MT37P - AEB-L Mule Team Dropping Soon

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

MT37P - AEB-L Mule Team Dropping Soon

Post by TazKristi »

We're happy to announce the MT37P – AEB-L Mule Team will be released on Tuesday, 18-Apr-2023, at 09:00 am MDT.

MSRP: $80.00 (USD) (Additional Discounts Do Not Apply)

Mule Team handle scales (MTGBK) and sheaths (MTLSH) and (MTSH) will also be available through SFO (sold separately).

Shipping information can be found here.

Check out the next post in this thread for tips for purchasing successfully.

Don't forget to come back and share your experience in the Mule Team sub-forum! We can't wait to see what everyone does next!

:bug-red

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TazKristi

Re: MT37P - AEB-L Mule Team Dropping Soon

Post by TazKristi »

Tips & Tricks to Improve Your Mule Team Shopping Experience!

If you have an account on Spyderco.com - Log into it ahead of time and ensure that your billing, shipping addresses, and contact information are correct and current.

If you do not have an account on Spyderco.com - Register NOW and ensure your information is correct and current.

If your Spyderco.com billing address does not match the billing address associated with your card, your purchase may be declined – that is something outside of our control. Even a simple typo of one character can cause a declined transaction.

On the day of the release, log into your account a few minutes earlier than the release time (09:00 am MDT).

Have your payment information ready to enter. We do not store credit card information on our site, but if you are comfortable storing it in your browser, I highly recommend doing so ahead of time. You might also take a minute to call your card company (the day before the release) and let them know you will be making a purchase on Spyderco.com. This can prevent any confusion about potential fraud during the transaction.

If there are other items you want to purchase at the same time, add those to your cart a few minutes before the release. This will allow you to go straight to checkout once you have added the Mule to your cart.

Do you use a VPN? You might want to disable it during the release. VPNs definitely have their place and can be a valuable tool. Unfortunately, a shocking number of VPN IPs are associated with spammers and fraudsters. Those IPs can be blocked from our site if we have encountered fraud or issues in the past. If you’d like to check the status of your IP before the release, check here.

And finally, if possible, ensure you are connected with a stable internet connection with the fastest connection speed possible. We know this is not a possibility for everyone, but the truth is, the faster and more stable your connection, the easier it is to shop during popular releases.

We have done everything that we can do on our end to improve stability and speed, but there are a lot of variables outside of our control. My hope is that these tips will help improve your experience.

Thanks much!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Thank you Kristi!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Unluckycharm

Post by Unluckycharm »

Looking forward to this one!
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Wow! Wasn't expecting AEB-L next! Somewhere I'd gotten the idea that AEB-L was an inexpensive steel but apparently not.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Bolster wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:31 am
Wow! Wasn't expecting AEB-L next! Somewhere I'd gotten the idea that AEB-L was an inexpensive steel but apparently not.
AEB-L is inexpensive, but maybe the higher price is due to more involved heat treat? Or maybe it is just the new normal for Mule release pricing? I've no idea.

I want one, but I likely will not be successful.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
bobartig

Post by bobartig »

Woo! New Mule!! I can't wait to try a high-toughness Mule. Hopefully I can get a few and not be afraid to really test them hard. Can't wait get this and really compare/contrast with the Rex76 and M398.
Davidspeed13

Post by Davidspeed13 »

Will there be a one, two, or other per household purchase limit on this mule release? I’m debating between trying to purchase two or three if that is allowed for this AEB-L mule. This mule would make a good gift for a couple of my friends, as well as keeping one for my personal use.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Davidspeed13 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:55 am
Will there be a one, two, or other per household purchase limit on this mule release? I’m debating between trying to purchase two or three if that is allowed for this AEB-L mule. This mule would make a good gift for a couple of my friends, as well as keeping one for my personal use.
Hi, Davidspeed13:
Welcome to our forum. There will not be a limit on this release.

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

I was un... aeb-l... to see this one coming. Thanks for the info Kristi.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bobartig wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:30 am
Woo! New Mule!! I can't wait to try a high-toughness Mule. Hopefully I can get a few and not be afraid to really test them hard. Can't wait get this and really compare/contrast with the Rex76 and M398.
If you like edge retention, this is not the steel for you.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Bolster wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:31 am
It's being manufactured in Italy, so the labor and transport costs are greater much like most of Europe.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Well, I was getting impatient, perfect timing !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

defenestrate wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:29 pm
It's being manufactured in Italy, so the labor and transport costs are greater much like most of Europe.

I see, that explains. Say, how did you know where the AEBL was being made? That's some good research skills ya got there.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I guess the Italian maker had a ready supply of AEB-L and they have prior experience, so it all makes sense.

tcarltonw wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:21 pm
🥁🥁🥁
He's here all week, folks. Don't forget to tip your waitress.
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Oh, and If I can get one, I will try a vivi course edge on it to see if the performance improves similar to H1 with that edge style.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Davidspeed13

Post by Davidspeed13 »

TazKristi wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:01 am
Davidspeed13 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:55 am
Hi, Davidspeed13:
Welcome to our forum. There will not be a limit on this release.

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
Kristi, thank you for the prompt reply and information. I’m not really new to the forum. I just tend to read more than comment, but I have made the occasional comment over the past few years.

DSpeed
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:42 pm
I guess the Italian maker had a ready supply of AEB-L and they have prior experience, so it all makes sense.

tcarltonw wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:21 pm
🥁🥁🥁
He's here all week, folks. Don't forget to tip your waitress.
*Shoots finger guns*
sal

Post by sal »

We chased it down because you asked for it. We gave the maker Shawn's heat treat. Be sure to let us know what you think?

sal
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Definitely looking forward to trying the heat treat. <Setting alarm for the 18th>