Spyderco Black Friday Map Holiday Sales 2023!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
paulgvb

Re: Spyderco Black Friday Map Holiday Sales 2023!

Post by paulgvb »

Understood. Thanks you.
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

Stonemanaz wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:50 am
https://www.chicagoknifeworks.com/spyderco-zoomer-5-25/
2 left. Signup5 gets you 5% off.

Ordered.

Appreciate the help, stonemanaz.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

SMKW originally had some more for pre-order, when the listings first went up, shortly after the last Reveal. They've been slowly changing to out of stock. Either they've been pre-selling their quota or they changed their mind. I think Reveal14 was the first time they've done pre-orders for Spydies. We'll see how it goes.

To me, pre-orders are good for locking in a price. The rest is just an agonizing wait.
•• Beau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

SMKW advertising Bronze Delica 4 scales fo $29.99
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Erich

Post by Erich »

I did not buy a single Spyderco on BF.
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

I ended up getting a SE Endura wharnnie for $76 from knives so free. The last few weeks for me have been very expensive with knives so I had to watch a lot of the BF sales just go by. But for that price I went ahead and grabbed one of those. I’ve been wanting to get a SE semi large wharncliffe knife. The only full SE I have ever owned is my matriarch and that’s not a user knife so I’ve never got to experience a fully SE blade. And I know wharnnies are already very powerful slicers so I’m excited to try it out. Plus it’s going to be a project knife for me. I’m going to grind a lot of that big hump bank of and reprofile the spine to a more “normal” wharncliffe shape. I’m also going to put a nice set of canvas micarta scales on it and maybe acid etch the blade/lock bar.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
vivi

Post by vivi »

Erich wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:24 pm
Same, surprisingly.

I decided to hold out for the chief salt instead of getting the lw.

Figured the Military 2 is standard production so I'll grab one after christmas.

Had the SE K390 Police in my cart but decided there are reasons I've moved away from SE.

Almost tried a $50 rockjumper but knew even if the handle managed to fit me I wouldn't carry it much compared to larger models.

Surprised myself. Figured I'd buy a few. But I'm holding out for the knives in my sig and eventually I'll snag a Military 2 of some sort.

As I was scrolling through the sales I realized I've got all the Spydercos I want that have released save for the M2. No sense in buying something just to buy it.

I did score nice on the secondary market. Like new sharpmaker + UF rods for just under $50 shipped. Also got a recon 1 out for delivery today that I got a nice deal on.

Rest of the year will be focusing on buying others presents.
:unicorn
Erich

Post by Erich »

vivi wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:17 am
Erich wrote:
As I was scrolling through the sales I realized I've got all the Spydercos I want that have released save for the M2. No sense in buying something just to buy it.

That is pretty much how I felt. Last BF I bought 15 because everything was 50% off and up to then I only owned 1 military because of the MAP. I feel like I am set for the rest of my life.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

vivi wrote:
Erich wrote:
Same, surprisingly.

I decided to hold out for the chief salt instead of getting the lw.

Figured the Military 2 is standard production so I'll grab one after christmas.

Had the SE K390 Police in my cart but decided there are reasons I've moved away from SE.

Almost tried a $50 rockjumper but knew even if the handle managed to fit me I wouldn't carry it much compared to larger models.

Surprised myself. Figured I'd buy a few. But I'm holding out for the knives in my sig and eventually I'll snag a Military 2 of some sort.

I did score nice on the secondary market. Like new sharpmaker + UF rods for just under $50 shipped. Also got a recon 1 out for delivery today that I got a nice deal on.

Oddly , I didn’t buy knife that was listed as a BF sale model but did score a knife at a huge savings . My main interests have not dropped yet so it was all good . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Just a set of scales for me. There were certainly some very tempting offers. Glad this isn't 5 years ago, I would have spent $2,000 haha!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

vivi wrote:
Erich wrote:

This was basically me too. I'm so far past the point of trying different models that even the great deals weren't enough of a pull for me. Still had to catch myself from getting caught up in ordering a great deal (E4 M4, Silverax, GB2, among others). But really proud of myself for evaluating each knife on offer to see if it was significantly different from what's in my current collection, and if is, does it have any features that are known issues of mine.

I know I wanted a M2, but didn't want the base one. When SMKW offered the M2 CruCarta (perhaps inadvertently), I jumped on that preorder. I can wait. But when it comes in, expect I'll be set on M2 for awhile. I've already got tons of M1s that I love. Can't predict the future, but I don't think the M2 will replace M1 for me.

I also grabbed a Recon 1 Clip Point for a great price (black on black, not the OD green like I think you got Vivi). Really nice knife that I enjoy. Backlocks continue to be an overall favorite. While this won't get even close to replacing my Spyder backlocks, it is a nice different expression. And fits my hand great and looks sweet. Definitely different from most of my collection.

I hope all found what they were looking for, and kept it reasonable. All in moderation! There will be more sales in the future!
MNOSD member 0030
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Same.

Last year I overdid it between the online seconds sale and the Black Friday deals. This year, I’m spending less on knives and need to hold out for the truly special models. The M2 is a good example - I probably only need one, so I’ll wait for the Crucarta.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Same here, nothing new except a set of scales.

I stocked-up during the previous MAP holidays so it's all good.

Keen on the new Crucarta models though...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Road Tripper

Post by Road Tripper »

I didn't pick anything up either. The only thing on my 'maybe' list is the Crucarta Manix.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spyderco just announced another online seconds sale starting on December 1st.

“Red and Black Holiday Sale”
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0P2xRftCrh ... M5NmIwOQ==
-Nick :bug-red
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:10 pm

At 09:00 MST

It's too soon! I bought too much during the MAP sale! Uhg!
•• Beau
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:39 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:10 pm

At 09:00 MST

It's too soon! I bought too much during the MAP sale! Uhg!
Tell me about it!! I’m freaking broke from all the knives I’ve bought the last few weeks. And such short notice so I can’t even really prepare for it by saving up a bit. 😞
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

I need a Spyderco credit card. 😂
MRj “Weak things break!”
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I spent too much at the real seconds sale to get excited about this online version but I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t pique my interest just a little. I most likely won’t be buying anything from this online version but I almost feel obligated to check it out. We’ll see… I have bad impulse control, so who knows! :grin-squint
-Nick :bug-red
Guts

Post by Guts »

Hopefully that dedicated website provides a smoother checkout process lol. Not sure if I'll be picking anything up this time barring something interesting I don't own. Already spent too much on black friday on gifts and such :grin-sweat .
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red