Let’s see that 15V!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Wandering_About

Re: Let’s see that 15V!

Post by Wandering_About »

Thought I'd add a few from a recent trip to the mountains.

Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
_centurio_

Post by _centurio_ »

Morning hike with daughter, wife and dog 😉

Wandering_About

Will have to get some better pics sometime later, but kinda excited to have a full Spyderco 15V family. I held out on getting the Shaman for a long time, thinking it was a model that wasn't for me. Have had this one less than 24 hours and already figured out I was quite wrong. It's a bit chonky and heavy so may never become my most carried knife, but wow is this a cool and well designed knife!

Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Literally all the knives anyone would need right there.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Wandering_About

I could really do with just the PM2, and maybe the Mule, but building a collection of this series was fun. The Shaman was a lucky find, lightly used for a very fair price.

MNOSD member #0035
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

Sadly the only 15V I have is the mule. I want a PM2 sooooooo bad in it. I had a seconds in my cart and was so excited but after many many many tries I was never able to check out and then they were gone. 😢😞
But this mule is a really nice knife and it gave me the opportunity to try my hand at making my own scales. I bought a pair of Micarta slabs off knife builder along with the barrel spacers and screws (thanks to this site I was able to find what size I needed!). I was very limited to tools also not having a scroll saw or belt sander. I managed somehow to make these with nothing but my angle grinder with different grit flap discs and a hand held jig saw. I did the final sanding with a palm sander and a little hand sanding. 😂 For what I had to work with they came out ok I think. I’d like to contour them nicer and set the screws a little deeper but it works good for now and feels pretty decent in the hand. I bought a nice leather Spyderco sheath for it because for me this will be more of a bushcraft and woods knife than something tactical so I didn’t want the kydex.

I also put a really nice 15° edge on it. That was with my work sharp precision adjust before I got my awesome Edge Pro. It’s EXTREMELY sharp and will shave hair very smoothly and carve S’s in phone book paper with ease.

Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Striple765Rider

Wandering_About wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:06 am
Will have to get some better pics sometime later, but kinda excited to have a full Spyderco 15V family. I held out on getting the Shaman for a long time, thinking it was a model that wasn't for me. Have had this one less than 24 hours and already figured out I was quite wrong. It's a bit chonky and heavy so may never become my most carried knife, but wow is this a cool and well designed knife!

I’m so jealous of that collection!
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Wandering_About

Double or nothing!

MNOSD member #0035
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Beautiful
MRj “Weak things break!”
Striple765Rider

I got my 15V Para 2!!! I made friends with a guy on the Spyderco Reddit forum and was telling him about how bad it killed me to watch that 15V Para 2 disappear at the online sale because I couldn’t get through checkout. He lives just north of Denver and was going to the seconds sale and camping out the night before so he said if he saw any he’d grab one for me. He ended up grabbing two, one for him and one for me. He also got a 15V Manix and quite a bit of others also. He wouldn’t even take any extra money for his time and effort and just had me give him the $107 for the knife and $10 for shipping. Super nice guy and totally made my week! The only thing I can see that might have made it a second is there’s black marks in the scales right at the blade end but they’re on the thin side so unless you’re looking head on at it you can’t really see them. The action is beautiful and drop free, zero lock stick and it’s centered. I’m so so happy with this thing and I finally got a 15V to add to my little baby PM2 collection!! Other than my Maxamet this is definitely the highest end steel as far as hardness and edge retention I have. And I’ve seen Cedric and Ada’s test where he got a 15V to completely smoke even the Maxamet number before dulling.
I flipped the clip since taking the picture for my normal tip up carry. I’ll be getting a nice Lynch clip for it soon.

-Dave
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”