Aftermarket DLC coating experiences?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spyderwebs

Aftermarket DLC coating experiences?

Post by Spyderwebs »

I like DLC. It has a nice look, is super hard, and helps a little with corrosion resistance. I'm thinking of doing it to one or 2 of my knives with an aftermarket DLC coating service.

Are there any annealing concerns with CruWear, S90V or 15V in particular? I commonly see temps of 350F / 180c used during plating.

Are there any issues plating a SE? (How do they keep the edge dlc free?)

I see packages to get the liners done too. Any issues coating liners? Or anyone do this and have feedback?

Can anyone with a good DLC coating experience recommend shops that did this well for you?

In general I'm looking for user feedback on any aspect of aftermarket DLC coating services, things to consider, good platers, etc.

Thanks!
vivi

Re: Aftermarket DLC coating experiences?

Post by vivi »

I tried searching and couldn't find it, but there was a member here that got his K390/G10 Police 4 cerakoted. He'd be a good person to talk to.
:unicorn
panth74

Post by panth74 »

Way of knife has a DLC service. I saw someone that used it on a CRK. Looked very nice. Not sure if they still do it or not.
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Josh from REK has a great reputation for his DLC coating

https://rekknives.com/dlc/
-Turbo
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:22 pm
I tried searching and couldn't find it, but there was a member here that got his K390/G10 Police 4 cerakoted. He'd be a good person to talk to.
It was DLC, done by Josh at REK.

looks like Marty Bill hasn't been around here lately tho.
marty_bill_ wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:37 pm
The P4 DLC job I had https://www.razoredgeknives.com/ do is completed! I don't have it in hand yet, but when I do I'll give you some shots of the liners. 439.jpeg438.jpeg