Cerakoted my 15v Mule

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
barnaclesonaboat

Re: Cerakoted my 15v Mule

Post by barnaclesonaboat »

fanglekai wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:10 pm
barnaclesonaboat wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:10 pm
Looks great! I originally thought about doing this with my 15V, but it has been more corrosion resistant than I expected. Maybe because of that nice bead-blasted finish?

Regardless, seeing how good your black on black on black mule looks, and now I'm thinking about it again. I have a T15 and K294 that would probably be good candidates, as the satin-like finish on those models is rather coarse and I have noticed a little more spotting on those.

I like what you/your buddy did with the shaman, too! Looks super clean and streamlined.

I think the 15V is stonewashed. Bead blasting reduces corrosion resistance because it increases surface area, so there are more nooks and crannies for moisture to adhere to.
Oh, that makes sense - thanks for the detail and clearing that up. :respect
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

Emerson wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:39 pm
tcarltonw wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:08 am
Good **** sir! What cerakote color did he use? Had a Rex76 done in armor black and a ZDP-189 second done in sig grey. Just finished sharpening a T-15, working on a K294, then a 15V before dropping them off for cerakote.
LR Black
"Cerakote’s® unique inorganic LR Black is a low-reflective light-absorbing black coating, designed to absorb visible light spectrum wavelengths."
Awesome, thanks for sharing!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Emerson wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:03 pm
Bolster wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:31 am
Can somebody give a ballpark idea of cost for cerakoting a mule?
So my Mule, Shaman blade, Ti scales, and the shaman clip/screws/interior plates were $75 all together. That's full price with no buddy hook up. So I don't think just a Mule would cost more than $30. It will most likely hurt collector/resell value but I don't care as I plan on using mine regularly.
that's good o know, my friend and I are getting played :squinting-tongue
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds