Drunken Lynch Clip!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dazen

Drunken Lynch Clip!

Post by Dazen »

I emailed Casey Lynch a few month back about trying to make a clip that matches the finish of the Paysan blade. I told him that the finish was very similar to the Drunken and that I’ve given up trying to find a decent clip for the Drunken years ago. I was then told he would play around to try and match the Paysan and that he was already working on a Drunken clip.

Well, I just received their newsletter and the cover photo is below. I can’t find any info on their site yet but I hope this is finally coming to fruition.

FYI: I already have the A Purvis Blades clip and while it looks pretty functionality it is worse that the stock clip.

Last edited by Dazen on Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
fixall

Re: Drunken Lynch Clip!

Post by fixall »

I actually sold off my Drunken and A. Purvis clip for the same reason. It looked phenomenal, but it liked to shift too much. I've never been stoked with single screw clip designs.

Casey puts a LOT of thought into his clips. If I would have known he was coming out with one, I probably would have kept the Drunken!

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I forgot the Drunken only has a single screw for the clip. That might be a deal breaker for me
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Definitely a great clip design for the Drunken. I'm waiting for the Subvert clip, unsure of the prototype for that one.
intron

Post by intron »

Dazen wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:55 pm
I emailed Casey Lynch a few month back about trying to make a clip that matches the finish of the Paysan blade. I told him that the finish was very similar to the Drunken and that I’ve given up trying to find a decent clip for the Drunken years ago. I was then told he would play around to try and match the Paysan and that he was already working on a Drunken clip.

Well, I just received their newsletter and the cover photo is below. I can’t find any info on their site yet but I hope this is finally coming to fruition.

FYI: I already have the A Pervis Blades clip and while it looks pretty functionality it is worse that the stock clip.

What was wrong with the Purvis clip? I was actually just about to order one. Now not so sure.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

fixall wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:00 pm
I actually sold off my Drunken and A. Purvis clip for the same reason. It looked phenomenal, but it liked to shift too much. I've never been stoked with single screw clip designs.

Casey puts a LOT of thought into his clips. If I would have known he was coming out with one, I probably would have kept the Drunken!

I hear you on the clip shifting, it drives me nuts!

I’m really excited that this clip is not going to be on the lockbar anymore. It will give it an even better position in the pocket.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
jmj3esq

Post by jmj3esq »

I'm praying to God that Lynch NW produces this clip. The original factory clip is the only negative on my favorite EDC. I personally think Sinkevich may have been "drunken" himself when designing the original clip. In any event, it's taken long enough for someone to produce a good, affordable, deep carry, clip for the Drunken. Lets get it done!
kellyglanzer

Post by kellyglanzer »

Subscribed and hoping for Casey to do his thing. :smiling-heart-eyes
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

intron wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:12 am

What was wrong with the Purvis clip? I was actually just about to order one. Now not so sure.

Not sure how I didn’t see your question, but the clip shifts horribly from side to side and is a PITA to get over clothing.

On a better note, Lynch told me the first batch is almost done and should be ready around the end of the month!!
Dane

Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

I planned on getting a Subvert clip as soon as they become available, along with a clip for my new Native 5 carbon. Now I'll have to hold off until the Drunken clip is available also. I hope it doesn't shift like the APurvis clip, which I love the look of, but agree that the movement drives me crazy, especially for a +$100.00 price tag. I did slow it down a bit by using fibergrip grease, which I use on my carbon bike parts, but it still moves a bit. Is there any guarantee that the Lynch clip won't shift either? I would carry it more if not for that issue. I love that knife!
dull&blunt

Post by dull&blunt »

Casey at Lynch is great. I have no doubt he's manufactured a clip because you (along with others) have requested it.
A few months ago I emailed him about a sold-out clip, and he had his team custom anodize one just for me, without me having to ask. They just go above and beyond for each customer.
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

dull&blunt wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:00 pm
Casey at Lynch is great. I have no doubt he's manufactured a clip because you (along with others) have requested it.
A few months ago I emailed him about a sold-out clip, and he had his team custom anodize one just for me, without me having to ask. They just go above and beyond for each customer.
I agree that he, his business and products are great. I've never had any problems with any of his products. I'll assume that he understands the problems with the original and aftermarket clips and his clip will address those issues and it'll be great. I'll get one out of blind faith.
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

Napsterninja wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:59 pm
Definitely a great clip design for the Drunken. I'm waiting for the Subvert clip, unsure of the prototype for that one.
Not exactly the same thing, but the MXG clip for the ZT 0609 fits the Subvert.

Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
17 Spydies, 14 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

They are available!

Even better, they are part of his machined line and if they are anything like the CRK clip I have it should work great. I got the feather one and can’t wait!

https://www.lynchnw.com/spyderco-drunke ... 25e95137b7

Dane

ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Great news! Ordered one. This is going to make the Drunken such an awesome knife. It already is, minus the clip.
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Already sold out of the plain blue. Only the feather one left.
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

Looks like a great pocket clip and an improvement on the original. I was planning on getting one but just can’t justify spending nearly $100 on a pocket clip, no matter how nice it is.
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Even at $88/$92, they sold out in 24 hours. A lot of demand for these.
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Waiting for my order to arrive. It's a milled titanium clip, add in r&d cost is on par with other aftermarket milled clips. We'll see how it pockets and feels.
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

My clip arrived today. While expensive, this makes a great knife excellent. Casey did a great job.