Chaves 229 Kickstop

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JSumm

Re: Chaves 229 Kickstop

Post by JSumm »

Nice! I'm telling you, the Tanto and the grind are something to behold. I don't even like tantos. πŸ˜‚
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JSumm wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:36 pm
Nice! I'm telling you, the Tanto and the grind are something to behold. I don't even like tantos. πŸ˜‚
1st class all the way brother......doesn't get much better at all.....just gorgeous 😍
🍻
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Now you can dual wield your Chaves knives πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘Š Enjoy!
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Paul Ardbeg wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:29 am
Now you can dual wield your Chaves knives πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘Š Enjoy!
That's right baby!! Double Trouble!! πŸ˜†
The grinds on these things are just stunning!
Thanks, Paul πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘Š
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Talk about beautiful grind lines....this must've been a Custom done by Ramone Chaves
This thing is Sick!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Couple more of my Drop Point
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Blade Centering is just Dead Nutz on..
This is the Tanto
The Drop Point
Love that they have Bohler M390 Blade Steel
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Yeah they look good man. I have been curious about them since I first handled them. Doesn't look the most ergonomic, but I thought that about CRK too. I sure do carry an Inkosi around a lot.

The clip would not be my first choice with the skull. But at this point it kinda goes with the knife and the designer, so I think I would even stick with the skull.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Jeff, they did an excellent job sharpening them as well - very nicely done and SHARP.
Gotta say my friend, I think you would love one
For everything else she's offers, it's pretty dang easy to get over the back corners being a tad hot
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

& lemme recommend EKnives....they have these for an excellent price and they are just really very nice people- they're located in Chattanooga, Tennessee if I'm not mistaken
& btw, that Skull is bad *** πŸ˜ƒ- I love it! When you see the Skull, ya just know it's a Chaves 😎
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:34 am

Yeah they look good man. I have been curious about them since I first handled them. Doesn't look the most ergonomic, but I thought that about CRK too. I sure do carry an Inkosi around a lot.

The clip would not be my first choice with the skull. But at this point it kinda goes with the knife and the designer, so I think I would even stick with the skull.

You get a second "plain" looking pocket clip with every knife to make it more friendly looking πŸ˜‰
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:52 am
Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:34 am

You get a second "plain" looking pocket clip with every knife to make it more friendly looking πŸ˜‰
Hehehe....thats right!, Paul - ya sure do
&mine will never see the light of day πŸ˜† 🀣 πŸ˜‚
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Yeah, I know they send one with it. But honestly, I think it uniquely just fits the design at this point. You see them enough and it just fits I guess.

MacLaren wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:45 am
& lemme recommend EKnives....they have these for an excellent price and they are just really very nice people- they're located in Chattanooga, Tennessee if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, they are just Northeast of Chattanooga. I was driving close enough back in September, and I was planning on going into their store. I ended up stopping at Knives Ship Free instead. Glad you had a good experience with them because I may try to stop by late next year.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:32 am
Yeah, I know they send one with it. But honestly, I think it uniquely just fits the design at this point. You see them enough and it just fits I guess.

MacLaren wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:45 am
& lemme recommend EKnives....they have these for an excellent price and they are just really very nice people- they're located in Chattanooga, Tennessee if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, they are just Northeast of Chattanooga. I was driving close enough back in September, and I was planning on going into their store. I ended up stopping at Knives Ship Free instead. Glad you had a good experience with them because I may try to stop by late next year.
Good deal Jeff!
Yeah man, I'm gonna get down there one day myself and see both KSF & EKnives
I'm pretty close to SMKW but, Chattanooga is a little bit of a drive...not very long by any means though..
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

SMKW is a mad house. :zany

That is cool you are up there close. I take a long weekend near the Smokys and do some hiking up there at least once a year.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Fharing45

Post by Fharing45 »

OK that's a wild grind on the tanto blade. I avoid tabs , and have no use for thumb studs, this leaves flippers out of my collection. But this kickstop has changed my game plan.
EK has the stone wash tanto for a great price, just signed up and got $25 off order with free shipping. Now this is a great introduction to another Rabbit Hole. Thanks guys :zany
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Fharing45 wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:48 am
OK that's a wild grind on the tanto blade. I avoid tabs , and have no use for thumb studs, this leaves flippers out of my collection. But this kickstop has changed my game plan.
EK has the stone wash tanto for a great price, just signed up and got $25 off order with free shipping. Now this is a great introduction to another Rabbit Hole. Thanks guys :zany
Your gonna love it. Smooth as silk and they do a fantastic job sharpening that Bohler M390 blade too.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Fharing45 wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:48 am
Did you receive yours yet?
My 229 Liberation came just this a.m.
It's not a flipper, she has thumb studs- same blade length- the Liberation may be s hair longer -
But, the chassy is slimmer and not hardly as long as the Rendencion-
But, I do love the Tanto on this Liberation- actually, I really love both. The Rendencion Tanto has more belly & I like that too, whereas, the Liberation is a more traditional Tanto, with a straight line as you'll see in the pics... hope you got yours and you like it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Full Disclosure Fellas *
As much as I LOVE that Chaves 229 Ultramar Rendencion Lee Williams Kickstop- I must tell yall that just a couple days ago, I noticed the blade wasn't hardly centered like it was when it came outt the box and the action was gritty - lo & behold, the Pivot Screw had came loose.
No worries though, your ole boy sprang (limped) into action by taking the 229 apart, cleaning, applying Nano Oil, & lastly some thread locker (blue loctite) & am very happy to say that she's actually even better than new now. The blade is dead nutz centered, action is super silky smooth and has a hydraulic like action when closing
Very nice.....very nice.... πŸ˜ƒ