Positive improvements in marketing, social media and other things that I’ve seen recently

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Candyman

Positive improvements in marketing, social media and other things that I’ve seen recently

Post by Candyman »

Hey guys, I just wanted to comment on a few, what I’d call improvements that has made me very happy.

First is that it seems that spyderco has recently up their presence on social media posts throughout which has been really nice to see. The posts are always informative and it’s great to see them coming in more often. Also, just advertising in general seems to be structured extremely well.

Second is that they have been actively letting us know before hand on shows that they will be at instead of finding out afterwards. More of the shows that are not specifically marketed for knives. This will give people a chance to possibly see them at a show close to their home, especially since some cannot make it to the normal knife shows or the factory.

Third, the under MAP super sales that have popped up twice now are so much fun and just a great way to give an opportunity for someone to try a knife at a good price point that they normally might not ever buy.

Lastly the online seconds sale. Once again another great way for someone to have an opportunity to try a knife that they normally wouldn’t and find out that they may have a totally different opinion on that style of knife.

Just want to say these types of things are greatly appreciated and definitely don’t go unnoticed with myself and the majority of folks in the knife community.

Rich
Think for yourself
nerdlock

Re: Positive improvements in marketing, social media and other things that I’ve seen recently

Post by nerdlock »

I noticed these too, Rich. Spyderco has been popping up more frequently in my social media accounts. Always a good idea to boost up the online presence in these days and age.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Michael Janich

Re: Positive improvements in marketing, social media and other things that I’ve seen recently

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Candyman and nerdlock:

Thank you very much for your posts and the kind words. We have been trying to up our game and it's gratifying to know that folks are noticing. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Stay safe,

Mike
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

The online seconds sales are also excellent for international customers !!
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Rival22

Post by Rival22 »

Their Instagram has gotten better... In the past it seemed more like an afterthought with holiday posts or whatever. Now, it looks like they've invested some more effort into marketing. There are so many models to share design notes or history about, etc.

Buck is my other favorite knife brand, and their Instagram is great... Daily photos with EXCELLENT photography, and quick videos (reels or whatever they're called) of new models, etc. I've gotten interested (and bought) some knives that I probably wouldn't have looked twice at.
4V / BD1N / CRUWEAR / K390 / LC200N / M4 / MagnaCut / REX45
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

it's definitely been nice to start seeing more of a presence online.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Michael Janich wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:08 am
Dear Candyman and nerdlock:

Thank you very much for your posts and the kind words. We have been trying to up our game and it's gratifying to know that folks are noticing. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Stay safe,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Always good to see your professionalism in Spyderco videos, I always like to think you are very convincing in promoting Spyderco products because you are a knife designer yourself, among other accomplishments. Hope to see you in more Spyderco social media posts.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Rival22 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:43 am
Their Instagram has gotten better... In the past it seemed more like an afterthought with holiday posts or whatever. Now, it looks like they've invested some more effort into marketing. There are so many models to share design notes or history about, etc.

I agree...with Spyderco's very rich and colorful history, they can always make a lot of short clips showcasing the history and design thoughts of their knives throughout the years. That alone will make for a lot of IG/facebook posts!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Candyman wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:19 pm
Third, the under MAP super sales that have popped up twice now are so much fun and just a great way to give an opportunity for someone to try a knife at a good price point that they normally might not ever buy.

The two Spyderco super sales in November 2022 and July 2023 were great. It’s an opportunity to buy brand new Spyderco knives at around 50% off MSRP instead of the regular 30% off MSRP. For most people these purchases are items which they otherwise wouldn’t have purchased. It’s something which benefits both consumers and dealers.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

I like the YouTube shorts they've been putting out. It helps to give a face to the name.

This one really shows off the color of the FRN:
- Richard
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Spyderco is on Twitter. If you're on Twitter/X, then give them a follow!

https://twitter.com/SpydercoKnives
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Erich

Post by Erich »

Those MAP sale are pure business. The Fed monetary tightening is choking asset values.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Uh, did you guys witness the same online seconds sale I did? 😳

I follow them on Instagram now. Hasn’t been useful so far but it’s always nice to see pretty knives in my feed.

The app however I still don’t understand. I’ve no use for it other than looking at reveals. And I would much prefer to use a web browser for that.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Ramonade wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:21 am
Not so sure about that myself since my track record still is only black and white waiting screens... so do not forget to order an extra cheap manix with that super computer of yours buddy because with my gear i can't get on that sale unless everything good has bin long gone... :winking-tongue
Last edited by apollo on Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

apollo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:36 am
Ramonade wrote:
Do not forget to order an extra cheap manix with that super computer of yours buddy because with my gear i can't get on that sale unless everything good has bin long gone... :winking-tongue
I think it might be more of a perseverance thing than a performance ! :winking-tongue But sure, it can be arranged :shush
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

apollo

Post by apollo »

Ramonade wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:40 am
apollo wrote:
Ramonade wrote:
Do not forget to order an extra cheap manix with that super computer of yours buddy because with my gear i can't get on that sale unless everything good has bin long gone... :winking-tongue
I think it might be more of a perseverance thing than a performance ! :winking-tongue But sure, it can be arranged :shush
Well i'm not sure about that because i started refreshing it 10 minuts before until 6 hours behind the opening of the sale 2 times already and i got zip :zany
standy99

Post by standy99 »

apollo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:44 am
Ramonade wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:40 am
apollo wrote:
Ramonade wrote:
Well i'm not sure about that because i started refreshing it 10 minuts before until 6 hours behind the opening of the sale 2 times already and i got zip :zany
A sale with these discounts is always going to be a win for some and not for all.

First seconds online sale (in Australia) i done well and snagged a few Native 5 Maxamets for me and a work mate.
Next one I was left with scraps but super lucky there was a Mule ZDP 189 :party-face

Last one there was nothing due to the interest.

Also being announced on instagram it was always going to bring the heat to a seconds sale

On Instagram (as have been making knives for a bit which all started with making mule handles) and have seen a greater and super polished Spyderco presence the last few months.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

apollo wrote:
Mmmh, in that case it must be because your "luck" setting is set too low in your browser !

apollo

Post by apollo »

Ramonade wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:01 am
apollo wrote:
Mmmh, in that case it must be because your "luck" setting is set too low in your browser !
Could be , please teach me my IT hero! :zany
Spyderwebs

Post by Spyderwebs »

Ditto to the OPs comments.

One related request - dont drop information solely on Insta/Twitter/FB - drop it here on the forum at the same time (or earlier) too.

Some of my other favorite brands only drop info on social media, and I have no interest in social so usually hear about the info 3rd hand which is a bummer.