NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:55 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:54 am
Giants and Patriots are so terrible that they couldn't combine their rosters, take the best players from all positions and form a team between the two of them and they STILL wouldn't make the playoffs!
LOL! Unfortunately, that’s too true. The Patriots might have the worst offense in the league at the moment. Still a lot of time to build up the roster but I think it’s safe to say they won’t be doing it through free agency. Not sure I trust them with the 3rd overall pick either! :grimace
How did the Patriots go into the toilet as quick as they did?? And it couldn't just be that Lord Brady got traded to the Bucs?? There had to be a lot more to it than that I would think?? I've been really confused as to how the Pats went down so fast??

I'm also super confused as to why Mr. Belichick hasn't already had some good job offers. You would think that with his resume they would have been fighting for his services??
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Giants and Patriots are so terrible that they couldn't combine their rosters, take the best players from all positions and form a team between the two of them and they STILL wouldn't make the playoffs!
With all that being said it just doesn't make any sense that the Giants would let Saquon Barkley walk out the door. He was one of the few really good players on that roster.

Whereas the KC Chiefs continue to stack the deck with their off season acquisitions. Nothing in the NFL is making much sense IMO??
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The Chargers, that's a team that's really blowing my mind!! You sign Herbert to a monster contract...then trade away Ekeler and Allen, and release Williams. That's the entire offense right there!! I feel bad for Chargers fans, that's just nuts.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, I'm a happy camper now 😃
Why? You ask.....
Well, Kenny Picket was sent to the other side of the state which leaves Russell and Mason. I expect Russell to have the kitchen completely burnt to ashes by week 4.
Then, it'll be my man Mason Rudolph behind the wheel 😃
I mean, they didn't even try for Kirk Cousins so there's that I reckon.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

And while I'm at it, may I add that my greatest hope/dream for Pittsburgh or Mason actually, is that he faces the Browns in the Playoffs and on the last play of the game runs a bootleg to Myles Garrett's side of the field and in a one on one situation with Garrett, Mason deliveres an epic basically unbelievable juke to Garrett, thus causing Garrett to tear BOTH ACL's out at the same time whilst Mason crosses the goal line delivering a playoff victory over the Browns.
And of course, that it isn't a streaming playoff game 😉
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Url doesn't seem to work
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Dam,.I could shoot Mike Tomlin about right now!!
Bad enough to get Russell Wilson- now.we have Justin Fields too! What the ****? Why get tye 2 worst qbs in the NFL????
Mason Rudolph played far better than either last year!
I hope this little stunt gets Tomlin fired.
He was the one that really liked Justin Fields.
I can't even believe this chit
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Rich Eison goin on about what a good job the Steelers did for getting those 2 for hardly anything ......lol, well I wonder why Rich!!?? Yeah, the Steelers front office and Tomlin are just that slick and good and the Broncos and Bears just got fleeced........ yeah right.
One thing is for sure though..
By the end of next season Tomlin will have both lost the locker room and his winning regular season record.
Man, I'm done with Pittsburgh.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Trying to decide on a new fave team.
Probably be whoever hires Bill Belichick....if he gets hired.
If not, and that coupled with the streaming pay per view Playoff Games - I may be done for good.
I don't wanna be but, there's absolutely no doubt, that more and more and more Playoff games will be pay per view.
That in itself is just absolutely asinine, ludicrous, just bein a dam dog - as much as they're making- to want even more.
May they have the fate of Crassus
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:12 am
Trying to decide on a new fave team.
Probably be whoever hires Bill Belichick....if he gets hired.
If not, and that coupled with the streaming pay per view Playoff Games - I may be done for good.
I don't wanna be but, there's absolutely no doubt, that more and more and more Playoff games will be pay per view.
That in itself is just absolutely asinine, ludicrous, just bein a dam dog - as much as they're making- to want even more.
May they have the fate of Crassus
For the life of me I can't understand why someone didn't take Bill Belichick immediately after he was let go. But also I can't understand why a team that he won all those Superbowls with would fire him in the first place. But I also can't understand why they let Lord Brady go in the last 3 to 4 years he played.

But Brett Veach ( Chief's General Manager) is sure stacking the deck for a serious run at a Three-Peat. And I seriously doubt if Andy Reid retires anytime soon. He finally got a QB that can seriously produce for him. He ain't gonna let it go either.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Joe I can't see any reason why the Chiefs wouldn't 3-peat.
I really don't. Mahomes will only get better.
That's scary
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Again, I’m going to go ahead and guarantee that the Chiefs win Superbowl 59. I don’t need to know how a single roster ends up being composed, the Chiefs are going to win it all again no matter what. Precious Patrick will do something Brady never did and the NFL is just licking their chops thinking about the revenue that will create. Just imagine being able to market a QB who is “better than Tom Brady!” - because the league has been imagining that for years now.

I don’t know if you guys ever watched WWF under the impression that it was real but I know I did as a kid in the 90s. When my older brother told me that it was actually fake, I refused to believe him. It took a while but I eventually did too understand that it was all predetermined and essentially just fake. I was devastated! I was literally never able to watch as passionately as I once did. I lost all ambition to care about anything happening in the ring because I knew it was all just fake to begin with.

