9/11 never forget, never forgive

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jim Malone

9/11 never forget, never forgive

Post by Jim Malone »

Let's all remember 9/11. Now 22 years ago.
Let's not forgive the sacrifice people made during these times and those who gave life, limb or sanity in the resulting wars against extremism.

We remember.
MacLaren

Re: 9/11 never forget, never forgive

Post by MacLaren »

🇺🇸
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Thank you, Jim, for remembering!

Indeed, let us NOT forget the innocent citizens, first responders, and military personnel lost this day 22 years ago. And, let us remember those lost who participated in the rescue and recovery in the days that followed, as well as those deployed to fight the war on someone else's shore.

NEVER FORGET!!!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

Amen
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Amen, and I'd like to add the following.

I am not sure what exactly is going on. Nothing makes sense to me after my simple teen years.

I'm 63, not young and not too old, but during those 63 years I saw an unceasing and relentless march against the USA, UK and EU by N.Korea, Iran, China and Russia. 60 years of treachery, and not only by these 4 entities. I know that the hijackers on 9/11 were not from Iraq or Afghanistan. I know that the leaders and people of Iraq were belligerent but innocent in the attack on 9/11 against the USA.

I DO NOT agree with everything the West does, but I only have one life and I am nobody. I am a peasant and can only afford to live in one place, I do not travel and do not get to see other cultures to know first hand what they may do better or worse than my own country.

I say this because I see many people supporting foreign entities that we should be extra vigilant and very wary of. No good can come of supporting dictators, communism, or fanatics of any kind. Peace is the only thing that can guarantee you may live out your natural life. The winds of WW III are coming head-on directly toward us.

What it comes down to is I only trust the people that I am intimately familiar with, and know that my life and the lives of those in my family may only matter to me.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

So where were these hijackers from??

I'd like to know if my cousin, who's suffering from extreme ptsd and living in my aunts basement at 35 years old, suffering from severe alcoholism and seizures, lost his wife and kid...because he was searching the wrong area?? Please let me know random guy on the internet.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:28 pm
So where were these hijackers from??

I'd like to know if my cousin, who's suffering from extreme ptsd and living in my aunts basement at 35 years old, suffering from severe alcoholism and seizures, lost his wife and kid...because he was searching the wrong area?? Please let me know random guy on the internet.
"Of the 19 Al Qaeda terrorists who hijacked four U.S. commercial airliners on the morning of September 11, 2001, 15 were citizens of Saudi Arabia — and of course, Osama bin Laden was a member of one of Saudi Arabia's wealthiest families."
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Not only did the USA and it's allies not attack Saudi Arabia and take over control of their country, the elites sold out the West by selling them billions of dollars worth of armaments and F16's. Then the leadership in Saudi Arabia repaid the USA by joining BRICS to destabilize the US dollars hegemony for world trade.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/12/10363894 ... ions-to-9-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijackers ... 11_attacks
James Y

Post by James Y »

I've never forgotten.

Jim
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It seems, in hindsight, that this tragedy began a permanent trend of changes in our world that haven't been positive. It has been said that after the 9/11 attacks things would never be the same, and it looks like that was indeed the case.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

It will never be forgotten.
It's heartwarming to look back at that time and see how this external threat brought people from all corners of society together in compassion and a unified effort to take care of everyone.
It's just as saddening to see how that shared state of mind was exploited at the time, and how polarized and tribal we become as the feeling of imminent external threat has faded.
The politics of the aftermath is a complicated topic that doesn't belong here. Today is about honoring everyone we lost, everyone who lost someone and everyone who sacrificed their own comfort and safety to keep others safe.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I was a Sophomore in College on this day. I was in class and recall classes being cancelled and everyone sent home. I remember hearing of new attacks and the chaos of not knowing. I had to be at work after class, so I swung by Chick-fil-A to grab lunch. I ordered food out of automation, took it to a table and stared at it for a long time not knowing what to do. I picked it back up and threw it away without ever touching it. When I got to the office, everyone was just gathered around a radio. I didn't know what to say or add to the minimal conversation going on. I remember that feeling of disbelief that lasted weeks with constant news updates and rescue efforts going on. I wish it was possible to forget. I wish it didn't happen, but it did and those people meant something. They had family and friends who suffered in their absence. All of the rescue workers who stormed into an unwinnable battle and sacrificed everything. We cannot forget.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I was a still working at Caterpillar and at the time was one of four people in charge of filling emergency orders in an area called the Bins .Think of a two story football field with parts weighing 5 pounds to 10th of ounce or less . Employees were allowed to have radios for personal use and the news spread like wild fire . People were in small groups , some trying to work to keep focused, and some crying . A lady we worked with had a granddaughter, went to college , got a degree , moved from a small farm town to the big city . She never made it out of the Towers and our coworker was never the same . Like all American tragedies we never forget and remember what we were and doing . Memories imprinted, holding us in time , no closure . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

