Spymyto is hot!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mreagan

Spymyto is hot!

Post by mreagan »

That Spymyto is a sweet looking knife. Wonder when it will be released? Also pricing, hope it's more in the Swayback pricing range and not the Paysan...
Matt

:bug-red-white , Watu, PM2 Crucarta, Shaman, Caribbean, SpydieChef, Ikuchi, Chaparral, Manix 2, Native 5, Siren, Delica 4, Kapara, Manix 2 Maxamet, Raven 2
JSumm

Re: Spymyto is hot!

Post by JSumm »

MSRP $330
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

"The blade features a removable flipper opener"

I'd like to see that.
- Richard
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Yeah seems very interesting. Are flash batches typically released only on Spyderco’s website or at all the dealers?
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Only 3.6oz! That is a surprise looking at it. I would have guessed it would be heavier.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

This was the winner of the reveal for me. It’s a must have!

Flash Batches are sold by dealers as well.

riclaw wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:30 am

I'd like to see that.
https://www.lionsteel.it/en/product/1949_var6/mt01_cvg

This is the Lionsteel Myto, the knife the SpyMyto is based on. You can see the flipper tab is attached via a set screw.
-Nick :bug-red
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

I love my Lionspy, but the opening hole feels like a tacked on afterthought compared to the thumbstuds of the SR1.

The Myto looks like it's gonna be a much better platform for the Spydiehole. I also love that they went with a tall hollow grind instead of the original flat grind.

Instant buy, for me. Really excited to get one in hand.
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:04 am

riclaw wrote:

I'd like to see that.

This is the Lionsteel Myto, the knife the SpyMyto is based on. You can see the flipper tab is attached via a set screw.
Thanks!
- Richard
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

I’ll be getting one of these for sure.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Mushroom wrote:

riclaw wrote:

I'd like to see that.

that is cool! the one thing i didn't like about this one is the flipper.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

This one is VERY intriguing to me. I already have the green micarta/titanium Myto this is based on, and it's a fine piece. Adding a Spydie-hole and M398, which I am interested to try, and I will be trying to snap one up upon release.
:bug-red :zany :bug-red -Joel
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

The action leaves a lot to be desired on lionsteel Myto. Mine sits in a box and occasionally comes out for a day before getting put away again.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
RAHComanche

Post by RAHComanche »

I think its peculiar that the blade thickness of the SpyMyTo is .157inches! Design wise I would not expect it. In comparison the military grade Military 2 is .145in. So is the PM2. The Manix 2 and XL are just .125. The Shaman is even .145. I wonder why that decision was made unless to save on cost? The knife strikes me as more on the elegant EDC side.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The P'kal has a removable wave. Not that I've ever removed it, but it's got one😊 removable flipper is interesting.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Great design, a steel you don’t see often, a street price of just $231.00 and an offering which won’t be repeated. It’ll be available at many dealers. Personally, I would’ve preferred a blade length of 2.99” and a blade thickness of 0.1” for EDC.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I believe the blade thickness matches the Lionsteel Myto. Basically a Myto with an upgraded steel and hollow grind blade and the added opening hole. I think a collab like this probably keeps cost down. They (Lionsteel) can produce the model with the same processes. Just a different blade grind and shape. I could be wrong here, but that is my guess.

A Chris Reeve's design like this would blow up the Internet.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:05 pm
I believe the blade thickness matches the Lionsteel Myto. Basically a Myto with an upgraded steel and hollow grind blade and the added opening hole. I think a collab like this probably keeps cost down. They (Lionsteel) can produce the model with the same processes. Just a different blade grind and shape. I could be wrong here, but that is my guess.

Yes, SpyMyto is basically a LionSteel Myto with M398 instead of M390 and of course the SpydieHole in the blade.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I wonder how good the detent will be. I've tested several lionSTEEL flippers and never quite liked it. Anyways, a detent can be improved. It's not a new model, more like a new flavour, but I'll admit that a hollow ground M398 blade is quite appealing :open-grin.

Too bad it's a flash batch, can't wait to see how people like it, it'll be gone by then :')
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

This one is my top pick from the new reveal. This and the HIC Mule are "must haves". The Cru-carta Military 2 will be a future purchase as well, but it'll be regular production, so I can grab it later on.
--Jeremy
alphaneuron9

Post by alphaneuron9 »

Love the design and steel. My winner as well.

What are your recommendations in how to buy this before they are all out? Ive heard spyderco website gets flooded and has difficulties
Everyone please chyme in

Mushroom wrote:

Alex
Scientia et pax