Apologies - 2023 Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Apologies - 2023 Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale

Post by TazKristi »

We would like to sincerely thank everyone for their interest in the Factory Seconds Sale! The volume of traffic on our website was unprecedented. We know there were challenges and frustrations. We hear you. We’ve read every thread/post and comment on our forum and social accounts. Rather than address them point by point, we’d simply like to say, we’re sorry. We are making improvements, and we will continue to strive to do better in the future. We genuinely appreciate each and every one of you.

We are working to resolve any outstanding issues since the close of the 2023 Online Factory Seconds Sale and get orders processed and shipped as soon as possible. We’re still “listening” and appreciate your comments & feedback!
Apologies.jpg
There is nothing more important than this one day.
nerdlock

Re: Apologies - 2023 Spyderco Online Factory Seconds Sale

Post by nerdlock »

MUCH APPRECIATION to Sal and you Ms Kristi, and the rest of the Spyderco management, for holding the sale again, and for acknowledging the shortcomings of the whole event - and despite all the challenges, are still working hard to pack and ship all the orders, as well as promising improvements.

In all honesty you all could have just been silent on the whole matter and swept it under the rug. This gesture should not be a surprise for Spyderco fans worldwide, because your company's aim is integrity and excellence.

Thank you and we all cannot wait to receive our orders from the sale, and we look forward for more online events like this so fans from around the world can participate again, next time hopefully with a vastly improved user experience.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Always a class act. :respect :bug-white
-Nick :bug-red
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

Thanks Kristi and Spyderco team for this words.
Integrity is .....

ASF
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

No need to apologize for anything when spyderco did nothing wrong. Truth is spyderco has a desirable product for knife users and enthusiasts. It happens to nearly any website with high traffic. Which is quite normal.
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
vivi

Post by vivi »

I said it in other threads but I'd like to post it here too.

While I got frustrated at times with the website not loading for hours, that was the only frustrating part.

Dealing with the people that make up the company, my interactions were overwhelmingly positive. It's a sign of strong character keeping your composure during such a busy shift.
:unicorn
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

No apologies needed
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Thank you and looking forward to a possible 2024 online seconds sale!
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Thank you Spyderco and all the great people who work there!
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

I hope all the Spydernauts at the mothership have a good weekend and get lots of rest. That couldn’t have been easy.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Thanks Spyderco and staff for working hard to put on this event it is greatly appreciated. While I was frustrated and disappointed during this sale, as I was not able to order, I will still be first in line on the next seconds sale. You guys really do 99% of everything great, unfortunately it includes making a great product EVERYONE wants overwhelming your servers.

Also a shout out to your website developer. I called to get my account unblocked from the 8002 error, left my name. While it was not unblocked in time for me to buy anything I was not forgotten about and today it was fixed. Great job on their part, amazing customer service.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
rooster81

Post by rooster81 »

Yup, no apologies necessary. Most folks wouldn't be able to go to the store anyways, so an online seconds sale is a privilege.
im25feetup

Post by im25feetup »

Thanks for offering the sale. I for one wouldn’t be able to drive to Golden for an in person seconds sale. I’m excited to receive a Mystery box, think it’s a great idea. For every one negative person commenting online, many happy people sit at home with cool new knives that they would not otherwise have.
Erion929

Post by Erion929 »

im25feetup wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:59 pm
For every one negative person commenting online, many happy people sit at home with cool new knives

We can all chalk it up and let it go….but, be honest, no way that’s true.

Still, will look forward to new Spyderco buys :cheap-sunglasses

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Erion929 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:50 pm
im25feetup wrote:
For every one negative person commenting online, many happy people sit at home with cool new knives

Don't come into the apology thread with your BS like the other threads. Why would someone like you with the prettiest little Manix around be so interested in discount knives with defects and feel your need to cry in all 3 threads anyways?? Some of you guys make this place insufferable these days...no wonder so many of the regulars during my 6 years here on a daily basis, have left the forum or are rarely around these days. Christ.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
vivi

Post by vivi »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:17 pm
Erion929 wrote:
im25feetup wrote:

Don't come into the apology thread with your BS like the other threads. Why would someone like you with the prettiest little Manix around be so interested in discount knives with defects and feel your need to cry in all 3 threads anyways?? Some of you guys make this place insufferable these days...no wonder so many of the regulars during my 6 years here on a daily basis, have left the forum or are rarely around these days. Christ.
Bro.

You need this. Badly.

:unicorn
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:57 pm

You need this. Badly.

👍🏽

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I don't know fella's, I've had a lot PM's thanking me for speaking up the past few days. I don't think I'm some kind of bad a$$ or leader, but sometimes things need to be said.

Rusty, get over it. You're still butt hurt over my comments about the Reddit Swap page like 3 years ago...we were fine anytime before that. I don't need your long, thought out reply intended to be all funny in your purple font.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Ric

Post by Ric »

Thanks a lot!!!
Erion929

Post by Erion929 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:17 pm
Erion929 wrote:
im25feetup wrote:

It was frustration on my part….and I quit cryin’ about it. I wasn’t cryin’ about it in that post, just saying be truthful to how it went down.