Amazon Shaman

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
gransport

Amazon Shaman

Post by gransport »

First Post
I really did like this knife....but I know the difference between bronze washers and bearings (see pic). Only saved about $10 over KnifeCenter/BladeHQ, so I thought it would be legit and I'd get the quick shipping from Amazon. Oh well, it's getting returned to Amazon and reported to our State Attrny Gen Office (not that it'll do much). Will order from a authorized dealer and call it a lesson learned. Hope you can learn too.
Attachments
IMG_2566.jpg
TazKristi

Re: Amazon Shaman

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, gransport:
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

gransport wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:46 pm
First Post
I really did like this knife....but I know the difference between bronze washers and bearings (see pic). Only saved about $10 over KnifeCenter/BladeHQ, so I thought it would be legit and I'd get the quick shipping from Amazon. Oh well, it's getting returned to Amazon and reported to our State Attrny Gen Office (not that it'll do much). Will order from a authorized dealer and call it a lesson learned. Hope you can learn too.
I'm curious to know who the seller was on Amazon. Probably doesn't matter. There are some legit sellers on Amazon but the problem is that Amazon accepts returns and it's possible someone bought a legit knife, added the bearings, and then returned the knife for whatever reason. Amazon people don't know enough about the product to know a modified real knife or even if one is a counterfeit. They accept the return and put it back in stock without knowing it's not what it should be. I've bought a few knives from Amazon but only when I knew the seller was legit

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:06 am
gransport wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:46 pm
First Post
I'm curious to know who the seller was on Amazon. Probably doesn't matter. There are some legit sellers on Amazon but the problem is that Amazon accepts returns and it's possible someone bought a legit knife, added the bearings, and then returned the knife for whatever reason. Amazon people don't know enough about the product to know a modified real knife or even if one is a counterfeit. They accept the return and put it back in stock without knowing it's not what it should be. I've bought a few knives from Amazon but only when I knew the seller was legit

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum!
True. Not to mention that someone could even buy a legit knife from Amazon, but return the replica/knockoff of that same model since Amazon staff wouldn't be able to tell one from another...
gransport

Post by gransport »

Thanks for the welcomes.

The seller is Minoix and he/she has a 1 Star rating. Besides my review, there are 3 others and all of them are basically for fakes. The only thing in their Storefront are Spyderco's. I suspect that when these people get flagged and taken down, they just pop up again with a different name.

I've already dropped the knife off for return, but I wish I'd have taken pics of the box. I had watched a YouTube video on spotting a fake Shaman and it mentioned some things to look for on the box. I have a Manix 2 XL which came in the same sized box. The video mentioned that the silver stripe up the front is muted on the fake and that the bug logo is centered vs off to the left. Compared with the Manix box, I found exactly the same issues as in the video.