang in SE would be great for anyone from farmers and horticulturalists to tree surgeons and rock climbers. If the price could be kept down through Chinese manufacturing it might be an opening into the SE Asian market (pun completely intended 😉).
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

The chisel grind commonly on SE blades might be an issue with larger fixed blade knives though due to its inherent directional bias in the cut 🤔
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JoviAl wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:42 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:49 pm

I do believe we need more fixed blades with TEETH as well. I hope to hear from more of you.
This! 👆🏻

I am holding out for the Jumpmaster 2 like a kid for Christmas! Any larger fixed blade with an SE edge and a tough steel would be great for the harsh slashing and hacking work common in a variety of outdoor workplaces. A modest parang in SE would be great for anyone from farmers and horticulturalists to tree surgeons and rock climbers. If the price could be kept down through Chinese manufacturing it might be an opening into the SE Asian market (pun completely intended 😉).
That would be great>> but I was alluding to the 2004 era TEMPERANCE 1 fixed blade which was available in PE & SE. Oh how I would love to see a SALT version of the TEMP1 with a steel like LC200N or maybe some newer nitrogen based, corrosion proof blade steel.

All these years I've had the full SE TEMP1 I'm still using it quite often.

I would also love to see a full SE version of the STREETBEAT or even the original RONIN with TEETH.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Would like to try a mule with teeth! Having something like the SPY27 SS in spyderedge would be an ideal test mule.....
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

A Chap SE might be the only full SE that could sway me to get another full SE right now, and that's coming.

Slight departure from topic, but what I'd really like to see is a couple of salts in CE. S2XL salt in FFG CE would be a great starting point.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:44 pm
Would like to try a mule with teeth! Having something like the SPY27 SS in spyderedge would be an ideal test mule.....
I was wondering the other day if there has ever been a MULE model with TEETH??? The blade on the MULE is slightly shorter than that of a TEMPERANCE 1 model. But I could live with it if the steel selection is right on.

Because using the perfect steel for plain edges is somewhat different than a steel to use for a serrated edge.

But that's a really good question that I would also like an answer to.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yesterday I was going through some old e-mails I had exchanged over the years with the esteemed Dr. Hannibal Lecter M.D.. You all may remember that Dr. Lecter a few years back was a major contributor here on the Forum regarding all the Hawkbill and Karambit type blades that Spyderco has blessed us with.

And Dr. Lecter had agreed with me on a few occasions that all Hawkbill type blades need to be offered up in full Spyderedge.

Along with the Superhawk there was another Spyderco Hawkbill that was never offered in full SE. I'm speaking of the KARAHAWK model. If they ever made that tactical bad boy in full SE I would definitely have to have one.

I think it should be a law that all Hawkbill and all RESCUE type blades should be available with TEETH. The KARAHAWK was one I never got because they never made it with a nice Spyderedge. I hope you all agree with me.
JayHenMac

Post by JayHenMac »

The Sage 5 with a SE would be my perfect setup. The thinner stock, the sweet compression lock, and in my opinion the blade shape is the best Spyderco offers. Currently, I compromise by carrying a Para 3 fully serrated. My second favorite is the SE Endela.

So my vote would be a SE version of the Sage 5.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

JayHenMac wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:00 pm
The Sage 5 with a SE would be my perfect setup. The thinner stock, the sweet compression lock, and in my opinion the blade shape is the best Spyderco offers. Currently, I compromise by carrying a Para 3 fully serrated. My second favorite is the SE Endela.

So my vote would be a SE version of the Sage 5.

Nice choices!

The Endela SE is the best SE knife I personally own.
Also had a Para 3 LW in SE - the model itself is not so much for me, but the serrations were pretty good!

Now concerning the Sage 5: The fact that now they are bringing out a Chaparral in SE could make teeth also for the Sage a bit more likely - ?
And from what I hear about the teeth on the Caribbean SE, "Taichung teeth" should be well done!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)