Spyderco SWAG?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Blaine in the Rock

Spyderco SWAG?

Post by Blaine in the Rock »

gear.jpg
Hats, beanies, shirts, hoodies, stickers, tear down mats, mugs, pens, jacket collabs with 5.11 and Carhart, and more! I want it all. I got to feed my Spyder need.

It's ghastly out there on the webz. Anything Spidey logod (logoed?) seems old. Like I can find one women's shirt in a small or an XXL. I saw a Spyderco tear down mat that must have been blessed by Sal himself, considering how much dude was asking for it. Is there anything at the Golden store? Gotta make a pilgrimage someday.

I can only give out so many Ladybugs as gifts. Please Spyderco, I'm begging you, help me spend more of my money!
Michael Janich

Re: Spyderco SWAG?

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Blaine in the Rock:

Please check here: https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/category/accessories. You should find a variety of things of interest.

Stay safe,

Mike
Blaine in the Rock

Awesome! Thank you! No idea how I missed all that
dull&blunt

Post by dull&blunt »

I’d LOVE to have a Spyderco/Carhart hoodie or jacket.

LynchNW, another great company you should check out Blaine, has some Carhart colab hoodies. Plus the best pocket clip replacements are on the market :)
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

IMG_5667.jpeg
The new hat is great. Really high quality and good fit.
Blaine in the Rock

Nice. And thanks for the rec on LynchNW. The hats look really good but I don't usually wear ball caps. They just never fit my big head right. Beanies in the winter, boonie or bucket in the summer. Hopefully they will do another run of t-shirts and add some hoodies.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I just bought a whole bunch of hats, coins stickers and shot glasses. On its way to me soon.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

Has anyone ever ordered any of the glasses or cups outside of the USA? I’d really love to pick up some of the pottery mugs and whisky glasses along with my next mule purchase, but I’m loath to run the risk of them getting smashed in the mail.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

Speaking of the shot glasses: a little Goo Gone, hot water, and some pulling, and you too can make an unsanctioned salt:

My shot glass is still intact!

@JoviAl - ordered within the U.S., but my shot glass came extremely well protected, some of the best bubble wrap I've ever encountered if memory serves. They may even take extra care for you when noting your shipping address, or you could add it in the comments section (if there is one) and I'm sure those lovely folks would give you even more bubble wrap.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

JoviAl wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:20 am
Has anyone ever ordered any of the glasses or cups outside of the USA? I’d really love to pick up some of the pottery mugs and whisky glasses along with my next mule purchase, but I’m loath to run the risk of them getting smashed in the mail.
Got two Ben shot glasses with a Mule no issue shipping to Australia. They actually come in a box with foam inserts ;)

Got two mugs shipped with another Mule no issue.

Got a pottery mug shipped with another lot of Mules no issue.

So pretty sure you won’t have a problem :winking-tongue
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

standy99 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:44 am
JoviAl wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:20 am
Got two Ben shot glasses with a Mule no issue shipping to Australia. They actually come in a box with foam inserts ;)

Got two mugs shipped with another Mule no issue.

Got a pottery mug shipped with another lot of Mules no issue.

So pretty sure you won’t have a problem :winking-tongue
Oh brilliant! Thanks for getting back to me 👍🏻
- Al

Dream knives -
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Spicy Suplex wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:24 am
Speaking of the shot glasses: a little Goo Gone, hot water, and some pulling, and you too can make an unsanctioned salt:

😯

keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Blaine in the Rock

ladybug93 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:01 am
Spicy Suplex wrote:

😯

+1!
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

Spicy Suplex wrote:

@JoviAl - ordered within the U.S., but my shot glass came extremely well protected, some of the best bubble wrap I've ever encountered if memory serves. They may even take extra care for you when noting your shipping address, or you could add it in the comments section (if there is one) and I'm sure those lovely folks would give you even more bubble wrap.
Cheers Spicy, I’m definitely going to treat myself off the back of yours and Standy’s experiences.

On a separate note, that bug looks really cool!
- Al

Dream knives -
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

dull&blunt wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:50 am
I’d LOVE to have a Spyderco/Carhart hoodie or jacket.

LynchNW, another great company you should check out Blaine, has some Carhart colab hoodies. Plus the best pocket clip replacements are on the market :)
I doubt Spyderco would ever make in-house branded Carhartt gear. And if they did, the selection would be very limited.

One of my favorite things to do as a hobby is use my Circuit vinyl cutter. If you have one (or know someone that does) it's easy enough to cut. Then you can simply get your favorite Carhartt garment and make your own Spyder hoodie using Siser Easyweed heat transfer vinyl.

If vinyl is too cheap looking for you, you can always splurge on a sewing machine that connects to a computer and does embroidery from images you uploaded.

With either of that, you can make whatever you want on any garment you want.

Buying a vinyl cutter and/or embroidery machine may seem very expensive just for a hoodie, but you'll always be able to make whatever you want in the future. And if you come up with your own designs (not Spyderco logos) you can do a decent little side hustle on Etsy. Buddy of mine makes a killing doing that.

Keep in mind that both of these options are perfectly legal to do as long as you don't sell anything that is someone else's design, like the Spyderco logo. You can make all the items you want for yourself (or as gifts for family and friends) but you can't make something with a protected design and sell it without permission from the owner.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spicy Suplex wrote:

[IMAGE]

Did you put the H1 blade in the shot glass? :winking-tongue
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

What's the difference between H1 and H2?
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:26 am
Spicy Suplex wrote:

[IMAGE]

Did you put the H1 blade in the shot glass? :winking-tongue

Crossed my mind, but I've as yet been too lazy to find out. I suspect even if I cleaned all the schmutz/rubber cement(?) from the insert, it's so thin and form-fitting that it probably wouldn't hold the H1 blade due to its grind. The only other FFG LB3 I have is Vtoku2 and that certainly isn't going in the glass. Mostly I was just impressed I didn't have to shatter the glass in my sink with a little ball peen hammer :party-face
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

👍🏻
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

ImHereForTheMilitary2 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:16 am
What's the difference between H1 and H2?

The intent is for little to no difference at all. Haven't seen anyone saying it acts drastically different, and if Spyderco was less honest I bet they coulda just kept calling it H1 and who knows if we ever would have found out. On the bright side, H2 is easier to mix with the Spydiehole and just the letter "O" for a cheeky H2O designation, which someone here pointed out very early on :tonque-out