Swords!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vivi

Re: Swords!

Post by vivi »

How's that swamp rat holding up? I kind of want one for clearing trails, just hard to justify the price.

I'm using a 19" kopi machete today for that role:

It's a nice size, secure handle, powerful chopping shape - but the soft basic carbon steel has very poor edge stability....generally needs touched up after every real outing. Far cry from my S7 scrap yard chopper.

I also have their cutlass saber machete that's even more of a sword, but that one is a little blade heavy feeling for actual machete work. Still fun to mess around with.
:unicorn
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

When I was in college I had a really nice 16th century hand and a half sword that I picked up from Museum Replicas. That was a long time ago but it was really good quality and very capable as a user, if a bit impractical for the modern world. That was a hefty purchase for a poor college student but totally worth it. 🤣

It was very popular for cutting birthday cake.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

vivi wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:16 am
How's that swamp rat holding up? I kind of want one for clearing trails, just hard to justify the price.

I'm using a 19" kopi machete today for that role:

It's a nice size, secure handle, powerful chopping shape - but the soft basic carbon steel has very poor edge stability....generally needs touched up after every real outing. Far cry from my S7 scrap yard chopper.

I also have their cutlass saber machete that's even more of a sword, but that one is a little blade heavy feeling for actual machete work. Still fun to mess around with.
Hey Vivi
I sold that thing weeks ago 😆
I really liked it, but really wish I could've gotten both hands on it. I mean you could - but not really if that makes sense. What's funny, is they just came out with another, that IS a 2 handed grip. And 2.25" more blade. But, I'm not gonna mess with getting another. Just too expensive to be quite honest.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Not many places I can brag about my only sword. So here it is. I’m proud to say at 40 I beat many younger competitors to earn this. Image
MRj “Weak things break!”
2002WRX

Post by 2002WRX »

Just finished cleaning my Filipino Kampilan.

Normal is a setting on the dryer.