NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm truly in a state of "shock"!! It's been a few days and I still can't digest it. I never in all my days ever thought that Carson Wentz would ever be a Kansas City Chief >:[

With all the young talent out there why would Brett Veach take on Wentz as Sir Patrick's back up QB :confounded :confounded

Who knows maybe they'll take Lord Brady out of retirement if Wentz this doesn't work out.

This is getting to be a really strange world we live in.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Wentz can still be a decent back up for if whatizface gets dinged for a game or two. Wentz has a lot of experience and knowing he is a back up and not a franchise with all that stress can do a lot of the stuff on the sideline and in the film room to help carry the burden.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The Mastiff wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:02 am
Wentz can still be a decent back up for if whatizface gets dinged for a game or two. Wentz has a lot of experience and knowing he is a back up and not a franchise with all that stress can do a lot of the stuff on the sideline and in the film room to help carry the burden.
Well maybe it will be a good move. You make some good points about him knowing he's not going to be the main man come September. Actually I'm also surprised that Wentz would take a back up role like that. Because as long as he's been in the league I figured he would rather be a QB for a mediocre team rather than a back up.

This might be where Brett Veach is showing his genius. However I am still baffled by the move overall. There has been other acquisitions I also questioned in the past that worked out. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

This might be where Brett Veach is showing his genius. However I am still baffled by the move overall. There has been other acquisitions I also questioned in the past that worked out. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.
I don't know if it's genius or just a prudent move to have a vet that can come in and not wiff. KC expects to be a playoff team every season and Mahomes has been pretty durable. If he goes out I'd expect it to not be a whole season and the few games he is gone shouldn't be a throwaway year if you have a decent back up. Wentz has the experience and has done generally well until he gets pounded . A few games a year should be good for him. I doubt he will destroy the teams chemistry either. Not the Chiefs any ways.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

It's like the Chiefs are King Midas and Pittsburgh is King Midus in reverse 🙄
It's good to be a Chiefs fan
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:16 pm
It's like the Chiefs are King Midas and Pittsburgh is King Midus in reverse 🙄
It's good to be a Chiefs fan
It wasn't always that way. The Schottenheimer years from 88 to 99 were a constant ongoing disappointment. The teams were great during the regular season but they always choked in the playoffs. It seemed to be a trademark of Marty Schottenheimer going all the way back to his Cleveland Brown days.

To be truthful I wasn't all that excited when Clark Hunt brought in Andy Reid to be the head coach. His final two years in Philly had me suspect. But now I have to agree that Eagles owner Jeff Lurie may have been the problem all along>> because he tends to be a control freak similar to Jerry Jones of the Cowboys.

Also when they drafted Sir Patrick in 2017 everything changed here in KC.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Anyone else expecting their team to totally fumble the draft tonight?

No, just Patriots fans? Got it! 👌🤦‍♂️
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Nick, congratulations man!
Drake Maye is the real deal man
I was absolutely shocked when Washington took Jaylen Daniels over Drake Maye!
I've watched Daniels since he was at ASU under Herm Edward's and he is nowhere near the QB Drake Maye is man
Happy days ahead for the Pats again!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:29 pm
Nick, congratulations man!
Drake Maye is the real deal man
I was absolutely shocked when Washington took Jaylen Daniels over Drake Maye!
I've watched Daniels since he was at ASU under Herm Edward's and he is nowhere near the QB Drake Maye is man
Happy days ahead for the Pats again!
I hope so! I’m just glad they didn’t trade back or take JJ McCarthy at third overall.

I’ll take your word for it on Maye because I’m honestly not that familiar with his play yet. I gotta watch more videos of him playing and his highlights before I form a solid opinion.

I do like how he has handled himself in his post-draft press appearances so far though. He’s a likable kid at least. I’ve already heard comparisons to Gronks personality, so if he brings some life back to the team, he will be a quick fan favorite.

I personally think Jayden Daniels has a real chance to be the best QB from this draft class. With their first round pick I wanted the Pats to get either Jayden Daniels, Marvin Harrison Jr., or Drake Maye - in that order. Again though, I’m least familiar with Drake Maye so I may end up preferring this pick after I watch more of his film.

———

While we’re talking about the draft… what the h*ll were the Bills thinking by trading with the Chiefs and just handing them the fastest receiver in the draft?! If Xavier Worthy can be anything like Tyreek Hill was for them, it’s all over. Three-peat incoming!
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Maye is so far ahead of Daniels man.....Maye is the real deal.
I've watched Daniels since he was with Herm Edwards at Arizona State and he was terrible
Imo, he only had the success he had at LSU because of that LSU line and being able to rely on his legs.
That being said, had Drake Maye transferred to LSU or the like and believe me Nick, he had the opportunities! I think he actually turned down 5 million to transfer to an SEC school - I never heard which. He turned it down because he is a Tar Heel thru and thru. He's super loyal, smart, poised and a **** cannon for an arm
He CAN read defenses and cope with them
Shoot man, had May taken a transfer to a big SEC school, then he would've been the Hiesman and overall #1 draft pick. No doubt about imo
I'm serious Nick, your gonna be thrilled man....