Any M18 FUEL Users Here?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
FeistyKat

Any M18 FUEL Users Here?

Post by FeistyKat »

8 years ago I bought a Milwaukee 18V Drill & Hammer Drill set with 3 batteries, charger & nice carry bag for $199 at Home Depot.

I bought it to install hooks to hold rope lights at my daughter's wedding. Since then I've gotten lots of use out of my starter set & found going cordless to be very convenient.

A few months ago I bought a FUEL Hackzall (think one-handed Sawzall) to use for cutting brush (and I'm still working on that!)

It's worked well with my three M18 1.5Ah batteries (the smallest battery & now considered obsolete, I think) although I've found I can easily outrun my batteries if I'm really cutting.

So I'm looking to invest in some HIGH OUTPUT batteries that are designed to work with FUEL tools, not just with my Hackzall, but a string trimmer and pole saw somewhere in the near future.

Home Depot has a good deal right now on four 3.0Ah HO batteries for $199:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M ... /313290592

Add a Rapid Charger for $129:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M ... /312236426

and I think I might be set.

I figure I can work with two 3.0 batteries while the other two charge.

Or can I? The 3.0Ah batteries are probably on the small side for a string trimmer or pole saw, Milwaukee pairs an 8.0Ah battery when you buy either tool with a battery.

I'm thinking I can make it work if I throw enough smaller batteries at it.

Anyone out there have experience with either of these tools?
prndltech

Re: Any M18 FUEL Users Here?

Post by prndltech »

I only use the m12 stuff but I love the xc 4.0 and 6.0 batteries… sorry it’s not much help!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'm still trying to kill my collection of OG Craftsman Diehard 19.2v stuff so I can upgrade to brushless but it won't die.
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

I have a wide assortment of M18 tools that I use professionally. Good stuff.
El Cid

Post by El Cid »

I bought that Milwaukee 18V Drill & Hammer Drill set with 3 batteries, charger & nice carry bag for $199 at Home Depot around that same time. I use them a lot. My batteries have held up well. They still charge and last a long time. Tools are plenty strong. Money well spent in my opinion.
Hebrews 4:12