Crazy good deals - Europe edition

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stas

Re: Crazy good deals - Europe edition

Post by Stas »

LeDe wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:16 pm
LeDe wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:53 am
Ramonade wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:45 am
LeDe wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:25 am

Is there any way to know if this is the CQI version?

A few seller mention it (ie Coutellerie Tourangelle) but Sharg does not.

Thanks,
Since the screws are black on that picture, it must be the CQI version. I haven't seen a dealer carrying the original version with grey screws for a while now !

You can always mail them :open-grin , just to be safe.
Thanks a lot.

Email sent just in case.

Getting excited. I thought I'd never go for a premium knife like that. But I may never get a better opportunity.
Thanks a lot Stas and Ramonade!

Spydiechef on the way!
Cool! Hope you’ll like it.

I also was weak… Manix 2 XL is on the way 😂
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
LeDe

Post by LeDe »

Stas wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:53 pm
LeDe wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:16 pm
LeDe wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:53 am
Ramonade wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:45 am

Since the screws are black on that picture, it must be the CQI version. I haven't seen a dealer carrying the original version with grey screws for a while now !

You can always mail them :open-grin , just to be safe.
Thanks a lot.

Email sent just in case.

Getting excited. I thought I'd never go for a premium knife like that. But I may never get a better opportunity.
Thanks a lot Stas and Ramonade!

Spydiechef on the way!
Cool! Hope you’ll like it.

I also was weak… Manix 2 XL is on the way 😂
I appreciate you did not leave me alone on that boat.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Some pretty good deals at Coutellerie Tourangelle - I think actually (and untypical for Europe) on discoed models... (mostly at least).
RockJumper: € 80, Chap Sun and Moon € 175, Sliverax € 157, Persistance CE € 40... and some more.

https://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com ... rds=*FDS23

[EDIT: Nov 29th: Link does not lead to Spydercos anymore now]
Last edited by Wartstein on Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
utor

Post by utor »

one thing i appreciated in the other crazy deals thread is the relative absence of off-topic. only then its possible to subscribe for notifications to get the deals when they are available... :zipper
LeDe

Post by LeDe »

Hello,

FYI, I received my Spydiechef yesterday. Love it!

Kind of what I expected, I love the feel and the shape. I will be using it as a kitchen knife mostly for now as I am back in the UK and cant go out with it.

The lock is a bit hard to unlock for now but it may be my skills.

Really happy I finally took the plunge. That should be my only premium spyderco for a while (at least that is what I promised my wife...).

Next should be a large salt knive when they are out there unless they release a Dragonfly salt PE in LC200n or Magnacut...

Anyway, thanks all again for the helps!
kobold

Post by kobold »

JIC anyone is wondering about knifestock, it is a good, reliable shop IME. I bough all my CRKs and a Protech from them, probably a couple of spydercos as well. Never had any problems.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Stas

Post by Stas »

On sharg.pl is their usual weekend discount on some Spyderco models.

Very intersting is this old stock Mantra 2 for the good price:
https://sharg.pl/product-eng-112310-Spy ... 03TIP.html

Tempted, but I got to be strong this time...
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ZDP 189 Endura:

Probably not "crazy good deals" I am about to share, especially when a K390 Endura can be had for less even in Europe.

Still: I was surprised and not aware of that they are still available at all, some folks apparently really like ZDP and british racing green is just a cool handle color... :cheap-sunglasses

So here are two links to a ZDP Endura for 182 Euros (200 USD) https://www.toolshop.de/Messer/Taschenm ... :3119.html
resp 200 Euros (220 USD) https://lorenzi.co.at/produkt/spyderco- ... ing-green/

(Plus: The thread needed a bump anyway.. ;) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
LeDe

Post by LeDe »

While we are on Lorenzi.
They have the Native LC200n PE at 140 euros. Not crazy but not too bad either.
They charge 18.5 euros to deliver to France.
Which makes it a bit closer to the price you can get the Magnacut for.

https://lorenzi.co.at/produkt/spyderco- ... e-c41pgr5/

I got one for myself as I was ordering a pink Delica for my wife and a superbly priced Manbug wharnie.

