Graceful Transition. A M398 to Aebl Story

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
ykspydiefan

Graceful Transition. A M398 to Aebl Story

Post by ykspydiefan »

I'm not the only one to notice how the M398 Mule gracefully transitioned to, "Out of Stock" nearly the same time the Aebl Mule came, "In Stock." No empty shelf, no FOMO, happy customers. Aebl Mule happily holds the title, "In Stock" until... well...

The Mule Team has transitioned from a rather hard to get into program, to a program with regular stock, and stock that has stayed around, in my opinion, the perfect amount of time.

The up coming 15v BBB Mule aught to test shelf life, I predict short shelf life.

More importantly, for any newcomer to the Mule Team who sits hitting refresh and dreams of a 15v Mule... and misses when it sells out immediately. Well, they can still check out with a Mule in the cart, they can still get going and play the Mule game.
FOMO cured, program works, people happy.... :smlling-eyes :hugging-face :smiling-hearts. Looking forward to Rex T15 too :face monocle

Thanks Spyderco

But seriously no one will cure the volume of 15v Mule BBB FOMO.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
spook2517

Re: Graceful Transition. A M398 to Aebl Story

Post by spook2517 »

I’d guess it’s all supply and demand. I don’t think it was ever to create ultra rares, but companies need to be smart. Spyderco has learned from what we want. I joined the program late and it went away for a bit. Spyderco is a company, Mules need to make a profit or they can’t continue to carry it. I think the new method just makes better business sense.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:55 am

But seriously no one will cure the volume of 15v Mule BBB FOMO.
I don’t think the FOMO for any steel is an issue for me. I have probably 10-12+ steels in mules and the odd one wouldn’t worry me.
Battling to put a handle on the last 5 with 7 already with different handles and 7 different steels.

The Magnacut FOMO disappeared quickly for most as other knives from several brands came out for people
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

The FOMO is a big thing on 15V for sure. I landed a Manix 2, great blade on that thing. Also have been considering a Shaman and a slightly increased price - I like the PM2 as well and think it seems very appropriate for a great high-edgeholding slicer steel. Trying to cut my expenses a bit so I only bought the M2.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Thanks for the reply guys,

In a way it does seem like the next hot steel, or exciting platform is like the next breath, always happening, even when I am asleep.

I too am cutting expenses, keeping the powder dry for mostly Mules.

As for change in the Mule Team program, it is nice to have a Mule in stock for a week. Then, if one has an issue or concern with their Mule there is a hope of an exchange for a new Mule. Sure, a refund is always on the table, but everyone wants the Mule in hand.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, Catcherman, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

I'm predicting the 15V Mule to stay in stock much longer than anyone anticipates thanks to Spyderco limiting the purchase to two per household.
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

kennbr34 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 8:40 pm
I'm predicting the 15V Mule to stay in stock much longer than anyone anticipates thanks to Spyderco limiting the purchase to two per household.
So far it has out-lasted the Magna-Cut Mule! I recommended my friend to get one.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

I'm surprised that 15V BBB has lasted as long as it has. Also, thankful that we can recommend it to a friend and not set them up for too much disappointment.

I'm just glad that there is stuff on the shelf and no one has to leave the barn with out a Mule. Sure, 15V BBB will sell out, as they all do but the Spy27 should be there for all.