Military 2 Carry

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How will you carry your new Military 2?

Tip Down - Right Hand (Factory Default)
31%
Tip Up - Right Hand
59%
Tip Down - Left Hand
2%
Tip Up - Left Hand
9%

Total votes: 58

RamZar

Military 2 Carry

Post by RamZar »

How will you carry your new Military 2?

Military 2 has clip holes for 4 positions.

Last edited by RamZar on Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
yablanowitz

Re: Military 2 Carry

Post by yablanowitz »

In the box, on the dealer's shelf.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

The clip position was the biggest reason I never gave the OG Military a chance. Tomorrow will be tip up right side for me.
•• Beau
RandomNick

Post by RandomNick »

Apart from the price the Military 2 doesn't have any features that I consider to be improvements. I'm sticking with the original as it's pretty much perfect to me.

But if I did carry one it would remain right hand, tip down.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

If/when they release a salt variant or a Tanto bladed option I will be carrying it RHTU. Until then I’ll be sticking to my current selection of fixed blades and folders, as I don’t find S30V particularly compelling compared to K390 or Magnacut.
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
dan31

Post by dan31 »

I would stay default, right side tip down. I am a Millie 1 fan. Enjoy the 2 any way you want to carry.
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

The Millie and my sole PM2 (Crucarta) are both tip down carry. They’re the only knives I carry tip down but they’d feel weird any other way. To me, the Millie family is tip down…it’s almost a “feature” with that particular family of knives. It’s nice to have the option but I don’t see myself taking advantage, personally.
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch
phaust

Post by phaust »

Tip down as all long bladed knives should be so your thumb is immediately at the hole :bug-red
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

You guys that make it a point to come onto every Military 2 thread and state that you wont be getting one are so cool.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

I'm sure I'll get one eventually, despite preferring the OG's liner lock. When I do, I'll carry it in my right hip pocket with the clip located in whichever position yields the most in-hand comfort. When I decide where to mount a clip, comfort in hand is my only consideration.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I love the Military. I love the linerlock. However, I hate sliding my hand past it in my right front pocket as the jimping on the thumb ramp tries to keep my hand out of my pocket. Looking forward to being able to buy a factory option with tip up carry.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

T-1000 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:46 am
You guys that make it a point to come onto every Military 2 thread and state that you wont be getting one are so cool.
I used to be cool :-|| but then I bought a Military 2. Now I'm super-cool :smiling-heart-eyes

I have never carried a Military, so new ground here. I carry all knives tip-up, so as soon as I can find a large swervy clip I will make the change and see how it feels. I believe that if I'm going to carry a PM2 or Millie, it will continue to be the PM2, but we'll see.
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

HolySteel wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:32 am
T-1000 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:46 am
I used to be cool :-|| but then I bought a Military 2. Now I'm super-cool :smiling-heart-eyes

I have never carried a Military, so new ground here. I carry all knives tip-up, so as soon as I can find a large swervy clip I will make the change and see how it feels. I believe that if I'm going to carry a PM2 or Millie, it will continue to be the PM2, but we'll see.
I traded my pm2 as soon as I got my first military.To me its the same knife, just more capable, like the adult version of the pm2. I don't mind tip down, and the linerlock on it is just about the best I have ever seen, but I do see the new changes as improvements and things that will make a near perfect knife even better. And I love that they didn't change the blade shape or mess with the handle too much, just a minor refinement. I will miss the pocjet clip on the original though, it's my favorite spyderco clip, but I'll live. Anyway, I'll prob go tip up.
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

T-1000 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:57 am
I traded my pm2 as soon as I got my first military.To me its the same knife, just more capable, like the adult version of the pm2. I don't mind tip down, and the linerlock on it is just about the best I have ever seen, but I do see the new changes as improvements and things that will make a near perfect knife even better. And I love that they didn't change the blade shape or mess with the handle too much, just a minor refinement. I will miss the pocjet clip on the original though, it's my favorite spyderco clip, but I'll live. Anyway, I'll prob go tip up.
I can see it being more capable in some situations - I just don't often need such a big knife in my pocket. But we'll see - it will absolutely get its opportunities. I'm thinking it will be great if my gf and I go camping and bring some steaks, eggplants, etc for grilling. But then, I'll have a large fixed blade since we don't backpack together. Cool knife regardless.

In any case, we're good now.

ImHereForTheMilitary2

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

Any updates on when this will be released? I preordered mine on bladehq ages ago
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

ImHereForTheMilitary2 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:54 pm
Any updates on when this will be released? I preordered mine on bladehq ages ago
They are slowly appearing at dealers now. It shouldn't be too much longer before you get a notification from BHQ.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Assuming you preordered the Military 2 Satin Plain Edge from BladeHQ they’re trickling in to US dealers as we speak. Give it another couple of weeks.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Clip position switched. Feels ok with the stock clip but I'll probably throw on an aftermarket clip eventually, just to test it out.
•• Beau
ImHereForTheMilitary2

Post by ImHereForTheMilitary2 »

RamZar wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:34 pm

Assuming you preordered the Military 2 Satin Plain Edge from BladeHQ they’re trickling in to US dealers as we speak. Give it another couple of weeks.
Great news thank you! And yes, that's exactly what I ordered. Just the regular old fashioned style
vivi

Post by vivi »

The Military looks really good with the clip in the right position.
:unicorn