NCAA men's basketball 2023-24

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
legOFwhat?

Re: NCAA men's basketball 2023-24

Post by legOFwhat? »

I suppose I'll be rooting for Purdue tonight as I watch Dodgers/Twins 😏
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well fellas, they wasnt no one gonna touch UConn this year. They just destroyed everyone they played in the Tourney
For a good while there in the first half I thought Purdue had a chance to win it all. But, they couldn't ever get anything out of their backcourt- it's a shame too. That Edey is something else
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This UConn team reminds me of the '09 Carolina team. They won every game by more than 10 points as well.
Dan Hurley is doin a great job.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:10 am
Well fellas, they wasnt no one gonna touch UConn this year. They just destroyed everyone they played in the Tourney
For a good while there in the first half I thought Purdue had a chance to win it all. But, they couldn't ever get anything out of their backcourt- it's a shame too. That Edey is something else
Purdue this year was their weak spot and key to beating them if you. Wanted to roll,the dice and let Edey get his usual points and rebounds . If backcourt stepped up and got hot they were awesome if not they struggled . The Big Ten losses was actually how they lost last night when Illini played Purdue they were firing on all cylinders Purdue could be brutal. I got to hand it to UConn , smallest point difference in tournament was 13 points or more . Just think Hurley could be back with a threepeat! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:30 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:10 am
Purdue this year was their weak spot and key to beating them if you. Wanted to roll,the dice and let Edey get his usual points and rebounds . If backcourt stepped up and got hot they were awesome if not they struggled . The Big Ten losses was actually how they lost last night when Illini played Purdue they were firing on all cylinders Purdue could be brutal. I got to hand it to UConn , smallest point difference in tournament was 13 points or more . Just think Hurley could be back with a threepeat! Dan
Oh man! My '09 Heels smallest margin was 12!
Yeah, UConn could very well have a 3-peat
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

A little off track but, I'm really hoping Carolina goes back to the old style uniforms next year-
They wore the retros quite a lot this season..
Saw this today on Facebook and man did it bring back memories- they had only 4 players on the cover with Dean Smith, the other a Freshman was Michael Jordan. They won it all that year.
Man, James Worthy & Sam Perkins were incredible too... good memories for sure
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:25 pm
A little off track but, I'm really hoping Carolina goes back to the old style uniforms next year-
Saw this today on Facebook and man did it bring back memories- they had only 4 players on the cover with Dean Smith, the other a Freshman was Michael Jordan. They won it all that year.
Just read Trimble is jumping to Portal . KU won’t match Arkansas offer for Cal to stay .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Always dig the retro/throwback uni's, Paul! I still have an old denim UK jersey that Jeff Sheppard autographed for me. One of my favorites.... and some of the matching denim wild turkey bottles go for thousands to collectors.

Don't want to see the old Michigan super baggy shorts again tho 😱
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:08 pm
Always dig the retro/throwback uni's, Paul! I still have an old denim UK jersey that Jeff Sheppard autographed for me. One of my favorites.... and some of the matching denim wild turkey bottles go for thousands to collectors.

Don't want to see the old Michigan super baggy shorts again tho 😱
Oh man, that is awesome Larry!
And, I agree - I hated those long shorts!
I'm serious.....I liked it when mens shorts were above the knee just blow the thigh -.I detested those long baggy shorts 😆
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:03 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:25 pm
Just read Trimble is jumping to Portal . KU won’t match Arkansas offer for Cal to stay .
Yeah, we heard rumors this morning that Seth was leaving. I have a niece that goes to Carolina - she told us about it this morning.
Hate like heck to lose him
Scratch that Stackouse Kentucky comment lol!
Ya can't believe anything on Facebook lol
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I just wonder though, if Jay Wright might consider coming out of retirement for Kentucky?
I doubt it but, if I were the UK AD, I'd be calling him to see
What say you, Larry? Any news about whom Kentucky may be after?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Oh I gotta say fellas, that I REALLY like Dan Hurley!
Before today, I didn't really know anything about Dan Hurley other than he was the brother of Bobby Hurley and that he coaches UConn.
And I've been wondering what he was doing to get such results he's getting in this day and age of college basketball.
And when I heard today that he is really hard on his players, having very tough practices and calling them out, I couldn't believe it!
And I also became an instant fan.
Reminds me of Roy Williams- Roy would run those boys to death but his teams were always in tremendous shape and could run forever it seemed.
In sports being in shape and I mean really being in shape is just paramount- and that really shows with UConn.
When it's late in the 2nd half those hard practices really pay off.
Count me a huge Dan Hurley fan!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:12 pm
I just wonder though, if Jay Wright might consider coming out of retirement for Kentucky?
USA Today. had an article of possible KU coach picks ones I remember of top picks were head coach of Baylor , Gonzaga , and Illinois . I read another yesterday floating Billie Donovan of the CHICAGO BULLS ! KU will work it out and I’m sure it will,be a coach with a pedigree and for the long haul . I respect Hurley and his system , wish more coaches were like that in conditioning and who is in charge . Too many players now are becoming divas , Illinois has had there share already with Anthony and Clark . Both are like little butterflies going from one college to another when they don’t get their way .
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

That's right Dan, I also heard Billy Donovans name mentioned as well.
I hope you don't lose Brad Underwood because he's a real possibility.
And thanks for the 411!
I had no idea who was being considered.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:12 pm
Hearing a lot of Baylor's coach but I still want Alabama's coach or Mark Few from the Zags. I'm with you in thinking these kids need some tough love and the pandering has to stop. Doesn't make them a better player or just being a better man.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hey, did you guys know this?
Bill Murray's son Luke is an assistant at UConn?
I had no idea. But, I love it!
Bill has been really blessed. 😎
Love me some Bill Murray too!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Rumor mill is saying that the jet owned by Joe Craft has landed in Waco TX....

I'm guessing that Scott Drew will be our new coach. Hope he's better than the coach we pulled from Texas before Cal...Billy Gillespie

Drew has done an outstanding job at Baylor and hopefully that will continue at UK. He's beat us the last 2 times we've played him...I think.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Tre White forward from Louisville is heading to Illinois . No big man news yet but Lanhorn a sophomore guard is staying along with Harris . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 am

I'm guessing that Scott Drew will be our new coach. Hope he's better than the coach we pulled from Texas before Cal...Billy Gillespie

Drew has done an outstanding job at Baylor and hopefully that will continue at UK. He's beat us the last 2 times we've played him...I think.
I think Scott Drew would be a great fit for UK . Players already there would probably be receptive and,definitely would expand recruiting future put at ease ones that are committed . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:02 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 am

I think Scott Drew would be a great fit for UK . Players already there would probably be receptive and,definitely would expand recruiting future put at ease ones that are committed . Dan
Drew's staying in Waco, so the search continues....

I can see us hiring a get-me-over coach, honestly.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049