St Nicks Goddard appearantly in stock again! [EDIT :Sold out...]

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

St Nicks Goddard appearantly in stock again! [EDIT :Sold out...]

Post by Wartstein »

EDIT: Man, they went quickly... sold out again already... :worried

See here (6 pieces as of right now) https://www.stnicksknives.com/products/ ... 5893520641
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mr_Whiskerz

Re: St Nicks Goddard appearantly in stock again! [EDIT :Sold out...]

Post by Mr_Whiskerz »

I wonder if St. Nick's (and others) often keep some back and dribble them out occasionally. I got a backup the last time they had some for sale, I think about 10 knives then.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Mr_Whiskerz wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:09 pm
I wonder if St. Nick's (and others) often keep some back and dribble them out occasionally. I got a backup the last time they had some for sale, I think about 10 knives then.

Yes, though it is great for those who can score one unexpectedly (really hope this time some of "us" here on the forum could) it is a bit weird (not in a negative sense) that suddenly like ten pieces are available again.

Can´t be just returns, right? I figure deadline for returns is long over?

/ Anyway: As much as I love the Manix 2 LW platform: If I had neither a Manix LW nor a Goddard, given the opportunity to get one of those in the St Nicks 4V version, I´d 100% go with the Goddard.
And at least for a short time they both actually were available at the same time.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

... and for those interested in that Goddard or also the St Nicks Manix:

At least it can´t hurt to click that "e mail me when available" button, despite those are exclusives and the site says "sold out" - it actually did so for quite some time, but still I did get notified yesterday that unexpectedly there were around ten pieces in stock again (not relevant for me personally, I have mine already :smlling-eyes (... though THIS is one of the few knives where I´d at least think about getting a backup. It is just so good)).
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Yes you are 💯% right. I’ve done this at other retailers also. You will be surprised how often a couple pop up a while later.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mr_Whiskerz wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:09 pm
Not sure if this is the case with the Goddard but I know with other Spyderco exclusives they held some stock to sell in their stores. I'm thinking that after awhile they release them for internet sales if they don't sell in tge store
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!