Forward to the past: Fallout preps are a thing again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
shunsui

Re: Forward to the past: Fallout preps are a thing again

Post by shunsui »

I think nuclear war is mostly a thing of the past. You might see San Diego and Hawaii go up to take out the Pacific Fleet, but generally small nukes will be reserved for military targets.

The reason is modern warfare is offensive computer warfare. Why destroy the West Coast when you can shut off the power for several years ? No grid, no cellular, no broadcasts. Turn off ALL the pumps too.

Eventually, instead of packs of mutants roaming the world, you'll be back in business again with a Marxist America (a subsidiary of the PRC).

https://www.amazon.com/This-They-Tell-W ... 1635576059
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

shunsui wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:46 pm
I think nuclear war is mostly a thing of the past. You might see San Diego and Hawaii go up to take out the Pacific Fleet, but generally small nukes will be reserved for military targets.

The reason is modern warfare is offensive computer warfare. Why destroy the West Coast when you can shut off the power for several years ? No grid, no cellular, no broadcasts. Turn off ALL the pumps too.

Eventually, instead of packs of mutants roaming the world, you'll be back in business again with a Marxist America (a subsidiary of the PRC).

https://www.amazon.com/This-They-Tell-W ... 1635576059

That's basically what Neutron Warheads are for, backed up with BIO and Chemical Weapons.

Wipe out most of the population while leaving the buildings, infrastructure intact. That way once the other country is ready to occupy they won't have a lot to deal with and won't have to rebuild. Generally they would wait like 4 or 5 years then move in.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

You could do that, but...
You don't want to wipe out the population. You want them to keep buying your stuff. Got antibiotics ?
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

shunsui wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:00 pm
You could do that, but...
You don't want to wipe out the population. You want them to keep buying your stuff. Got antibiotics ?

Why would you want to keep the population?

You would just import your own people. ;)

That was one of the ideologies from the cold war days.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

China has all the space and all the vacant apartments to take care of their people. What they need is cash flow. That's you and me.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Ankerson wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:34 pm
Naperville wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:25 pm
I am in agreement with Ankerson as far as surviving a nuclear war where more than 30 nuclear weapons are fired off, and these fools have thousands.

But you can prep for survival for almost everything right up to the point of nuclear annihilation. Hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, short duration in Summer or Winter where you do not have natural gas or electricity due to terrorism or solar EMP, bioterrorism up to a point for some agents, being jumped in an alley....you can prepare for these things and you are likely to survive them.

Survivalist Boards is recommended for these discussions. I've been on it for years. Get on over there and ask your questions. There are EMTs, fireman, policemen, doctors, crypto investors, ....and even a few guys that know all about nukes.

Yes, unfortunately reality is much different than the prepper/survivalist ultimate dream come true. ;)

Outside of a Nuclear/B/C War, Super Volcanos and Comet Strikes pretty much anything else is for the most part survivable.

E.L.E. is a real thing.

https://www.thoughtco.com/extinction-le ... 0organisms.
Mr Ankerson, that article left off one disaster that we are overlooking.

I don't quite know what to call it but it involves the uber rich and powerful. I am talking about the WEF and people with billions of dollars in assets that are changing policies and governments worldwide.

Gates is pushing more than 50 countries to digital IDs and money, buying up US farmland, planning on cutting down (??? I am not sure just tossing a number out there for now) tens of thousands of acres of jungle to replace them with machines that trap CO2, and plans to feed everyone but himself on cricket shakes.

The lunatic heading the WEF is a real nuisance and wants to control the world. He thinks he's a Bond Villain and I think he's a total wackjob. "You vill own nutting und be happy...."

And there are more, dozens more, and they endanger life on the planet more than a hurricane or 10.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

They are discussing similar material on Survivalist Boards right now.

There are a lot of opinions over on the other site, but if the top 100 cities get targeted in the USA, China and Russia, around 1 billion people will be gone. But we are talking about 1000's of ICBMs for the USA and Russia. If 50% of the ICBMs hit their intended target you are still talking about 1000 nukes targeting all manner of dams, ship/dock yards, military bases, state capitals, and larger cities.

I'm not sure that anyone in the Northern Hemisphere will survive the radiation that is released, carried aloft and spread across the globe by the jet stream within the first week.

I have a high desire to live if I am not an invalid. What will life be like?

https://www.survivalistboards.com/threa ... ca.997711/
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I think the PRC’s problem is not turning the West into China, but stopping China turning into the West, as a consequence of their increasing wealth & education.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Naperville wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:41 am
They are discussing similar material on Survivalist Boards right now.

