LC200N Ladybug FFG possibility?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rizz

LC200N Ladybug FFG possibility?

Post by rizz »

Reason being is because Spyderco has a fancy shotglass with a LC200N ladybug ffg blade inserted in it. Wondering if this might be a knife on the horizon.
I like ladybugs.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: LC200N Ladybug FFG possibility?

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

That would be cool and if it becomes a reality I’d be onboard…also wishing for an lc200n Dfly…both would be in my cart 👊
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I was really sure they'd do a FFG Dragonfly 2 but the current version is one of the best hollow grinds they do so if they did one in LC I would be getting one solely for the steel and not so much for the grind. At this point I'm expecting them to make more Salts in MagnaCut when it's more readily available.

As for a Ladybug, the current hollow grind Salt version is a bit of a brick for it's size so I would absolutely be in for one in FFG. I have the FFG ZDP Ladybug and it's a heck of a slicer for how small it is, but comparing the two you can really tell how old it's getting, the close bias is totally different from the Salt version and it barely closes itself anymore. I guess that could also be a weak lock spring.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
razorburn

Post by razorburn »

Another reason to get another Ladybug and while we're on the subject, why not also offer the Hawkbill in LC200N with a plain edge.