NCAA men's basketball 2023-24

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
legOFwhat?

Re: NCAA men's basketball 2023-24

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:51 pm
Carolina played the best basketball tonight, that I've saw them play since year before last
They really lit it up in the 1st half vs Tennessee
And went on to win 100-92
.....now I find myself watching Duke play Arkansas at Arkansas!
This SEC vs ACC is fascinating....I love it!
I love it too brother! UK beat the brakes of Miami Tuesday night and it was the 1st time, since the covid year, I felt we were any good. Duke and TN lose in one night is a good night! :squinting-tongue
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Illini are going to start Big Ten play Saturday at Rutgers. I still have a lot of doubts with their abilities to play blue chip teams which will,be soon . I like the defense and transition but offense can be one dimensional. We don’t have what I would say a real three point threat to spread the court . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:59 am
MacLaren wrote:
Carolina played the best basketball tonight, that I've saw them play since year before last
I love it too brother! UK beat the brakes of Miami Tuesday night and it was the 1st time, since the covid year, I felt we were any good. Duke and TN lose in one night is a good night! :squinting-tongue
Oh yeah, Larry! I really like that Sheppard kid!
Those Cats were hummin on all cylinders!
Those Hawgs best Dook! I told my wife last night when the game started I thought Arkansas would win.....just had a feelin 😎
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:33 am
Illini are going to start Big Ten play Saturday at Rutgers. I still have a lot of doubts with their abilities to play blue chip teams which will,be soon . I like the defense and transition but offense can be one dimensional. We don’t have what I would say a real three point threat to spread the court . Dan
I hear ya Dan. I have the same feelings with Carolina. Although, last night showed me they can play with anyone.
I just feel that there's really no telling what will happen now a days with college basketball.
It's just so vastly different than it used to be. Imo.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:13 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:33 am
I hear ya Dan. I have the same feelings with Carolina. Although, last night showed me they can play with anyone.
I just feel that there's really no telling what will happen now a days with college basketball.
It's just so vastly different than it used to be. Imo.
I agree , the portal system is not my cup of tea. One already sees how schools are getting burned by players getting big money them poor performance and leaving at end of year . It nothing but a quasi pro system instead of an opportunity to get an education or if good enough to go pro . Team loyalty out the window , all about me , and teams scrambling every year in constant flux trying to build a program . Ok I’m off the soap box ! :squinting-tongue
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'll just say this.....I've probably said it before. It's ridiculous to require them to play 1 season before they can declare for the N.B.A.
I know it's all about money but, at what cost?
I feel the N.F.L. is are really gonna do damage as well by pimpin out these playoff games....a Thursday night regular season game is one thing but a playoff game is totally different
Too greedy.......too greedy
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:11 am
legOFwhat? wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Those Hawgs best Dook! I told my wife last night when the game started I thought Arkansas would win.....just had a feelin 😎
Since he played in the same county school (rival tho) I got to see him play quite a bit. My youngest daughter cheered against him :zany My wife graduated with his mom and I've talked with his dad and did a charity gig with him back in the early 2000's. Nice folks!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:51 am
MacLaren wrote:
legOFwhat? wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Since he played in the same county school (rival tho) I got to see him play quite a bit. My youngest daughter cheered against him :zany My wife graduated with his mom and I've talked with his dad and did a charity gig with him back in the early 2000's. Nice folks!
Wow! That's so cool, Larry!
So dang much more fun actually knowing someone on the team too, I would imagine.
That's awesome Larry
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
legOFwhat? wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
That is awesome Larry ! My wife’s best friend went to high school with Emmett Smith . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:33 am
I'll just say this.....I've probably said it before. It's ridiculous to require them to play 1 season before they can declare for the N.B.A.
I know it's all about money but, at what cost?
I feel the N.F.L. is are really gonna do damage as well by pimpin out these playoff games....a Thursday night regular season game is one thing but a playoff game is totally different
Too greedy.......too greedy
I agree and think about it , very few declaring out of high school make a huge impact . The ones that did definitely deserved to go straight into pros . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:43 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
legOFwhat? wrote:

That is awesome Larry ! My wife’s best friend went to high school with Emmett Smith . Dan
Dude Emmett was the man!
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

How about Washington last night?
That was truly impressive!
It's so hard to beat a good team twice in the same season but, Washington did it!
Gotta say, I hope Washington wins it all!
*my bad fellas, meant to put this is the ncaa football thread*
Last edited by MacLaren on Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Next weekend Illini plays Tennessee ! Looking forward to this game .
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:34 pm
Next weekend Illini plays Tennessee ! Looking forward to this game .
Yeah, Tennessee is a VERY good team bro....
This game should be a great measuring stick for your Fighting Illini Dan
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

UK getting thumped by UNCW (who can't miss). We've played awful so far....hopefully we can right the ship!

Already big upsets today hopefully not one in Rupp😬
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:56 pm
UK getting thumped by UNCW (who can't miss). We've played awful so far....hopefully we can right the ship!

Northwestern beat Purdue in OT ! Big Ten is going to be a war as usual.
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:09 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:

Purdue looked like the best team in the country too! Gonna be a fun season!
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:27 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
legOFwhat? wrote:

76-58 win a against Rutgers in their house . First Big Ten game and will not play conference games again till January 2nd .
Henry David Thoreau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:25 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:27 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
legOFwhat? wrote:

76-58 win a against Rutgers in their house . First Big Ten game and will not play conference games again till January 2nd .
I think it's about the same for the SEC. UK got beat down by UNC-Willmington and will probably lose to another NC team in two weeks👀
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I just hope we start to hel better , too many turnovers despite building big lead first half . Hawkins came back from injury and was a little rusty , but played as a sixth man . Non conference games coming up will be more competitive than last games so excited to see how they respond. Wisconsin upset Marquette !
Henry David Thoreau