There are a lot of opinions over on the other site, but if the top 100 cities get targeted in the USA, China and Russia, around 1 billion people will be gone. But we are talking about 1000's of ICBMs for the USA and Russia. If 50% of the ICBMs hit their intended target you are still talking about 1000 nukes targeting all manner of dams, ship/dock yards, military bases, state capitals, and larger cities.

I'm not sure that anyone in the Northern Hemisphere will survive the radiation that is released, carried aloft and spread across the globe by the jet stream within the first week.

I have a high desire to live if I am not an invalid. What will life be like?

https://www.survivalistboards.com/threa ... ca.997711/

I looked at that thread and skimmed some of the comments.

They were pretty much what I expected them to be on a forum like that.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Naperville wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:56 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:34 pm
Naperville wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:25 pm
I am in agreement with Ankerson as far as surviving a nuclear war where more than 30 nuclear weapons are fired off, and these fools have thousands.

But you can prep for survival for almost everything right up to the point of nuclear annihilation. Hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, short duration in Summer or Winter where you do not have natural gas or electricity due to terrorism or solar EMP, bioterrorism up to a point for some agents, being jumped in an alley....you can prepare for these things and you are likely to survive them.

Survivalist Boards is recommended for these discussions. I've been on it for years. Get on over there and ask your questions. There are EMTs, fireman, policemen, doctors, crypto investors, ....and even a few guys that know all about nukes.

Yes, unfortunately reality is much different than the prepper/survivalist ultimate dream come true. ;)

Outside of a Nuclear/B/C War, Super Volcanos and Comet Strikes pretty much anything else is for the most part survivable.

E.L.E. is a real thing.

https://www.thoughtco.com/extinction-le ... 0organisms.
Mr Ankerson, that article left off one disaster that we are overlooking.

I don't quite know what to call it but it involves the uber rich and powerful. I am talking about the WEF and people with billions of dollars in assets that are changing policies and governments worldwide.

Gates is pushing more than 50 countries to digital IDs and money, buying up US farmland, planning on cutting down (??? I am not sure just tossing a number out there for now) tens of thousands of acres of jungle to replace them with machines that trap CO2, and plans to feed everyone but himself on cricket shakes.

The lunatic heading the WEF is a real nuisance and wants to control the world. He thinks he's a Bond Villain and I think he's a total wackjob. "You vill own nutting und be happy...."

And there are more, dozens more, and they endanger life on the planet more than a hurricane or 10.

The WEF has been around since the 1970's, yes they are really a massive problem and outlines for the most part what is wrong with the CORP World all in a nutshell.
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

Umm I think I read way too much of this thread. I live way too close to JBLM so I’ll just want time to chug a few shots of tequila and then watch the brilliant fireball come my way. Long live the conspiracy nuts we need you all to make life entertaining. I think there might be a good sci-fi book started somewhere in here. My prep for WW3 is premade margaritas and tequila jelly shots in the refrigerator.

Maybe the better question is what’s more likely WW3 or a second civil war?

P.S. - why bio-engineer a virus when you can manufacture the precursor components of a drug, sell it to our neighbors, who then turn it into fentanyl and sell it to us? Much more profitable if you ask me. Ah **** it I’ve gone down the rabbit hole. Well it’s 5 o’clock somewhere cheers.
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use AEB-L and K294
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I like the pre-made idea. You don't want to waste time mixing at that point.
Scandi Grind

Post by Scandi Grind »

I believe what the Bible says about the end of the world, which includes that a third of all living things will at some point be killed. This could very well be brought about by nuclear warfare as far as I can tell, but the fact of the matter is I don't have the resources to prepare much, in addition to the fact that just reading this thread shows you how difficult it is to even know how you should be preparing. That doesn't mean that I don't think about, or that I don't come to terms with the reality of possibly excruciating circumstances, emotional and physical, but my response to all of this is different than most people I know because of my faith in a God who loves me. My preparation is to encourage people to know and trust God, it is the only peace I know and the only confidence I have. It is the only confidence that I believe can be had. But Faith is a whole other can of worms, isn't it. ;)
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man."

-- Old Norse proverb
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

^ As the song (and the chaplain) said: "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition."
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
nuclear bomb

Post by nuclear bomb »

I would like to ask if anyone knows what products can be purchased that can purify nuclear-contaminated water without electricity, because I want to take it outdoors during a nuclear war. And World War III. It's troublesome to always have to go out to get water. Does anyone know?
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear nuclear bomb:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

nuclear bomb wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:49 am
I would like to ask if anyone knows what products can be purchased that can purify nuclear-contaminated water without electricity, because I want to take it outdoors during a nuclear war. And World War III. It's troublesome to always have to go out to get water. Does anyone know?
There are several scientists and engineers on Survivalist Boards and that is where you should be asking this question.

But yes, there are filtration systems that will filter out nuclear material in water. You can Google this.