College Football 2022

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: College Football 2022

Post by MacLaren »

cjk wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:49 pm
OSU and UGA was a good game (at least to watch). UGA grad Mrs cjk did not think so.

Imho, Georgia is the new Alabama.

It’s funny how sore many Alabama fans are about going 11-2. When I was a student there 25 years ago, we weren’t so hot.
One of my favorite Bama - actually my favorite Bama tean was the 92 team - they had an amazing defense! They were never ranked #1 all year - but, this one Journalist kept voting them #1 - pizzed Miami off because they were never a unanimous #1 ( & those 90's Miami teams were legitimate bad arses!) At any rate, Bama under Gene Stallings went on to win the Natty
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

cjk

Post by cjk »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:56 am
cjk wrote:
OSU and UGA was a good game (at least to watch). UGA grad Mrs cjk did not think so.

It’s funny how sore many Alabama fans are about going 11-2. When I was a student there 25 years ago, we weren’t so hot.
One of my favorite Bama - actually my favorite Bama tean was the 92 team - they had an amazing defense! They were never ranked #1 all year - but, this one Journalist kept voting them #1 - pizzed Miami off because they were never a unanimous #1 ( & those 90's Miami teams were legitimate bad arses!) At any rate, Bama under Gene Stallings went on to win the Natty
That was my senior year in high school. It certainly helped with recruiting (me, at least). My favorite team personally was the 2020 team. Most Alabama fans seemed to think that Mac Jones was the nerdy backup QB who was never supposed to actually start and that they should go with freshman Bryce Young. I agree that Mac is nerdy and I can really relate to that, so I'm a big fan. :squinting-tongue
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

cjk wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:41 pm
MacLaren wrote:
cjk wrote:

That was my senior year in high school. It certainly helped with recruiting (me, at least). My favorite team personally was the 2020 team. Most Alabama fans seemed to think that Mac Jones was the nerdy backup QB who was never supposed to actually start and that they should go with freshman Bryce Young. I agree that Mac is nerdy and I can really relate to that, so I'm a big fan. :squinting-tongue
Cool!!! You played for Alabama? That's awesome!
I graduated in '90 - had an offer to play at a very small school -.they don't even have football any longer though (Lees MacRae)
I gotta ask, how was it playin D1 with the big boys?
cjk

Post by cjk »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:19 pm
cjk wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:41 pm
MacLaren wrote:
cjk wrote:

Cool!!! You played for Alabama? That's awesome!
I graduated in '90 - had an offer to play at a very small school -.they don't even have football any longer though (Lees MacRae)
I gotta ask, how was it playin D1 with the big boys?
No sorry, I didn't play football. I'm a nerd. :face monocle I meant that helped recruit me as a student. That and my college visit there was during sorority rush. and oh yeah, free tuition.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Horrible news out of Athens today: UGA OL Devin Willock and staffer Chandler LeCroy perished in a single vehicle accident when her SUV left the road in the early hours of the morning. https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -car-crash