Reveal 14 is on FIRE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spyderwebs

Reveal 14 is on FIRE

Post by Spyderwebs »

Wow. Reveal 14 is on FIRE Spyderco! Tons of legendary models I and many others are stoked to see.

Personal favorites include Manix Salt, Native Chief Salt, PM2 Salt, Crucarta everything, Charpall LW, and an limit pushing ceramic mule. The new models are very nice as well.

Great to see the Golden line shine.

Keep these in permanent rotation for a while please! My wallet preemptively hates you.

Cheers to you. Excellent job with reveal 14
Manifestgtr

Re: Reveal 14 is on FIRE

Post by Manifestgtr »

Agreed…for my personal tastes, this is the most stacked “reveal” I’ve seen since I’ve been a spyderco nerd.

Almost too many models/variants to mention…from salt to crucarta and the sage 5 lw. It’s unreal…
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Yeah I'm going to have a hard time not buying 2 or three models. They definitely knocked this one outa the park!
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

It's almost like they've been listening to us! And no one has mentioned the Lil' Native LW lockback.
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Where are the videos from BladeShow with Spyderco? There was only a short one with DLT
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
vivi

Post by vivi »

Easily the best reveal they've done yet. Normally I see one or two things I might get, sometimes no 100% for sure buys. This one it felt like nearly half the offerings were going on my list, with multiple day 1 purchases.
:unicorn
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

My interest in Spyderco has been subdued the past few years, just not feeling many new models and content with what I already have. Saw a random repost on X about the reveal and went to look and was blown away. It's like they made one just for me.

I cannot believe the Para 3 Salt, Manix 2 Salt, Stretch 2 XL Salt, and Native Chief Salt all dropped in the same reveal. With Magnacut and H-2. Takes me right back to feeling of the late 2000s/early 2010s when it seemed like every few months there was something interesting and exciting being released.
SpyderVol

Post by SpyderVol »

Just when I had decided I was done......shoulda known better.
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

SpyderVol wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:03 pm
Just when I had decided I was done......shoulda known better.

Just when you think you’re out, they pull you right back in!
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

I thought it was one of most uninteresting reveals I’ve seen from spyderco. 90% of it was expanding the plastic handles and hyped steel-nerd steels to now the golden line. Doesn’t light my fire.
:bug-red-white
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I could easily see my way to 6+ knives in this reveal. Then my mind snaps back to reality and I am still looking at 6, hahaha ..... I don't know what I am going to do. Just keep making knives and I'll pickup what I can afford or sneak!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
TimButterfield

Post by TimButterfield »

You can just hope they space the drops far enough apart to give a chance at recovery between them. At least, that's what I'm hoping for with the prior reveal's Stretch Nishijin and this reveal's Para 3 LW Salt, Bodacious, probably a Millie 2, and maybe some others once I finish researching them.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Tristan_david2001 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:29 pm
I thought it was one of most uninteresting reveals I’ve seen from spyderco. 90% of it was expanding the plastic handles and hyped steel-nerd steels to now the golden line. Doesn’t light my fire.
rust proof steels aren't hype for me.

viewtopic.php?t=84857&p=1360139

sold off my sprint run brown g10 calypso because eventually it would suffer the same fate as my vg10 police, except I wouldn't be able to fix it.

I know it isn't a problem most face, but it is in my line of work. No hype here.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

I did not receive the Reveal for some reason, but I saw it elsewhere...

The Ceramic Mule has me interested!
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Tristan_david2001 wrote:
This is an interesting perspective. And while I too hope to see more Caly-esque, EDC optimized knives, I still have to take my hat off for this reveal.

I’m 70% urban/office EDC so slim, lightweight and blade efficient designs appeal to me, but the remaining 30% of my life is mostly outdoor activities and home improvement projects.
This reveal, in my view, is Spyderco really listening to and trying to accommodate those who are looking for dependable and capable work tools. I don’t sweat acid like vivi does, but the climate here is WET. The Salt knives has been a revelation to me and the single most important aspect that made me gravitate towards- and still keeps me firmly in the Spyderco camp. No hype.
The Catcherman alone makes this reveal outstanding. S2XL salt, M2LW salt and Chap SE is icing on the cake, and even that is maybe just half of the offerings that appeals to me in one way or the other. Though they could be harder to justify.
kobold

Post by kobold »

I already have enough FRN and compression lock knives, so I'll keep waiting for a Magnacut model I like.. I hope this deluge of FRN and comp lock will clear the way for other lock types and handle materials (CF/titanium) combined with MC in the future.

But I am happy to see the XL Manix in crucarta. Now I should figure out if I want the G10 Stretch or this one.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Well, I was expecting more new models. My most anticipated is the high performance Delica.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

aicolainen wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:46 am
Tristan_david2001 wrote:
This is an interesting perspective. And while I too hope to see more Caly-esque, EDC optimized knives, I still have to take my hat off for this reveal.

I’m 70% urban/office EDC so slim, lightweight and blade efficient designs appeal to me, but the remaining 30% of my life is mostly outdoor activities and home improvement projects.
This reveal, in my view, is Spyderco really listening to and trying to accommodate those who are looking for dependable and capable work tools. I don’t sweat acid like vivi does, but the climate here is WET. The Salt knives has been a revelation to me and the single most important aspect that made me gravitate towards- and still keeps me firmly in the Spyderco camp. No hype.
The Catcherman alone makes this reveal outstanding. S2XL salt, M2LW salt and Chap SE is icing on the cake, and even that is maybe just half of the offerings that appeals to me in one way or the other. Though they could be harder to justify.
I appreciate your respectful and balanced minded response. It’s really just my impatient overzealous diehard Caly perspective spilling out.
I think spydercos just gone too heavily into the business route in modern years than creatively exciting when compared to the golden age. The Calys models are already long overdue and undervalued the past 2 decades in my mind. So to just see a new major reveal and the majority of it is all the other standard in-house models with plastic handles and zero Caly drops is relatively bad news for me.
:bug-red-white
pleadnotguilty

Post by pleadnotguilty »

I agree. Fantastic reveal.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Chiefs are no less creative than calypsos. preferring one model to the other doesn't make a knife bad. Most reveals are primarily knives I don't want to buy, but they appeal to others.

The Chief was a 20 year wait. There's a new calypso in the works and the last sprint was much less than 20 years ago ;)