Lil’ temperance in k390

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
notaninsect

Lil’ temperance in k390

Post by notaninsect »

I picked up a Lil’ Temperance 3 LW with K390 during the Black Friday sales. It’s a great knife in this configuration. I really like the handle shape and feel. Blade is utilitarian with thick stock. Spydie flicks are quick. Closing by compressing the lock is easy enough but requires more concentration than my other compression lock folders. I recommend this model.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Lil’ temperance in k390

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I instantly liked it but after try out in hand at a show knife cramped my hand , so have passed the model . Excellent design , MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Man, there were some great deals on this knife. I have the VG10 version and love how it feels in hand. I was tempted to get this one, but ultimately decided against it. I don't find myself with cutting tasks that my current version can't handle. Still, what a great knife. Holding is believing.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I only hear good things about this one in hand. I would love to get the opportunity to hold it.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
benben

Post by benben »

Hopefully *thinking* that either my wife or daughter got me this one for Christmas? My hint bombs were surely loud enough!

Blade HQ had them for $165.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

notaninsect wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:59 pm
I picked up a Lil’ Temperance 3 LW with K390 during the Black Friday sales. It’s a great knife in this configuration. I really like the handle shape and feel. Blade is utilitarian with thick stock. Spydie flicks are quick. Closing by compressing the lock is easy enough but requires more concentration than my other compression lock folders. I recommend this model.
Thickness behind the edge ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

I bought the PE in VG-10. I like the handle shape and the blade is spectacular.

This design would pair well with contoured G10 like on the Shaman or aluminum scales with AWT's Archon texture. Does anyone make aftermarket scales?

The lockbar is more stiff. The blade isn't drop-shutty. I can close it one handed, though. Pressing the lockbar all the way over frees the blade to swing a bit with a strong wrist flick.

I wish the Rockjumper scales had a thumb ramp like on the Lil' Temperance. It wouldn't match up with the design intent behind the RJ but it would've looked better and possibly sold better. Something about that part of the RJ handle just looks "off" to my eyes.
- Richard
jdw

Post by jdw »

I haven’t seen one in person but it appears to be about the same size as a Manix minus the choil. Is this true? Thanks!
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

jdw wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:36 am
I haven’t seen one in person but it appears to be about the same size as a Manix minus the choil. Is this true? Thanks!
There may be or comparison shots in Photo Gallery . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

jdw wrote:

When comparing actual cutting edges, the Lil Temp is almost identical to the Manix. The handles are quite different. While shorter, I find the Lil Temp to be extremely comfortable. I don't have XL hands though.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

jdw wrote:
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
elena86

Post by elena86 »

p_atrick wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:36 am
Man, there were some great deals on this knife. I have the VG10 version and love how it feels in hand. I was tempted to get this one, but ultimately decided against it. I don't find myself with cutting tasks that my current version can't handle. Still, what a great knife. Holding is believing.
How thick is bte ? It’s important for me. I need to decide between the SE and the PE.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

elena86 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:56 am
How thick is bte ? It’s important for me. I need to decide between the SE and the PE.

Unfortunately, I don't have it near me. I keep that knife in Texas when I go and visit for several weeks around the holidays. I won't be able to get you anything in a timely manner.
notaninsect

Post by notaninsect »

Here is a rough size comparison…
Attachments
IMG_0426.jpeg
IMG_0426.jpeg (36.57 KiB) Viewed 5294 times
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Notaninsect,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

I want to thank Sal for bringing this one out. It’s starting to be available near me and eventough i am not the biggest Fan of frn knives but with this color steel combo i am definitely buying one of these once i have the funds for it. I have the Original and i really adore it. But classics like that one i can just can not use to its full potential just because i cant replace it. But a new one like this really is a great knife for me to use at work along with my lightweight Manix 2’s.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

wrdwrght wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:41 am
jdw wrote:
Wow, this picture says a lot ! I knew the Lil'Temperance 3 packed a punch, but this one packs a K390 punch !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
notaninsect

Post by notaninsect »

sal wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:35 pm
Hi Notaninsect,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks for the welcome, and making good knives. I have 10 I like and each one in a different steel!

Dave
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:49 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:41 am
jdw wrote:
Wow, this picture says a lot !
Yeah, it sorta makes its own argument for “handle-forward” designs, not that there is anything wrong with choils.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”