Oppenheimer - My Opinion

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Coastal

Re: Oppenheimer - My Opinion

Post by Coastal »

Well, now spydergoat’s commentary has made me interested in it again.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I was disappointed with the constant noise of the movie it just took away from the dialog and ruined it for me. I was so eager to see this movie, since I work with Oak Ridge and the other National labs in the radiation field, it would have been right up my alley.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Coastal wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:00 pm
Well, now spydergoat’s commentary has made me interested in it again.
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Same. :rofl
--Jeremy
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

After reading this thread, I watched it on BluRay disc early in the evening.

I didn't have a problem watching it, probably because I was forewarned. I was a little disappointed with the movie, but I want to watch it again sometime to see what I missed the first time.

It seemed like another Bruce Wayne movie, done up in a deluxe fashion. Although the Batman movies were entertaining, they seemed to suffer a lot of the same issues Oppenheimer did: needlessly long, convoluted, odd plots, and not satisfying.

Did love the one scene where he's discussing Marx with his wacko girlfriend and he explained their contentious point of "property" vs "ownership" as his having read Marx in the original German.

I also really liked the way they used Einstein, although that developed very slowly.

One thing I didn't like was the guy playing Oppenheimer. The real Oppenheimer looked like some space alien or time traveler. Mr Actor of the Year didn't really capture that for me. He seemed to be continuing his long, forgettable, career of playing pretty boys who are crazy.