NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by MacLaren »

Don't worry Joe. The N.F.L. is on the road to humbling their selves. The greed of Roger Goodell & the Owners will be their downfall.
Look for more & more & more pay per view regular season & playoff games. This season is just the tip of the Iceberg.
My only hope is that people will just refuse to pay for regular season & especially playoff pay per view games. And ultimately just stop watching the N.F.L. at all. They really cost us dearly with that pay per view playoff game. That was a game we all wanted to watch, not to mention it being the coldest game ever played.
No, what would be really nice is for fans to just not watch the first 5 games of next year's regular season. I think that would get Roger Goodell and the Owen's attention.
Probably never happen but, if it did, it would be incredibly powerful!
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:07 pm
akapennypincher wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:30 am
Well James T., local talk radio guy said this am he was looking at price for Super Bowl tickets.

CHEAPEST 11K, wow.🤮
Are you kidding me!!! Eleven Grand for one ticket???!!!! When you can watch it on TV???!!!

Now is that the face value of the ticket or is that a scalper's price?

Well

One: Game is in Las Vegas, place is no longer cheap.

Two: Most who go are big bucks people, corporate sponsors.

Three: NFL is not caring about REAL FANS, they are money hungry.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

akapennypincher wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:28 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:07 pm
akapennypincher wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:30 am
Well James T., local talk radio guy said this am he was looking at price for Super Bowl tickets.

CHEAPEST 11K, wow.🤮
Are you kidding me!!! Eleven Grand for one ticket???!!!! When you can watch it on TV???!!!

Now is that the face value of the ticket or is that a scalper's price?

Well

One: Game is in Las Vegas, place is no longer cheap.

Two: Most who go are big bucks people, corporate sponsors.

Three: NFL is not caring about REAL FANS, they are money hungry.
Yeah I get all of that and I totally agree with what you just stated.

But is $11,000 the original price of the ticket or did some scalper or ticket agency jack up the price?

And I do agree with MAC by the way that Goodell and the owners are truly self destructing the league.

You wouldn't believe all the hate talk I got from some people I know throughout the USA about that one Chief's playoff game being on the "Peacock" channel. We here in Kansas City got to see it from a local TV station here in KC. But I've got friends in 3 different states that were extremely bitter and even angry about that Chief's-Dolphins game only available on Peacock. I think MAC is right because there is going to be a mass exodus of NFL fans if this keeps up.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Honestly guys, I think we're all in for one heckuva Super Bowl.
Imo, the wild card is Christian McCaffrey.
I think if the Chiefs can get a lid on that dude, they'll have another Lombardi Trophy.
Joe buddy, it's a great time to be a Chiefs fan!
As 4 me, next season is really gonna sting! Beacuse all I see is Kenny Picket and a bunch a *** kickins
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I think it will be a good game. There's just too much talent on these teams for it not to be.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Well I will watch Super Bowl Commercials, hopefully they will have some good one, not excited about Teach or outcome. Everytime we host Super Bowl in Glendale Arizona where Arizona Red Bird Teams plays, we in local community get told how great the event is for local economy.

Last year we are or were hosting city, I never go any royalty for being resident. People who came for
Super Bowl got over charge by hotels, restaurants, rental car companies, and everyone selling good or services.

Good example is Motel one Grand Avenue I call a low tide dump when from $35.00/Night to $700.00/Night and was sold out.

Teams
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:32 pm
Honestly guys, I think we're all in for one heckuva Super Bowl.
Imo, the wild card is Christian McCaffrey.
I think if the Chiefs can get a lid on that dude, they'll have another Lombardi Trophy.
Joe buddy, it's a great time to be a Chiefs fan!
As 4 me, next season is really gonna sting! Beacuse all I see is Kenny Picket and a bunch a *** kickins
Well a guy we all know as "Ol' Man Reality" is paying Chief's fans a visit this year. Two prominent sports talk shows are both talking about 2 main players that probably won't return to the Chiefs. Those two guys are L'Jarius Sneed and Chris Jones. And losing those two guys could really upset the chemistry of the team. But there is just no way to pay both of those guys with the cap space like it is.

The only saving grace would be if the Chiefs were to hit it out of the park with the upcoming 2024 Draft like they did with the 2022 Draft i.e. Karlaftis, McDuffie, Chenal, Pacheco ect. And defensive gem players are few and far between unfortunately.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:09 am
Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:56 am
The Lions weren’t winning that game no matter what decisions were made. The game was decided before it ever started.

(Spoiler: the Super Bowl has already been decided as well)

I would dismiss everything I’m saying too… if I kept my eyes closed the whole time. I

It just sucks knowing the league is as dishonest as it is because that most likely means all of Tom Brady and the Patriots “accomplishments” are just as fake and manufactured as the Chiefs. “Lord Brady” was the poster boy of the league for decades and now it’s “Precious Patrick's” turn.
The more I think about all of that the more I'm starting to believe it. It's as though Patrick Mahomes is being touted as the new "Messiah". It's almost like no other QB in the league even counts. And this is coming from a devout fan of Sir Patrick and the Chiefs Kingdom Although I don't think him or Brady either one can fake their talent because it is more than obvious that both players are super talented. That's something that just can't be faked.

