Usual Suspect Network V2 website is up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Candyman

Usual Suspect Network V2 website is up

Post by Candyman »

I saw they have the new website up for USN now! Currently only a “show us your spyderco” thread but I’m hoping that’ll change.

https://www.usnv2.net/
Think for yourself
twinboysdad

Re: Usual Suspect Network V2 website is up

Post by twinboysdad »

Not letting me log in with old username?
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Some while ago I tried to register on USN, probably the V1 iteration of it, but could never get it to work. It may be that I never got the e-mail/account confirmation e-mail.
Maybe the new site works better? I might never know. Think I lost the momentum somewhere along the way
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Tbh I have no clue what you guys are talking about :grimace ... could anyone be so kind and briefly explain?
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:15 pm
Tbh I have no clue what you guys are talking about :grimace ... could anyone be so kind and briefly explain?
It's a different forum/group devoted to EDC stuff including knives. I joined about the time I joined this forum but didn't really participate much. I have even looked at USN for a few years now
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Just tried logging in, and it appears my old account has been deleted.
That's ok. They're mostly Emerson fans over there. I'm not that.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I found it to be a site I’d never be fully comfortable in and I’ll leave it there. I’m sure my very lightly used account was long ago retired and deleted.

Edited to fix an old typo.
Last edited by JRinFL on Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I think I might have joined USN to get access to a discount code for the USN Ladybug Hawkbills direct from Spyderco. I could be misremembering but I signed up around the time that knife came out and never really used it again. I spend enough time on this forum, I just don’t have the motivation to post on another one at the moment. I’ll still probably sign up though. :thinking
-Nick :bug-red
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I joined. Can always use another knife forum. Now I'm on 4 social media sites!!! Woohoo!!!!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:48 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:15 pm
It's a different forum/group devoted to EDC stuff including knives. I joined about the time I joined this forum but didn't really participate much. I have even looked at USN for a few years now
Thank you Sir!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:57 pm
Just tried logging in, and it appears my old account has been deleted.
That's ok. They're mostly Emerson fans over there. I'm not that.
Whole new system so you need to make a new account.

Yes, there's a lot of Emerson fans, but it's more than that. My 1st pic uploaded was Spyderco related ;)
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I think they are using the same forum software that the USCCA uses.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

USN is a great forum and there are some really big Spyderco fans there.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I'm glad to see it back up, I liked their Spyderco Sub Forum there too.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Also joined several years for the ladybug forum knife. Signed up for a new account there because if they decide to do another spyderco knife, I’ll likely buy one.
NaturalMystic

Post by NaturalMystic »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:00 pm
I think I might have joined USN to get access to a discount code for the USN Ladybug Hawkbills direct from Spyderco. I could be misremembering but I signed up around the time that knife came out and never really used it again. I spend enough time on this forum, I just don’t have the motivation to post on another one at the moment. I’ll still probably sign up though. :thinking
I haven't been active on any of these EDC type forums in years. Just tried logging into a bunch of them to update passwords and realized the changes with USN. I've created a new account and am awaiting moderator approval. I never felt very comfortable there. Lots of cool pics and gear but a lot of them seemed a bit snobby or something, for lack of a better word. As someone mentioned, lots of Emersons which I'm also not a big fan of.

All that said, the reason to my reply to you in particular was really just to mention that I bought and still own about 4 or 5 of those USN Hawkbill Ladybugs - several plain edge and the others are Spydie-Edged. Great little knives. I only use one and have the rest saved in my knife collection which will all go to my daughter when I'm gone.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

aicolainen wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:09 pm
Some while ago I tried to register on USN, probably the V1 iteration of it, but could never get it to work. It may be that I never got the e-mail/account confirmation e-mail.
Maybe the new site works better? I might never know. Think I lost the momentum somewhere along the way
They used to be very restrictive with email domains, you couldn’t use a gmail address and many others to create an account. Not sure if this is the case with the new platform.
I see, said the blind man.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

w3tnz wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:18 pm
aicolainen wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:09 pm
They used to be very restrictive with email domains, you couldn’t use a gmail address and many others to create an account. Not sure if this is the case with the new platform.
Thanks for responding.
Haven't had a lot of time to spend on forums lately, but that could always change, so nice to know ;)