I needed a cheer-me-up that day. But now I am wondering if I should keep it or get a Magnacut instead...
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Great thread. Keep’em coming.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
LeDe

Post by LeDe »

https://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com ... 61351.html

I dont want to deal with non stainless myself but it seems like a really good price.

Best,
Stas

Post by Stas »

LeDe wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:52 am
https://www.coutellerie-tourangelle.com ... 61351.html

I dont want to deal with non stainless myself but it seems like a really good price.

Best,
I’m really surprised it is still in stock for that price! At least since September when this thread has started.
Stas

Post by Stas »

Matus

Post by Matus »

I bought so far one (non Spyderco) knife from Knifestock and it all went well. They really have good deals on some items.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Stas

Post by Stas »

Matus wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 am
I bought so far one (non Spyderco) knife from Knifestock and it all went well. They really have good deals on some items.
I have quite a few Spyderco from them. All is great. They also give you 5% discount on next purchase after writing the review on purchased product.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Is this the website you have to reside in one of the hosted countries for it to ship to you ?

I ordered the M4 Tenacious from the NL version of Knivesandtools, It's usually 184 or 177€ and on the .nl version it went down to 151,95€ for now. https://www.knivesandtools.nl/nl/pt/-sp ... zakmes.htm

It is not a crazy good deal, it's supposed to be the regular price. But I prefer to let people now, just in case :open-grin
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Stas

Post by Stas »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:24 am
Is this the website you have to reside in one of the hosted countries for it to ship to you ?

I ordered the M4 Tenacious from the NL version of Knivesandtools, It's usually 184 or 177€ and on the .nl version it went down to 151,95€ for now. https://www.knivesandtools.nl/nl/pt/-sp ... zakmes.htm

It is not a crazy good deal, it's supposed to be the regular price. But I prefer to let people now, just in case :open-grin
I think they trying to compensate very good deals with very hight prices on some of the items. Got Military DLC there for well under 200 Euros a while back and now they have it for 260. Or Military s110v for 370 now, which is crazy expensive comparing to others.

BTW M4 Tenacious is in stock at Lamnia at € 151,25 if someone prefer this place to shop.
Stas

Post by Stas »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:24 am

And sorry forgot to reply, Knivesandtools is a different business. They had a very good prices a few years bag but then something has happened...
Knifestock is based in Slovakia and operates from severel watehouses in Europe.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Stas wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:32 am
I think they trying to compensate very good deals with very hight prices on some of the items. Got Military DLC there for well under 200 Euros a while back and now they have it for 260. Or Military s110v for 370 now, which is crazy expensive comparing to others.

BTW M4 Tenacious is in stock at Lamnia at € 151,25 if someone prefer this place to shop.
I tried but I can't get them to ship elsewhere than the hosted website. Too bad. As for the prices yeah, seems that way :smlling-eyes . Too bad I can't take advantage of it. Well, leaves plenty for others !

It's even 150€ on Lamnia ! I check their new entries every day, saw the Native chief LWs but missed this one ! Doesn't appear in "new knives". My bad .

Speaking of Lamnia, it's good to check periodically because they lower prices when there's only one item left in stock. I got my Tenacious SE for 27€ and Manbug for 30€ that way (last year)

Yes, it's been 2 or 3 years of decline for K&T, back then it offered the best prices on many brands, sadly.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Stas

Post by Stas »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:57 am
Stas wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:32 am

I tried but I can't get them to ship elsewhere than the hosted website. Too bad. As for the prices yeah, seems that way :smlling-eyes . Too bad I can't take advantage of it. Well, leaves plenty for others !

It's even 150€ on Lamnia ! I check their new entries every day, saw the Native chief LWs but missed this one ! Doesn't appear in "new knives". My bad .

Speaking of Lamnia, it's good to check periodically because they lower prices when there's only one item left in stock. I got my Tenacious SE for 27€ and Manbug for 30€ that way (last year)

Yes, it's been 2 or 3 years of decline for K&T, back then it offered the best prices on many brands, sadly.
Yeah :) M4 Tenacious for €150 is a great deal. Gayle Bradley 2 for €200 is maybe even better value. Good thing I'm broke atm, so no dilemma :D