A good analogy of that would be to compare the NFL to the WWE. Many years ago Hulk Hogan lifted Andre The Giant and body slammed him. You can't fake picking up a 7 foot plus, 525 pound man. But the wrestling match itself sure was pre-decided. Although it took awesome talent for Hogan to body slam Andre The Giant. The WWE used to be called the WWF. Now the acronym reads "World Wrestling Entertainment">> hence the word "entertainment"..

With all the Taylor Swift nonsense it is as though the NFL is simply another part of the entertainment world. Which probably has very little to do with raw competition unfortunately.
I genuinely don’t mean to take away from Mahomes and his talent. I can’t… he’s most likely the best QB in the league right now. Thats actually the reason why I believe the league is using him as their poster boy now. He’s the big money maker, just like Brady was for so long. It’s also why you won’t hear Mahomes name brought up once this off season without being compared to Brady. They need Mahomes healthy and in the spotlight for as long as possible so
as a result, he gets certain unspoken (but obvious as day) benefits and advantages because of that.

Kind of like the league choosing their, statistically backed, most bias road team referee to be in charge of their last AFC championship game on the road… that decision was NOT a coincidence. In my mind it is unthinkable to say it wasn’t explicitly planned that way.

All this Taylor Swift nonsense is the straw that broke the camels back. It’s just too much and too obvious for me. It’s a budlight move. Ignore their real long time and loyal fans in an attempt to try and appeal to the loud new 1% just vying for a glimpse of their trendy idol on live tv for two seconds.

With the money the NEFL keeps making and the benefit of the doubt the fans keep giving them, I don’t see this new business plan of theirs ending anytime soon.

I honestly do not think this Super Bowl is going to be a largely competitive game. It’s going to be near blowout status right up until there’s some random 4th quarter controversy that makes it seem like anyone’s game but we all know it’s not. Either that or they’re going to have Hero Mahomes lead the team to a “miraculous comeback” just to add it on to his “storied season.” Regardless of the game itself, I promise you, only one ending is allowed to happen.

Just making sure, did everyone see these photos of our Queen? The league rushed to put them on all of their social media pages as soon as possible after the game ended. Aren’t they so wonderful? That magical moment brings a tear to my eye! Do you guys see our Queen thriving, like I do?!? I can’t wait to see our Queens outfits for the Super Bowl! I hope our Queen has one outfit for the first half, one outfit for the second half, and one outfit for the trophy/kissing travvy ceremony!

Then Travvy can win SuperBowl MVP and him and his new fiancé, our Queen, can announce they’re going to Disney World together!!! Yay! :party-face

The NFL will not be denied the Super Bowl version of this…

-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehehe.....your on 🔥 Nick!! 💪 💪 💪
I hear ya buddy!
Man, the N.F.L. must think they're truly invincible....they shall see!
max808

Post by max808 »

Go Chiefs!!!
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah man, the Chiefs are a great organization.
I'd put them right there on the same level as the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers and New York Giants. They're old and they got great ownership.

If I were an N.F.L. Head Coach, I'd wanna work for the Chiefs. (At least I think I would) reason I bring this up is because I just got thru listening to Clark Hunt speak with Chris Russo (Mad Dog)
- and btw, thank God we have Chris Russo! Gotta love Doggie! He doesn't show any favoritism. He asks the tough questions, he would make a helluva of an investigative journalist. At any rate, I really liked what I heard from Clark Hunt. Seems like a really great easy going guy.
Oh, and does not see Andy Reid retiring after the season.
Besides that, Chris Russo did ask about that Dolphins Chiefs game - and tye future of what's going to happen with streaming.
And, what I learned is that 23 million knuckle heads actually watched that Dolphin Chiefs game. Now, millions probably already had Paramount or whatever channel it was but, I was crushed when I heard that number. So absolutely expect to see another playoff game next year on Peacock?
max808

Post by max808 »

You'd be a great asset to the Chiefs Mac!
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

max808 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:23 pm
You'd be a great asset to the Chiefs Mac!
Hehehe! I know, right!! 😎
Get fired the first day for taking pics of my knife and goofin off on the Spyderco Forum 😆 🤣 😂 😹
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Did yall hear about that robbery last night?
They gave Myles Garrett DPOY over TJ Watt
The N.F.L. is really getting hard to stomach anymore .... for me anyways.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

My wife bought 2 $25 squares at work this week, she managed to get to 6 and 3 and and 7 and 0, when there were only 5 squares left before numbers were drawn! Lets not hope for any safeties or two point conversions tonight!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:14 pm
My wife bought 2 $25 squares at work this week, she managed to get to 6 and 3 and and 7 and 0, when there were only 5 squares left before numbers were drawn! Lets not hope for any safeties or two point conversions tonight!
🤞
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Of course when we want KC to score a TD! Uggghhhh

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:11 pm
Of course when we want KC to score a TD! Uggghhhh
Oh man!! 😠
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Deebo! Rut-roh!!
This could be disastrous for San Fran!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

These rbs with the fumbles, Greenlaw's freak injury, and now Deebo. Heck even CMC got lucky early when it looked like he got rolled up on. Nothing dirty, but wow!!

-Rick