Halloween with Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jousmit19

Halloween with Spyderco

Post by jousmit19 »

for when a video with instructions on how to hollow out a halloween pumpkin, and what knife is recommended?
Toucan

Re: Halloween with Spyderco

Post by Toucan »

Something slim and or long? Pumpkins tend to wedge blades real bad. Tall blades tend to do that too. I guess if it were a thin skinned carving pumpkin I'd say Centofante3 or a Chaparral. Maybe a Yojimbo if you can get away with just the tip. For the most part I actually tend to prefer those cheapy saws that come with jack o lantern kits.

Un-related, but the title had me thinking. If I were a billionaire I'd give out little Salt Ladybugs with the full sized candy bars.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Native Chief would probably work.
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Sawing motions are pretty effective while carving pumpkins, so I’d go with a serrated Police, Spyderhawk, and/or some smaller serrated blades for details. Like a Hawkbill Dragonfly, Byrd Hawkbill, or Spyderco Tasman.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I just use typical carving kit tools, the little saw things but I did use a Ladybug Salt to clean up the inside edges of my cuts.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Yeah, most pocket knives are too thick and get wedged. I’d stick with the thin saw blade in the carving kits.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006