It is not enough to just remember. After 22 years, there is an entire generation for whom the whole thing is just a page in a history book, no more real than the Pelopennesian War. Yes, it happened, but they weren't there to see it. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Our vigilance lapsed then and is doing so again, especially when we keep thinking in terms of countries. People are the problem, not the place they came from.
benben

Post by benben »

yablanowitz wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:16 am
It is not enough to just remember. After 22 years, there is an entire generation for whom the whole thing is just a page in a history book, no more real than the Pelopennesian War. Yes, it happened, but they weren't there to see it. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Our vigilance lapsed then and is doing so again, especially when we keep thinking in terms of countries. People are the problem, not the place they came from.
AMEN!!

I’m 58, I was holding my very first, week old newborn in my arms while everything was unfolding before my eyes on TV. I have not, and will not ever forget, but you’re exactly right, there’s many who have forgotten, weren’t around then, or could care less!

I have tons of thoughts about 9/11 and Covid, and I’m sure I could probably bring the moderators down on me, I’ve never been a conspiracy theorist before, not so sure now?

I do think Iraq was a mistake! Sure they had a terrible lunatic dictator, so what? Guess we had to pick a fight with someone? Wars, even the ones that are a mistake equal BIG money to the right interest groups!

If all reports are right, the huge majority of IED’s and other improvised weapons that were killing and wounding our soldiers came from Iran and Pakistan, I personally think we still owed Iran a nice black eye for the hostage crisis! And with the majority of the hijacker’s being Saudi we should have skipped right over Iraq and just taken control of the Saudi’s oil.

And then….the withdrawal from Afghanistan!! >:[

I’m gonna stop now, but no, I’ll never forget! God bless the fallen and their families!
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

benben wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:36 am
yablanowitz wrote:
AMEN!!

I’m 58, I was holding my very first, week old newborn in my arms while everything was unfolding before my eyes on TV. I have not, and will not ever forget, but you’re exactly right, there’s many who have forgotten, weren’t around then, or could care less!

I have tons of thoughts about 9/11 and Covid, and I’m sure I could probably bring the moderators down on me, I’ve never been a conspiracy theorist before, not so sure now?

I do think Iraq was a mistake! Sure they had a terrible lunatic dictator, so what? Guess we had to pick a fight with someone? Wars, even the ones that are a mistake equal BIG money to the right interest groups!

If all reports are right, the huge majority of IED’s and other improvised weapons that were killing and wounding our soldiers came from Iran and Pakistan, I personally think we still owed Iran a nice black eye for the hostage crisis! And with the majority of the hijacker’s being Saudi we should have skipped right over Iraq and just taken control of the Saudi’s oil.

I’m gonna stop now, but no, I’ll never forget! God bless the fallen and their families!
Amen, brother. Amen. I'm with you.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

benben wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:
AMEN!!

100% correct on everything you said.
benben

Post by benben »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:21 pm
benben wrote:
yablanowitz wrote:
AMEN!!

100% correct on everything you said.
And sadly I left Benghazi out of my post! >:[
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

My post was not geared towards the different scandals and political spin doctors.
I think we should honor the average guy/gal who gets up every day to earn an honest living by protecting the life and limbs of the general public because he/she is a cop, firefighter, paramedic, nurse, soldier.
I'm talking boots on the ground. The guys /girls on ground zero, in le bataclan or Brussels airport. The guys who went to Iraq/Afghanistan/Chad/Lybia or any other country and left their sweat and blood to fight for our safety and to defend our values and those who could not fend for themselves.
Those who risk their mental and physical health in the protection of the general public, foreign and abroad.
Those ordinairy men and women who stand up when others are down.
They realise they are pawns on the chessboard of those in power. Those in power would never risk their own lives for someone else yet still these men and women get up every morning to do their part.
We should honor them. Without them our earth would be a much darker place.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Jim Malone wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:59 pm
We should honor them. Without them our earth would be a much darker place.
We could start with John P. O'Neill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_P._O%27Neill