Fully Serrated Military 2 ???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SAF-1

Fully Serrated Military 2 ???

Post by SAF-1 »

Can anyone Plz tell when these are coming out ?? Just got the Proverbial Hurry Up and Wait email from Knife Center 🙉
SAF-1

Re: Fully Serrated Military 2 ???

Post by SAF-1 »

I’ll take the lack of response as NO !!!
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

No way to know. I assume it will happen though.
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

It's already of the way, along with a combo blade. At least DLT thinks so. And considering it's the new flagship model, I can't see them NOT making all the variations. They'd be insane not to.
Screenshot_20230814-143512.png
Last edited by ImHereForTheMilitary2 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Websites list items as coming soon right after they are announced, it is never an indication of any timeframe.
Some even indicate a timeframe, but it is a guesstimation from them and rarely is accurate lol.

We don't officially know when they'll be available at dealers
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Ramonade wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:38 pm
Websites list items as coming soon right after they are announced, it is never an indication of any timeframe.
Some even indicate a timeframe, but it is a guesstimation from them and rarely is accurate lol.

Again, the military 2 is their new flagship model. I can't see a world where they don't give us all the variations. If I had to put money on it, I'd say full SE and combo edges will be available within a year. Maybe even by the end of the year.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm with you brother, waiting on the DLC version myself.

The Military 2 is awesome, and I'm excited to own one!
:unicorn
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

ImHereForTheMilitary2 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:40 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:38 pm

Again, the military 2 is their new flagship model. I can't see a world where they don't give us all the variations. If I had to put money on it, I'd say full SE and combo edges will be available within a year. Maybe even by the end of the year.
Of course, they're on the Reveal and the different edges are listed in it ! Spyderco decided to only reveal models that are either on the line of production or produced already, so it's not gonna take years, people's patience won't be tested very much !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

For some dumb reason I also want a fully-serrated all-black Military 2. I don't need one so I hope they don't release it for six months or so.
ImHereForTheMilitary2

HolySteel wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:25 pm
For some dumb reason I also want a fully-serrated all-black Military 2. I don't need one so I hope they don't release it for six months or so.
😂 ditto
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

SAF-1 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:28 pm
Can anyone Plz tell when these are coming out ?? Just got the Proverbial Hurry Up and Wait email from Knife Center 🙉

You could consider trying the Stretch XL SE while waiting for the M2 SE...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:36 am
Good, thanks for taking one for the team. Let us know when you find em 😁
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

I actually bought a Stretch and ended up giving it away !! Blade stock was way too thin 🙉 For my job I needed something more substantial 😎
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

SAF-1 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:53 pm
I actually bought a Stretch and ended up giving it away !! Blade stock was way too thin 🙉 For my job I needed something more substantial 😎

"WAY" too thin? ... The Millie blade stock is thicker indeed, but as far as I can recall my (PE!) Millie 1: With that long blades and tapering going on, effectively not that much thicker seen over the whole blade than on the Stretch XL - and especially the tip not much more solid (to me the tip is pretty much the only part of a folder (!!) blade where thickness really matters. THIS is the only place where there is a real risk to snap the blade in even hard folder tasks (thus I like folders like the Delica with reasonably thin and slicey blades but a bit reenforced tips, but don´t fully understand models like the Para 3 with overly fat blades but still rather fragile tips).
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:39 pm
SAF-1 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:53 pm
, but don´t fully understand models like the Para 3 with overly fat blades but still rather fragile tips).
Hahaha i also do not understand the para 3 but its way to skinny for me... :winking-tongue
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

YES !! Way too thin. I’m a Fireman/Paramedic for 30yrs and that blade never gave me Confidence to do what I do. Cut a seatbelt, cut off someone’s clothes ?? Yes, but that’s where it ends !! And BTW, I also carry Small Steel Prybars for a variety of things including Jimmy doors/windows.
I can’t tell you how many Cops I’ve seen with knives that had Broken Tips 😜 A knife is made for cutting, but in an Emergency is gunna be what you need it to be 😎
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

SAF-1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:11 am
YES !! Way too thin. I’m a Fireman/Paramedic for 30yrs and that blade never gave me Confidence to do what I do. Cut a seatbelt, cut off someone’s clothes ?? Yes, but that’s where it ends !! And BTW, I also carry Small Steel Prybars for a variety of things including Jimmy doors/windows.
I can’t tell you how many Cops I’ve seen with knives that had Broken Tips 😜 A knife is made for cutting, but in an Emergency is gunna be what you need it to be 😎

If I get you right I think I am with you

Knives with thick bladestock but fragile tips don´t make much sense to me.

In most even harder knife tasks the actual blade of a knife in for example Delica size will be thick enough with 2.5mm stock to not break (AND still be slicey) - it is the very tip that is in danger in hard and fast work (where one just does not have the time to take much care of that tip).

So, imo:
- IF a knife is given a rather fat blade anyway, give it a stout tip too (Shaman!)
- Better though in my use :Reasonably thin bladestock, but a bit reenforced tip (Endura!)
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

I believe 2 is one one is none !! I actually carry 2 blades at all times. My recent carry is a SOG XR and a Fully Serrated Endura so funny you should say that ??
BTW- this morning I lost a Brother 🥲 That Helicopter Crash was my Department !! Crew of 3, both the Pilot and Fireman/Medic made it out after Crash Landing but the Captain/Medic never made it out !! Plz God I Pray to you that he was Killed on Impact or Unconscious before the Fire got him ?? 🙉 BTW- he’s got a 13yo Daughter 🥲