I feel the exact same way again about the NFL these days. I just can’t watch it the way I once used to. Especially after this past season where it felt like they were rubbing it in our faces. The signs this season felt more obvious than ever to me.
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:37 am
And while I'm at it, may I add that my greatest hope/dream for Pittsburgh or Mason actually, is that he faces the Browns in the Playoffs and on the last play of the game runs a bootleg to Myles Garrett's side of the field and in a one on one situation with Garrett, Mason deliveres an epic basically unbelievable juke to Garrett, thus causing Garrett to tear BOTH ACL's out at the same time whilst Mason crosses the goal line delivering a playoff victory over the Browns.
And of course, that it isn't a streaming playoff game 😉
LOL! Love it! 👏 I’m right there with you too, I’m just going to refuse to watch any pay per view games. Even on amazon, which I own, I will not watch those games based on principle.
JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:48 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:55 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
LOL! Unfortunately, that’s too true. The Patriots might have the worst offense in the league at the moment. Still a lot of time to build up the roster but I think it’s safe to say they won’t be doing it through free agency. Not sure I trust them with the 3rd overall pick either! :grimace
How did the Patriots go into the toilet as quick as they did?? And it couldn't just be that Lord Brady got traded to the Bucs?? There had to be a lot more to it than that I would think?? I've been really confused as to how the Pats went down so fast??

I'm also super confused as to why Mr. Belichick hasn't already had some good job offers. You would think that with his resume they would have been fighting for his services??
To answer your first question, it’s obviously way more complicated than this but to put it very simply - the Krafts. They’re extraordinarily cheap for being… billionaires! Also the power dynamic between them and Belichick was erupting and it was clearly effecting the team negatively. Basically, I blame the krafts for the teams downfall to this point.

On your second question about Belichick, I don’t know but I think he was probably extremely selective about the position he took. If he continues coaching, I believe it will be primarily to beat the all time wins record. Therefore I think he wants to find the right situation and isn’t willing to settle for a long term project or rebuild. I think his best choice would be to retire.
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Good summation Nick!
I belive that's exactly what Belichick is doing.
Just waiting for the right opening.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I'm not ready to totally agree that the NFL is as fake as the WWF used to be. But on the other hand I don't remember a year in the NFL in which the officiating throughout the entire league was as bad as it was this past season. It does seem like Patrick Mahomes is now the NFL's biggest marketing tool at this point. You can't pull up any Youtube video on any NFL talk news show where Sir Patrick isn't mentioned several times throughout the show. >> oh!! and not to mention the Taylor Swift soap opera on the side.

The more I think about it something just doesn't seem right about the Chiefs winning the Superbowl this past season. Because throughout the year the team did so many completely stupid mistakes ( especially receivers constantly dropping passes). I don't even remember any Chiefs team ever having so many drops in one season.

And I was shocked that they won all 3 of their playoff games and the Superbowl. Something just didn't seem right about it. It was as though it was a completely different team in the post-season. In that playoff game with the Ravens it was like Lamar Jackson simply gave up. I'm still scratching my head on that one.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, I will say Joe, that had that Divisional playoff game been in Miami and not sub-zero Arrowhead the Chiefs may very well have been defeated.
That playoff game was all home field advantage
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

@JD Spydo Thats not what I meant. What I mean is that I feel the same way watching NFL games now as I felt when I was watching WWF matches when I was 10 years old and learned it’s fake. Just heartbroken.

Whether or not that makes sense… I don’t know. 🤷‍♂️

These NFL games obviously aren’t choreographed to the level that a WWF match is but I’ve seen enough now that nothing will convince me that these NFL games are not predetermined by the league and intentionally manipulated by the officials.

The totally inept officiating with absolutely zero accountability is the straw that broke the camels back for me. The way the officials manipulate the games is too obvious for me to keep ignoring.

The Chiefs are write ins to win the Super Bowl again this year. Guaranteed.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

And THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE...because STONE COLD SAID SO! :party-face :cheap-sunglasses
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:52 am
And THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE...because STONE COLD SAID SO! :party-face :cheap-sunglasses
:rofl

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well just when you think there is nothing to add to this lengthy thread the NFL in all it's wisdom comes up with a new rule.

This new HIP DROP TACKLE Rule is truly going to change tackle football as we have known it for decades. From what I gathered from the Pat McAfee Show it will be a 15 yard penalty and will be up to the discretion of the officials ( when their bad calls are already at an all time high). How on God's blue planet are defensive NFL players going to be able to do their job?????!!!!! Heck they have so much protection for Quarterbacks now that they can virtually call a penalty on most every play where the QB is involved.

Hey People!!!! It's "Tackle Football" for crying out loud!!!! Every player out there assumes the risk of the game when they put on a uniform!!! I thought all the newer rules protecting QBs was outrageous enough but this new tackling rule might just kill the game we have all loved for decades. What's next from the brilliant mind of Roger Goodell and company??? !!!! this is a complete outrage!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

God, I miss my old Steelers!
Now, THIS is a loaded QB Room! :smirk